Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Bella Swan Cullen #2

Post by edward4ever »

I agree with you a little bit about how it must be a lonely life. However, I truly enjoy being alone. I don't feel lonely by myself at all. Yes, it would get lonely though if you have zero friends, but maybe she had people she hung out with but never got close enough to feel the need to keep in contact with them after she moved. I am like that. Once I move, I leave everyone behind and put them in my past. Sad? Maybe, but I just make new friends. I come from a military family and am military myself so I have moved a lot in my life. It's just something I have gotten used to.

As far as Edward goes, I think he did it out of necessity. He couldn't afford to let anyone get close to his family so he just kept away...until he couldn't... ;)
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

edward4ever wrote:I agree with you a little bit about how it must be a lonely life. However, I truly enjoy being alone. I don't feel lonely by myself at all. Yes, it would get lonely though if you have zero friends, but maybe she had people she hung out with but never got close enough to feel the need to keep in contact with them after she moved. I am like that. Once I move, I leave everyone behind and put them in my past. Sad? Maybe, but I just make new friends. I come from a military family and am military myself so I have moved a lot in my life. It's just something I have gotten used to.

As far as Edward goes, I think he did it out of necessity. He couldn't afford to let anyone get close to his family so he just kept away...until he couldn't... ;)

Yes could you see if Edward had brought home Jessica, what reaction Rosalie would have :lol: :lol:
Sorry about the friends, but if you keep in touch that would be nice to know people all over.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

I agree that Edward didn't talk to anyone out of necessity. There secret had to be kept and the closer you are to people the easier it is to let them know all about you.

I think that Bella didn't have any friends one b/c she just didn't fit in with people her age and two b/c she spent most of her time taking care of her mother. It says that Bella was the parent in that relationship so she probably just didn't have time for friends.
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

I know when he started sitting with Bella and her friends it could have been his first interaction with humans on that level for some time. I just can't see any girl in school not wanting to be Alice's friend! In the movie when Alice hugs her, Kristen gave the best look a kodak moment and Edward was like what the heck are you doing Alice. I do hope that they play up the Bella and Alice relationship in the movies and I would love to see her with Charlie. :lol:
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

diane771 wrote:
Yes could you see if Edward had brought home Jessica, what reaction Rosalie would have :lol: :lol:
Sorry about the friends, but if you keep in touch that would be nice to know people all over.
:lol: Rose wouldn't have wasted any time in suckin ALL the blood out of Jessica!!

You're right about the friends. I realize I miss a lot not keeping in touch with my past friends. But, I'm not lonely because of it. I make friends fast and am a very good friend while we're together. I would follow them to hell and back if they asked. Which, I have done on occasion! :twisted: :lol:
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

diane771 wrote:Can we talk about something else about Bella. In all the books I thought it was a little strange that Bella didn't have or refer to any friends in Pheonix. Does anyone have any idea's that a junior in high school doesn't have any friend from childhood when she was with her mom?
I only have contact with very few friends from my high school. Mostly because I moved away straight after high school, and secondly because I only keep contact with the ones that I really bonded with. But yes, it is a bit strange for a girl never to mention any friends from her high school when she's 17. But she was a loner. And she really didn't feel like she fitted in anywhere until she met Edward. That's sort of what makes me think that she was born to be with him. And I also think her not really bonding with a lot of people made her transition into the vampire-life easier. And I think maybe she was the kind of girl that got along better with guys. She wasn't into all the small talk and gossip and shallowness that Jessica displayed. So it was really quite natural that she chose Jacob as her best friend.
diane771 wrote:I know when he started sitting with Bella and her friends it could have been his first interaction with humans on that level for some time. I just can't see any girl in school not wanting to be Alice's friend!
I think they were just afraid to give her a chance. There was something about the Cullens that scared people a bit. They were extremely beautiful, and I'm sure no one could pin point what it was about them, but I guess they made people a bit on edge. I was like Bella said: The Cullens were loveable once people gave them the chance to be charming. But the Cullens also kept to themselves, not letting anyone in. And with all 5 of them always hanging out together, they might have seemed a little bit intimidating to the other kids. Only Bella really had the guts to relate to them. But I agree, Alice would have been the world's best friend.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Yes, its not like Emmett or Jasper could go out for sports :lol: :lol:
it just seems so dull. and Alice likes to stir things so I'm wondering about all the schools that they had to go to, they must have come across some human contact with some stories to tell.
Like if Edward was in the Band :lol:
Emmett on the wrestling team
Jasper on the depating team so he could control the emotions
Alice on the homecoming and prom planning panel
and where could we put Rosalie? :lol:
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Homecoming and Prom queen, perhaps??

I honestly don't think Bella really knows how to make friends. In Forks, everyone was drawn to her because she was the new girl, with Jacob it was just one of those natural chemistry things and with Edward, well, we all know that one.

But it's not like she made any effort to make human friends at her school and I don't think it's because of the shallowness and gossip of girls like Jessica, because certainly all girls aren't like that. She even liked Angela but she was never able to really bond with her. I don't think she knew how.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

HOFJ, I agree that Bella had difficulty making friends in general and more specifically human girlfriends. Why do you think that is? A product of her close relationship with her mother? Too shy to befriend girls like herself (Angela) and uninterested in the shallower girls (Jessica & Lauren)?

Image Image Image
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

That is hard but how the books protrays her to me is an insecure, lonely shy girl. But she really only cooked for her dad and read a few books because once her and Edward got together it was all consuming to her. Maybe she was embarrassed of her mother so she never brought anyone home. I think that a girl who calls her mom, erratic and harebrain maybe just didn't feel comfortable in bring girl friends over to her house. and with the close relationship she felt and then having to move to Forks. Or she just wasn't good around people.