Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Jacob Black

Post by SenorGimp »

no sweat. take your time, read them carefully, by all means!
I look forward to, and value your feedback!

also
to anyone interested in reading the fan fic i've been working on with my love, it will be done soon, so PM me if you want to read it, and I will add you to the list!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

SarahGoddard wrote:New Topic:

How do you think Jacob and Leahs realationship would have developed if they had gone off together as a "mini" pack?

I dont think that they would have had an attraction but then months of sharing each others minds could change that...

Or would have turned into a more brother/sister realationship. Jokingly winding each other up but fiercly loyal regardless?

I'm sure I'll have more to add once I hear everyone elses viewpoints :)
The good thing about this thread it is doesn't matter how often you come here, things are always agitated, with discussions, debates, people crying. I never get bored. :lol:

Well, the questions:

At first, I thought it would develope for a love thing. You know, he's alone, she's alone too. They are both attractive young people... or not. Maybe because their relationship is so freakish intimate that you definetely can feel attracted by each other. It kills the mystery, the chemistry.... it's too much information all the time. So, yeah, I think it's a brother and sister thing.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob. . . I guess here is where we disagree. . . I find it more reasonable to judge a person individually without considering their peers. Because what others do doesn’t signify much to me, it’s the person I am focusing on is what I will deduce.

That’s not entirely true though, vampires are frozen the way they were in their last seconds of human life. If someone is able to mature and change their self to learn to behave better - then why isn’t Rosalie changing? Maturity has always been part of Edward considering the times he has lived in. . . but what I was saying is that both boys are young and inexperienced when it comes to love - the same thing applies to both.

. . . Dunno, I have a different definition of stress that allows me to interpret Jacob’s “stress” differently than you do *shrugs. . .* Moot point. I suppose.

I agree and disagree . . . You’re right that Bella had to set a limit to her relationship with Jacob, therefore being disloyal to Edward. And Jacob didn’t need to be respectful to Edward if he were to pursue Bella. But the thing is, what right does he have in the first place to go after a person in a relationship that made it clear she was not going to give up said relationship? What right does he have to interfere in an already committed relationship? And to not put the blame entirely on Bella, she DID construe her feelings entirely.

Hm, individual deduction for me. I’d like to separate what Edward did from what Jacob did, unless they are put in comparison. What Edward did doesn’t give a free pass for Jacob and likewise. However, to make it clear once more that it’s not so much that I can’t forgive Jacob, it’s more about that I have a problem with his behaviour in Eclipse and where my dislike stems from.
buffygrl3
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by buffygrl3 »

Malaz, I kind of disagree. Though you do have a pretty good point.

Jacob loved Bella, Bella loved Jake and Edward. Edward ditched Bella and left her a miserable lump. Jacob stood by Bella as her friend who was also totally in love with her, and since Edward left he had pretty much broken up with Bella. Jake wanted to be with Bella, Bella was single (Edward left her), if Bella had gone with Jake then she might have been happier.

Jake saw how lively she was around him and had probably heard how awful she was before they started hanging out, since Charlie and Billy were friends and friends tend to tell their concerns about their children to people they trust and respect, so Billy most likely had info on how zombie-ish Bella was before Jacob and her became strong friends. Then when they became friends Bella perked back up, not as perky as she was before Edward left, but still alot better than before she had Jake. Jake saw how his friendship had helped and perhaps he thought a romantic relationship could help her even more, and it would benefit him too since he was so totally in love with her.

Now, Malaz, try to think of it this way. I know you don't judge others in comparison to their peers but lets put you in Jake's shoes for a second ok? And keep an open mind, don't let your personal thoughts on JAke change what you'd feel in this situation. OK, you're in love with this girl, who is also your best friend. Her boyfriend just left her and she's miserable, so she comes to you for comfort. And you see that she feels better when she's around you, and you love her. What do you do? Do you just let her dwell on the jerk who ditched her or do you try to turn her attention to you so she can start the healing process?

Maybe I'm a bit off, but if I was in love with a friend and they had just been left by their jerk bf, I'd try to help them in any way I thought would work. Even if it meant forcing the boundries of friendship a little, and trying to let them see that they love me back... I don't know Malaz, maybe I'm a bit more pushy than you. But can you at least see where Jacob was? Maybe even understand it?

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Hey everyone new Jacob related question for all of you.. :D

If werewolves had gifted abilities like vampires have, what gift would you give Jacob? Or would you not give him a gift at all? Why or why not?
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Hey everyone new Jacob related question for all of you.. :D

If werewolves had gifted abilities like vampires have, what gift would you give Jacob? Or would you not give him a gift at all? Why or why not?
SM said vampire's special abilities were based on their human characteristics. Edward was very in tune with people and could guess at what they were thinking, so, as a vampire, he could read minds. I think Jacob would receive a similar gift. He knew Bella better than even Edward. In BD, Edward commented that Jacob immediately understood what Bella was thinking, whereas Edward did not realize it until she got off the plane and jumped into Rosalie's arms. In Eclipse Fire and Ice, Jacob was able to guess as many of Edward's thoughts and feelings. In BD, Jacob was able to understand and empathize with Leah when none of the other werewolves had been able to understand where she was coming from. Jacob seems very in tune with people and able to figure out what they are thinking.
RussetRose♥

Post by RussetRose♥ »

eclipserox wrote:
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Hey everyone new Jacob related question for all of you.. :D

SM said vampire's special abilities were based on their human characteristics. Edward was very in tune with people and could guess at what they were thinking, so, as a vampire, he could read minds. I think Jacob would receive a similar gift. He knew Bella better than even Edward. In BD, Edward commented that Jacob immediately understood what Bella was thinking, whereas Edward did not realize it until she got off the plane and jumped into Rosalie's arms. In Eclipse Fire and Ice, Jacob was able to guess as many of Edward's thoughts and feelings. In BD, Jacob was able to understand and empathize with Leah when none of the other werewolves had been able to understand where she was coming from. Jacob seems very in tune with people and able to figure out what they are thinking.
That's a good point. I think that he would be able to read minds too. Like you said, Jacob knew Bella even better than Edward did. Jacob can understand people's emotions really well. He's amazing when it comes to knowing how Bella is feeling or what is on her mind. He was always there for her, and he didn't let Edward get in his way.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

I have to agree with eclipserox about the mind-reading thing. It would have interesting to see both Jacob & Edward, prior to their friendship, try to block out thoughts so the other could not 'hear' them. If that could be accomplished then basically a "dial tone" or "dead line" would be all they would experience.

I guess what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

The story that BuffyGrl3 and I wrote is finished and posted on fanfiction.net.
here's the link if anyone wants to read it:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4820154/1/The_Delajio
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
RussetRose♥

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Okay, so new topic.
I have to know what people think about this or what they think might have happened...

What do you think would have happened if Alice never saw Bella jump off the cliff? What if Bella had waited for Jacob and they did it together. Do you think that anything would have happened between Jacob and Bella? I know that this is kind of a...I don't know, weird question. But, I personally am a huge Jacob fan, and I would just like to hear your thoughts. :D

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"