Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Jacob Black

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Renesmee101, you managed to respond to that more clearly and with more finality than I ever could have. Bravo.

I don't know that Edward really has ANYTHING to do with what we're discussing besides the fact that he was the one Bella was marrying.

Whether or not Edward has saved her, which no one is denying he has, is besides the point. What Edward and Bella were planning to do was very dangerous. WE knew he could handle it, because we knew we still had several hundred pages to read.

All the past examples of Bella's behavior do NOT show any sort of sense of self-preservation from her at all. So accepting her decisions as automatically wise and well thought out is not necessarily the best thing to do. So there's no real indication at all to Jacob that it's safe, because just because Bella has decided to do it does not mean it's not dangerous. I think that's why he was so angry at Edward, he was SO caught off-guard.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Renesmee101 I completely agree with you when you said it doesn't matter what WE know or feel it is all about how Jacob feels and what HE knows. Everyone can fault him for a lot of things but it's because we do know how Edward is. Jacob doesn't. That is the whole point I have been trying to make for the past two or three pages. That it doesn't do any good to say "I would've done this b/c I knew this..." We weren't there, Jacob was, and he didn't know that Edward had been trying to talk Bella out of it. All he knew was that to him, the situation was dangerous and he cared for Bella's life. That's why I finally had to make the "agree to disagree" comment. The past few pages are just the same argument being repeated over and over, thanks for bringing something else up.
Renesmee101 wrote:
Anywho, I've been thinking about Jacob and Leah being together lately, and I was wondering what everyones opinions are on their relationship. ie, did you read it as platonic, potentially romantic, brother/sister?
In response to your question: before Renesmee came along I kinda wanted something to happen between them. Just because Jacob was all alone, Bella was pregnant and either going to die or become a vamp so that option was definitely out, and all the other girls that Jacob knows (that it mentions in the book) are either vamps or taken. So Leah seemed like the likely candidate. Then I got to thinking about what Leah said about how they imprint on the one who would make the best werewolf offspring and how she thought that meant she can't have kids since she's a female werewolf. So, then I realized that Jacob could never imprint on her if she can't have kids. Even though I wanted something to be there in the beginning, IMO there never was. It was purely platonic to me, maybe even a little brother/sister with the way they watch out for each other. And they kinda fight like siblings lol.
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Renesmee101 wrote:Diane: I'm willing to just drop this all together since niether of us are going to agree in any way on this subject.

Anywho, I've been thinking about Jacob and Leah being together lately, and I was wondering what everyones opinions are on their relationship. ie, did you read it as platonic, potentially romantic, brother/sister?
Well they knew each other from childhood. They both got their hearts broken and are in a defensive mode, and it would be
nice to see people who are kinda at the same way come together and Leah has much more in common with Jacob than Bella ever had. So I think it would be a great match
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Agreed. They've also both dealt with loss.

I think Jacob is perfect for Leah more so than she is for him. I mean, I find his capacity to love and forgive amazing. Leah needs that right now. She's hurting so much, and she's got so much anger, and I think that it's fair for her to be angry. But it makes her lash out. She needs someone who will understand that, who will not only stand up to her but love her anyway, and I think Jake can deliver that.

Plus Leah is just WAY cooler than Bella.

diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Agreed. They've also both dealt with loss.

I think Jacob is perfect for Leah more so than she is for him. I mean, I find his capacity to love and forgive amazing. Leah needs that right now. She's hurting so much, and she's got so much anger, and I think that it's fair for her to be angry. But it makes her lash out. She needs someone who will understand that, who will not only stand up to her but love her anyway, and I think Jake can deliver that.

LOL Hey there that was good!!!!! anyway do you know who or have anyone in mind for the movie to play Leah?
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Good how??

We should definitely take this to the Leah thread, but to answer your question, I have heard rumors of Vanessa Hudgens (from High School Musical) which makes me throw up a little in my mouth. I haven't really thought about who should play her, but I will think about it and get that discussion going on the Leah thread.

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Agreed. They've also both dealt with loss.

Oh HOFJ, you just made the statement I was going to write now, and said more perfectly than I could've! THANK YOU! YES! EXACTLY! :lol: I was waiting for J/L hookup! It seemed so...perfect. Right at the time. They were yin and yang, like Emmett and Rosalie in a bit, just less romantic and "physical" if you get me. But they could've been that way..could've..
Renesmee101
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: on a stage infront of a sold out Madison Square Garden, mic in hand, singing my heart out.

Post by Renesmee101 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Renesmee101, you managed to respond to that more clearly and with more finality than I ever could have. Bravo.
Thanks. :oops: I'm usually the one in the arugment/disagreement who gets so wrapped up in my own mind that half of what I think I don't type, and then I have to go back and edit myself like 30 times just to make it cohesive.

I was really hoping that Leah and Jake would get together. I've been a Blackwater fan since Eclipse. It made me so sad when Jake imprinted because the way Steph seemed to be going, they would be the only couple who's hands weren't forced into love in the whole Pack, and that would have been epic.
And yeahhh, if V-Hudd gets any closer to the Leah part than she already is, I will be throwing a massive and catastrophic fit.
Team Turtle: Thats how we roll
Skank Pack: Taylor's "V"
Dork Squad
Check out Team Taycob!! http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Good how??

We should definitely take this to the Leah thread, but to answer your question, I have heard rumors of Vanessa Hudgens (from High School Musical) which makes me throw up a little in my mouth. I haven't really thought about who should play her, but I will think about it and get that discussion going on the Leah thread.
Oh please no...she's WAY too bubble gum for that part.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

^^she's way too.....yucky.
Renesmee101 wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:Renesmee101, you managed to respond to that more clearly and with more finality than I ever could have. Bravo.
Thanks. :oops: I'm usually the one in the arugment/disagreement who gets so wrapped up in my own mind that half of what I think I don't type, and then I have to go back and edit myself like 30 times just to make it cohesive.

I was really hoping that Leah and Jake would get together. I've been a Blackwater fan since Eclipse. It made me so sad when Jake imprinted because the way Steph seemed to be going, they would be the only couple who's hands weren't forced into love in the whole Pack, and that would have been epic.
And yeahhh, if V-Hudd gets any closer to the Leah part than she already is, I will be throwing a massive and catastrophic fit.
So THAT'S what Blackwater means!!!! Wow I feel dumb.