Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Jacob Black

Post by SenorGimp »

Wow. good point!
let's see, I suppose that if Bella had waited and jumped off the cliff with Jacob, Alice wouldn't have been able to see it happen, and Edward wouldn't go to Volterra to kill himself, everything would be just as Edward intended for it to be, he'd stay away, and I think that yes, eventually Bella would have given in to her feelings for Jacob, but as has also been pointed out somewhere else, Jacob may have eventually imprinted on someone else, leaving Bella in just as awful of a state as when Edward leaves her, so maybe she would have actually jumped off the cliff then, trying to die, or something, and at this point either Jacob would have again saved her, thus putting the story back to where it goes from there, or else no one would have gotten there in time to save her, she would have died, Edward would have committed suicide by Volturi, and the story would have been a lot more tragic.
Or maybe Jacob never would have imprinted, and he and Bella would have lived happily ever after, or maybe Edward would eventually be unable to stay away, come back to see her with Jacob, and then he'd be the one stepping in and messing up Jacob and Bella's relationship...
It's really hard to speculate on something that could potentially have a huge impact on the direction of the story like that...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

RussetRose♥ wrote:Okay, so new topic.
I have to know what people think about this or what they think might have happened...

What do you think would have happened if Alice never saw Bella jump off the cliff? What if Bella had waited for Jacob and they did it together. Do you think that anything would have happened between Jacob and Bella? I know that this is kind of a...I don't know, weird question. But, I personally am a huge Jacob fan, and I would just like to hear your thoughts. :D
No, I do not think so. Edward was coming back anyway and Bella never, ever stopped loving him. Yes she loved Jacob, but as she pointed out, it would never, ever be enough. And with Edward returning, that still would have sealed up their relationship and I feel the three-way heartbreak still would have occurred.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

I'm pretty sure Edward said he was about to go back to Forks before Bella jumped off the cliff because he missed Bella terribly and couldn't stay away. I do think Bella would have given Jacob a chance. She seemed to be leaning that direction. But, she wasn't really happy. My guess is Edward would have snuck into her room just like he did in Twilight before they were together and watched her sleep. She would have dreamt of Edward and said his name. He would know that she still loved him and was not happy, and he would stay. She would forgive him and take him back right away, even if she had just started things with Jacob. Jacob would have been even more hurt than he originally was because he would have really thought he had a chance with Bella for a few days
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Hmmmmm RussetRose, I wish I could say it would turn out well for Jacob and Bella. But, alas, I agree with my fellow posters, particularly Navarre. It would only have lead to more heartbreak. Regardless of the cliff jumping, Edward would have come back at some point, and I think we can figure on some point relatively close in time. Once Edward is back in the picture and able to explain his reasons for leaving, as Bella says, "there was nothing to forgive." Jacob's heart is broken. Bella feels responsible. Edward is still a touch jealous, and more than a little protective of Bella. Fate can't be changed.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
The_Voice_Within
Settled in Forks

Post by The_Voice_Within »

I LOVE JACOB!! I became a a big fan of him reading Eclipse! I fell in love with him in Eclipse. :D I love his sense of humor, and how sweet and light-hearted he is. And for awhile I actually wanted Jacob and Bella to be together, they would have been great together, but Edward and Bella are too perfect. I find it strange how werewolves imprint. It kinda is strange to me that he imprinted on Renesmee, this sweet and innocent half-blood child. haha! But I adore his character.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

New topic:
Do you think that you would be able to endure the absolute lack of privacy that accompanies joining the pack and sharing a pack mind?
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
TheLamb07
Wandering Through Town

Post by TheLamb07 »

I loved Jacob between twilight and Eclipse even thought he was pushy and wanted to force bella to love him. He' was so funny and i just loved him. and then we get to Breaking Dawn. The whole imprinting on Reneesme really pissed me off. Come on, shes a baby! Some people say, that he loves her like a little sister but don't kid urself, he gave her a promise bracelet. what could that possibly mean? I promise to be ur big brother? i don't think so.
Vampire vs. Werewolf is the new Pirate vs. Ninja
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SenorGimp wrote:New topic:
Do you think that you would be able to endure the absolute lack of privacy that accompanies joining the pack and sharing a pack mind?
Easy, plain and simple. No. It would drive me absolutely out of my mind.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

No. I can't blame really Leah for being so moody. Hello, there are 10 dudes with boylike minds, thinking about girls, sports and whatever guys have in their minds all day. And them hearing my thought all day.

And plus, changing clothes in the middle of the forrest with the same 10+ guys around. You can't even think "Geez, I need do some waxing" without them knowing. No, I'd quit on the following day and move to Miami or other sunny place where I would never think about phasing again. I don't take this wolf girl life. Leah may be tough and woman enough to take back on the boys and send images of naked guys on their head, but I know I'm not.
Last edited by Lunna-san on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Uh, NO! My thoughts are mine and I would lose my mind if I had to share it with others(to be honest, they might lose their minds sharing mine). :lol:

Even worse, what if I had temper issues like Leah. Blowing out of my clothes at a moments notice until I could 'get a grip' and then because there might be a chance I would have to phase back for whatever reason and
well... :oops:
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict