Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Jacob Black

Post by SenorGimp »

I think that Jacob would be really disappointed in Bella, but if Renesmee screwed up her diet, he would just be really supportive and try to make her feel better about her lapse, what with the imprinting thing, and all..

A little aside:
Does anyone know where HoldingOutForJacob is? I haven't seen her on her in a few days, and she's usually quite active in the threads...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:New Jacob related question! :D I know you novel posters love my questions... ;) :lol:

What would you think Jacob's reaction to be if Bella messed up her vegetarian diet? What would be his reaction if Renesmee messed up her vegatarian diet and actually killed a human?
I think he would be pretty upset with both of them. How upset, it would be hard to tell considering his deep friendship with Bella and his love for Renesmee.

More important, how would Bella feel if she, herself, screwed up. I think she would feel horrible, guilty, you name it and I would be interested in knowing how Bella & Edward would handle Renesmee. Depends on her age at the time, I guess.

Hmmm.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Like some people have already said. I think that Jacob would be disappointed, but mainly surprised and shocked. I know I would be. But, if she did mess up, I think that of all people that would be mad would be herself. She'd be so upset and ashamed of herself. Or at least I would be if I did that.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SenorGimp wrote:I think that Jacob would be really disappointed in Bella, but if Renesmee screwed up her diet, he would just be really supportive and try to make her feel better about her lapse, what with the imprinting thing, and all..
I agree 100% SenorGimp. I think his reaction to Bella might be a little stronger than just disappointment, but he would also probably end up defending her to the rest of the pack, particularly Leah. Through defending her, he would at least become a little more understanding.
But, I think with Renesmee, he would end up ripping in to her because she would need him to. Kind of like what he did with Bella in Eclipse when he's recovering and he rips into her. But, in the end, yes he would be very understanding and supportive.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I never thought of that Jazz Girl.
Jacob will be whatever Renesmee needs of him, and if she needs a stern talking-to, to adequately impart to her the necessity of refraining from that sort of behavior, I suppose Jacob would probably be the one to give it to her.
You have, once again, broadened my horizons, and expanded my view of this incredible series.
Well done! :D
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
eclipserox

Post by eclipserox »

I agree with what Jazz Girl and Senior Gimp have just said. But, I have to say I think Renesmee would be the absolute last person to slip and eat a human. She is only half vampire, so I'm guessing the thirst is not quite as strong. She has never eaten a human before. Even as a very young child, she listened to Edward and Bella, and did not bite Charlie when he visited. She said that she loves humans and would never hurt them. She is used to being around humans, like Charlie, and she doesn't have a hard time with it, like Jasper sometimes does. She also loves Jacob and wouldn't want to do anything to disgust him or anger him. I don't think Renesmee would ever eat a human, even if the human smelled as good to her as Bella had to Edward.
flow_3
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by flow_3 »

i ♥ Jacob..
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

eclipserox wrote:I agree with what Jazz Girl and Senior Gimp have just said. But, I have to say I think Renesmee would be the absolute last person to slip and eat a human. She is only half vampire, so I'm guessing the thirst is not quite as strong. She has never eaten a human before. Even as a very young child, she listened to Edward and Bella, and did not bite Charlie when he visited. She said that she loves humans and would never hurt them. She is used to being around humans, like Charlie, and she doesn't have a hard time with it, like Jasper sometimes does. She also loves Jacob and wouldn't want to do anything to disgust him or anger him. I don't think Renesmee would ever eat a human, even if the human smelled as good to her as Bella had to Edward.
EclipseRox, definitely an interesting point. She doesn't seem at all tempted when she is around Charlie or Sure or any other human she is exposed to, the ones she is familiar with. But, we also know that she prefers human blood to animal. In BD, SM tells us that, while Nessie is completely clear on the evil of hunting humans, she prefers donated human blood to hunting animals. I guess when I look into the Twilight future, I always take into account that there are little things we can't know for sure, that things that seem set now could change for some unforeseen reason. This is an example. Nessie, as a part human, I assume will go through some sort of puberty. Human teenagers go a little whacky during puberty, so why wouldn't a half human? Maybe a part of her half vampire puberty would be a spike in her thirst, just like a spike in her hormones. Yes, Jacob will always be there to protect her, even from herself. But, he can't stop everything. So, I don't think it would be that far out of the realm of possibility to think that she might slip once or twice.

Yes, I am very aware that I totally overanalyze these things. But, hey, it keeps me honest. :)
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
eclipserox

Post by eclipserox »

Jazz Girl- yes, I guess that could be true. I have a hard time seeing her rebelling, though. She grows so fast that she won't really be able to have friends her age, who would be rebelling. The only people she will really interact with will be Jacob, who is older than her and theoretically more mature and her family, all of whom would discourage her eating humans. Her mind is also advancing so fast. I don't know what physical stage she'd be at when her mind is at the teenager stage. I imagine she would be younger than a teenager, maybe around 8 or 10. So, she'd still technically be a little kid and she'd be watched most of the time. By the time she will be on her own enough to really rebel, I think her mind will be past that stage. Then, there's always the problem of rebelling with Edward and Alice in the house. Can you imagine her trying to sneak out to see Jacob or eat a person or something? Alice would be able to tell-I know she can't actually see Renesmee, but if Renesmee left the house, there wouldn't be any blind spots and Alice would know something was up. And, Edward would be able to hear her thoughts. Poor kid would be met with several very strong full grown vampires to make sure she stayed out of trouble.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

I'm sorry to interrupt a conversation, but I saw something on the Bella thread that i found was way off base, but interesting. Someone said they thought Jacob would be a greedy, possessive, controlling boyfriend. I couldn't disagree more. What do you guys think?? Not just with Bella, with any girl.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...