Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Renesmee #2

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

I don't really think she has any character traits. I mean, I guess there's intelligence. And maybe maturity? But other than that... I got nothing.

And yes. I can see her being horribly spoiled.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

I think part of the reason her character seems a little underdeveloped is because we don't really get to spend that much time with her -- just part of one section of BD. And we hear from Bella all about how amazing she is but we don't actually get to *see* much of that.

Image Image Image
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

akire wrote:I think part of the reason her character seems a little underdeveloped is because we don't really get to spend that much time with her -- just part of one section of BD. And we hear from Bella all about how amazing she is but we don't actually get to *see* much of that.
Very true.
Thats why I think it would be interesting to see a book from her point of view. And how she percieves everything.
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

akire wrote:I think part of the reason her character seems a little underdeveloped is because we don't really get to spend that much time with her -- just part of one section of BD. And we hear from Bella all about how amazing she is but we don't actually get to *see* much of that.
Exactly, and we have to remember that it's her daughter she's talking about, and every mother thinks their child is amazing. I really hope we can read more about her so she could become a more complex character.
Renesmee101
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: on a stage infront of a sold out Madison Square Garden, mic in hand, singing my heart out.

Post by Renesmee101 »

FindYourTrueCalling wrote:
Very true.
Thats why I think it would be interesting to see a book from her point of view. And how she percieves everything.
See, I think we'd learn more about her if we read about her from Jake's POV. I say this because Jacob is incredibly good at reading people, and he's very honest in his assesments for the most part, so we'd be able to see Nessie in her best and worst moments and really get a feel for what kind of person she is.
Of course, this is me going on what Jake was like pre-imprint. Who knows how he'll view Nessie now that she's the center of his universe.
Team Turtle: Thats how we roll
Skank Pack: Taylor's "V"
Dork Squad
Check out Team Taycob!! http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
akire

Post by akire »

Renesmee101 wrote: See, I think we'd learn more about her if we read about her from Jake's POV. I say this because Jacob is incredibly good at reading people, and he's very honest in his assesments for the most part, so we'd be able to see Nessie in her best and worst moments and really get a feel for what kind of person she is.
Of course, this is me going on what Jake was like pre-imprint. Who knows how he'll view Nessie now that she's the center of his universe.
I'm not sure Jacob would be able to give us a more accurate POV than Bella, actually. He's good at seeing all sides of people he's NOT imprinted on... but isn't part of imprinting that they mainly see the good in the person?

Image Image Image
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

In my dream world we have a sequel about both Renesmee and Leah from either of their points of view, Leah is jaded as it is, so she wouldn't see Renesmee through rose-colored glasses. If Renesmee is half as complex as the other characters who have narrated these stories, it would be a great read.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
akire

Post by akire »

^^ Ooh, good suggestion. I would almost want it to be kind of like BD -- Leah & Renesmee would have such contrasting points of view, it would be great to compare/contrast them.

Image Image Image
Renesmee101
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: on a stage infront of a sold out Madison Square Garden, mic in hand, singing my heart out.

Post by Renesmee101 »

akire wrote:^^ Ooh, good suggestion. I would almost want it to be kind of like BD -- Leah & Renesmee would have such contrasting points of view, it would be great to compare/contrast them.
That would be amazing to read. I'd like to think, though, that since Leah is a part of Jake's pack, and Jake will be spending all his time with Nessie, that Nessie would wind up spending quite a bit of time with Leah and picking up on some of her personality traits. But thats the idealist in me coming out. :P
Team Turtle: Thats how we roll
Skank Pack: Taylor's "V"
Dork Squad
Check out Team Taycob!! http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

Renesmee101 wrote: That would be amazing to read. I'd like to think, though, that since Leah is a part of Jake's pack, and Jake will be spending all his time with Nessie, that Nessie would wind up spending quite a bit of time with Leah and picking up on some of her personality traits. But thats the idealist in me coming out. :P
Oh, I wish she would! I'd like her to learn more from Leah than from her mother, cause if she has her mother's attitude... hm...nope, i won't like her that much.

But for now, I love her.