Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Jacob Black

Post by SenorGimp »

Holy Crap BellaSwan... I can't believe this is your first post, mainly because it boggles my mind that no one else thought to use that internet handle on this site before you... weird...
As far as Jacob's getting screwed, I agree, I am currently working on an alternate BD fanfic, but am stuck after writing the preface and chapter one, because i need a copy of BD in order to keep some of the story the same, with just a few major differences, aside from my style of writing differing greatly from SM's ... I am writing it entirely from Jacob's POV, because, as you alluded to, I don't feel that he was properly portrayed, or at least a lot of people misinterpreted his portrayal, and I think his side of the story deserves to be told... the ending of it will probably piss a lot of people off though, so when I finish it, if you don't want to be pissed off, don't read it...
just a heads up... i will let you all know when i get it posted on fanfiction, okay?
C-ya
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
MrsTaylorLautner212
Wandering Through Town

Post by MrsTaylorLautner212 »

No offense to Stephenie Meyer or anything but I really think that the Jacob/Renesmee relationship is the most stupid thing I've ever heard of!! I mean, I love the books except for this part. Jacob should've imprinted on someone else!! It doesn't make any sense at all for him to imprint on her because she's half bloodsucker!! I just really dont get it. And I have 2 questions about that. 1) will they be able to have kids and 2) if they do, THAT'S REALLY STUPID!! Their kids will be like part human part vampire and part werewolf. I bet their kids are going to have multiple personality disorder because they'll always be trying to kill the vampire part of themselves. What, are they going to create their own superbreed? IT JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE!!! :evil:
Team Jacob: Because I like my men HOT, ALIVE, and FURRY
My werewolf can beat up your vampire
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

I am so completely torn over the Jacob/renesme imprinting…thing…whatever.

It’s so wrong but so appropriate at times that to me, I just can’t make up my mind whether I like it or not. Mostly, I don’t because Jacob is just Jacob and I “aint” have no heart for any Jacobs and it doesn‘t make sense and i hate the reason behind it. But it quite fits too in a weird, freaky way…for the story.

I personally don’t think the imprinting was substantiated in a subconscious effort to choose for Jacob rather it was Stephenie’s forced doings. It’s just one of those things are so obviously manifested throughout the books. First time around breaking dawn--clearly--I didn’t realize that the imprinting was a plot device to tie and trim loose ties. Second time around i did realize that and the manifestations were crystal clear even more through the book. I find this behaviour quite frequent when it’s in relation to Jacob black. I am honestly trying to understand and I am just not buying any of the excuses.

Back to topic…I think the imprinting was a necessity to the book and the plot of the book very much to complete the story - but to me, I think it’s main reason was that to have Jacob to be somehow related to bella and the cullens in a final way.
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 »

i acutally like him now as a character now that he stopped being a jerk..
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

hmm, the whole imprinting thing I'm still not sure about. When we first heard about it with Embry and Claire I'm sure like me we were all thinking "woah! WTF?" But I have to keep telling myself "Its not like that - their realationship is based on the werewolf making his imprintee happy and safe - thats it. So with the whole Renesmee thing I just have to keep reminding myself that. The only thing that bugs me is the whole "Nessie" nickname - I'm totally with Bella on that one! :D

What I would love is for a version of New Moon to be published from Jacobs point of view. I was reading "Being Jacob Black" on SM's website and thats what got me into the idea, there just wasnt enough detail there! I wanted a minute by minute break down of thoughts and feelings from Jacob as we have with Edward in Midnight Sun. On that note anyone got any good ideas with a title for New Moon from Jacobs pov?

Last thing - I'm really funny about dolls of characters so cant bring myself to buy any of the Twilight ones. Especially as they are modelled on the actors and I'm not a fan of the film. Characters have to look exactly right meaning I own very few dolls and definitly cant buy them online as I have to inspect them :!: The only one I really approve of from anywhere is Jared from the Labyrinth but even he stays in his box. Sad? Maybe....

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
omjb_loveydove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Hiding in Taylor Lautner's bushes with my Skank Pack shirt on

Post by omjb_loveydove »

i never really saw jacob as being a jerk in any way. he was jus actin like anyone else in his situation would. how would u feel/act if your best friend who you were in love with was in love with someone else that's jus.... so wrong for her? the lashing out with all the "bloodsucker" this, that, and the other is jus him bein jealous and tryin 2 conceal his hurt, you know?

As for a fifth book, as much as i want it, I can't see it happening. From Renesmee's point of view? Nahh, it just don't seem like it would be that interestin seein that she's a new character and all and is oblivious to all the things that everyone else knows. It seems like her POV would be really clueless... From Leah's POV, maybe. I guess. I don't know how the story will grow from seeing it through her eyes, unless she imprints on someone? Eh. It just seems like no other point of view will work anymore for a 5th one except for bella's (as usual).

I agree with you Sarah, NM from Jacob's POV would be pretty interesting
Screw Jacob Black you say? Why yes. Yes I will. :twisted:
Proud member of the Skank Pack (Taylor's right pec is MINE) and Team Turtle
Dork Squad: The Gaming Guru :geek:
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

omjb_loveydove wrote:i never really saw jacob as being a jerk in any way. he was jus actin like anyone else in his situation would. how would u feel/act if your best friend who you were in love with was in love with someone else that's jus.... so wrong for her? the lashing out with all the "bloodsucker" this, that, and the other is jus him bein jealous and tryin 2 conceal his hurt, you know?

As for a fifth book, as much as i want it, I can't see it happening. From Renesmee's point of view? Nahh, it just don't seem like it would be that interestin seein that she's a new character and all and is oblivious to all the things that everyone else knows. It seems like her POV would be really clueless... From Leah's POV, maybe. I guess. I don't know how the story will grow from seeing it through her eyes, unless she imprints on someone? Eh. It just seems like no other point of view will work anymore for a 5th one except for bella's (as usual).

I agree with you Sarah, NM from Jacob's POV would be pretty interesting
Whoa - love your banner!! Great six pack on Taylor - he is definitely ready to get his wolf on!!

I do not want anymore POV's. I would love for her to carry on these stories from a third person narrative as most books are written. That way we get everyone's thoughts, so forth. As I have said in previous posts, I never had a problem with the whole Jacob/Renesmee imprinting thing - I was cool with it. Since we already had a Quil/Claire thing, why not Jacob/Renesmee. And yes, I think they can have children. If you think about it that could really unite the pack to the vampires even more in alliances and yes, probably create a new race of beings.
Interesting. imo.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

omjb_loveydove wrote:i never really saw jacob as being a jerk in any way. he was jus actin like anyone else in his situation would. how would u feel/act if your best friend who you were in love with was in love with someone else that's jus.... so wrong for her? the lashing out with all the "bloodsucker" this, that, and the other is jus him bein jealous and tryin 2 conceal his hurt, you know?
“he was just actin like anyone else in his situation would.”? - I guess you could make that everyone except malaz. I would never conduct my opinions and views through such a crude approach.

What irritates me the most about his character and his actions in eclipse, is the fact that Jacob is fully aware of his conducts but he still acts on them regardless of what the consequence will be and how his actions will affect those surrounding. Eclipse - I am still quite undecided whether I like that book or not. It’s ok and it’s very well written but just the two characters (Bella, Jacob) that I liked before hand were unnecessarily mean, in my opinion.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Malaz, he just wasn't that bad.

He did a few stupid things, yes. But haven't you ever known a seventeen year old boy? I'm going to guess you have. I'm also going to guess that you don't think that all of them are crude and unnecessarily mean. Jacob reacted like any normal seventeen year old faced with his set of circumstances would, far better in some ways.

I just don't see how he was mean. To Edward, maybe, but Edward had it coming.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

I apologize. Sometimes when you write a post with adversity it comes off more anti than intended. However, how bad he was. . . ? i think it's moot, since we both read and processed the book through different eyes and minds, we wouldn't agree on that. :)

I am not sure what you're saying. Are you assuming all 17 year old would have acted exactly like Jacob, and that Jacob did better than most 17 year old boys? that, i can't personally agree with. I am not sure what type of teenager boys you are comparing Jacob to? trust me, there are types. The typical and immature one with lots of growing up to do, the smart and logical and sensible type yet still maturing, the serious and adult type, etc.

I think how exactly a person would act in a certain circumstance depends on their personality greatly and what they are comfortable and uncomfortable with. that's just my opinion, because i know (even though i am not a boy) i wouldn't be comfortable enough to do what jacob did if i were in his shoes and i know my brothers wouldn't either when they were 17.