Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
despoina92
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Renesmee #2

Post by despoina92 »

When it comes to Renesmee, there is just loads of curiosity in what she is going to turn out. I am quite sure that she would not turn to Bella 2.0 since she will get so much influence from so many interesting people. I want to believe that her character will be formed in the future through interaction with her family's members as well with other charcters, for example some of the wolves and humans around her.
I was very disappointment with the whoe imprinting thing, because it stopped her in some ways to form her own destiny. I wish she developed very independent and tried to abandon her strong, magical connection with Jacob, in order to collect various life experiences. I mean, this would not stop them of being ogether sometime, but not being together from the begining until the end. Even Bella had 17 years of independent life experience before she met Edward!

And about the name, well, I am Greek and when I read the book and saw her name I found it rather cute and beautiful. Like MS said, she is a unique child and only a unique name fits her. Is Renesmee that bad? Really now...
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I wonder if Renesmee is even aware of the imprinting and what that means.
Jacob is much more of a big brother than a lover (thank goodness, that would be incredibly creepy! :shock: ) so I wonder if that's all that Renesmee knows about their relationship right now, that he's a good buddy to her.
But I could see an Emma story with Nessie and Jacob. Nessie could be independent as Emma was, but discover her own growing love for Jacob, as Emma did for Mr. Knightly, who was considerably older than her and watched her grow up into the woman she became.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
despoina92
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by despoina92 »

That is exactly what I mean, debussygirl. It is preety obvious that Jacob's not Renesmee's lover in BD! My real "fear" is that when she steps into adulthood, adolescence or maturity (I can't know when the real imprinting impact will show up) she will automatically fall for Jacob and won't be able to see othar things in her life, even love someone else than Jacob, too. It would be perfect if she eventually realized her real feelings for him sometime, but not be totally commited to him for eternity, despite their magical bond.
suzzeeQ
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by suzzeeQ »

Does anyone else not like her that much? It's not anything she did, it's just that she is so perfect. There is nothing wrong with her. She's too perfect. Part of being an interesting and well rounded character is having noticable flaws. Renesmee doesn't have any. She beautiful, extremely smart, grows super fast so she'll miss all the normal trials of of childhood and adolecsnce, has super special powers, has a photographic memory, is super graceful, I could go on and on.

My question is what would you pick for Renesmee's flaws? Right now she doesn't have any. But when she gets older (and if Stephenie writes a book from her perspective) I'm sure one or two or ten will pop up.

I would pick the inability to relate to humans for one. Even though she is half human she has grown up around supernatural being her entire life. She'll be used to being spoiled and treated special. I'm assuming she'll one day go to a regular high school like the Cullens did. I would like to see her struggle with that. It would be interesting.
Last edited by suzzeeQ on Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

I don't like her at all.

Renesmee could turn out to be awful pretty easily. I find her to be boring. There's nothing there. Honestly, I think a lot of people just like her because she's supposed to be cute, she's supposed to be the best thing that ever happened. ever. Except we really see nothing of her personality or character or anything.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
TNO
Wandering Through Town

Post by TNO »

suzzeeQ wrote:Does anyone else not like her that much? It's not anything she did, it's just that she is so perfect. There is nothing wrong with her. She's too perfect. Part of being an interesting and well rounded character is having noticable flaws. Renesmee doesn't have any. She beautiful, extremely smart, grows super fast so she'll miss all the normal trials of of childhood and adolecsnce, has super special powers, has a photographic memory, is super graceful, I could go on and on.
Ooh! me! I hate her! She makes no sense! There isn't a logical reason for her to grow super fast, for example; if anything it should be super slow, since humans age normally and vamps don't age at all... Ditto for body heat, it should be lower than normal human temperature because vamps are basically blocks of mobile ice. Jacob's imprinting also makes no sense, since imprinting exists for purposes of reproduction and Renesmee, like mules, should be infertile.
My question is what would you pick for Renesmee's flaws? Right now she doesn't have. But when she gets older (and if Stephenie writes a book from her perspective) I'm sure one or two or ten will pop up.
Well, I'd probably make her human side repulsed by her vampire side, and by vampires in general, so she hates herself, her parents, her entire family really except Charlie. Similarly, her vampire side is disgusted by the way her "big brother" Jacob smells. She can't stand to be around any of them- and she can't stand to be alone, because her human side is at war with her vampire side. She tries to make human friends but they're terrified of her because she ages so quickly, and she doesn't have a firm grasp of how to have a normal conversation (she's a genius after all). So she starts to go insane because she doesn't have any friends and she hates herself. This leads naturally into vampire slaying, and she goes after the Volturi, eventually joining up with Nahuel (the other Dhampir, that's his name, right?) and his sisters to form a group of slayers. And then she could come back to Forks to find that Charlie has been vamped, which sends her completely over the edge (he was the only person she felt truly close to because he was human, remember?) and her vampire side takes control and nearly everyone dies.
That's just me though... I like to massacre my characters, heh...
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

So it's interesting reading all of these POVs because my fanfic(in sig) that I'm in the middle of takes place 4 years after BD. Nessie is almost 4 at the beginning but looks like she's around 10 years old (I figure she probably ages between 2 and 3 years per normal year). It was difficult to write for her. Her dialogue had to be intellectually mature but she also needed childlike actions and emotions. I really showed what *I* thought the Bella/Edward/Nessie dynamics would be in the chapter called "Confrontations" in which I made myself crack up laughing :lol:

My next fanfic is definitely going to jump to when she's about 8 or 9 years old (so fully grown). That is going to be extremely difficult to write because she is still only a "kid" in the aspect of life experience, regardless of how old she looks or how smart she is. Will she even be emotionally ready for Jacob in 8 or 9 years or will he actually be waiting until she is closer to her birth age?

Also, does anyone have an idea of what she's going to look like full grown? I've been searching but I cannot find the perfect Renesmee.
TNO
Wandering Through Town

Post by TNO »

^Think maybe Robert Pattison in a wig?
No. I'm joking. I promise.
Eh... I'd imagine her somewhat tall, pale (obviously), very large (creepily so) brown eyes, delicate features with an upturned nose, maybe some very light freckles along her nose... Long, agile fingers (like an elf, I s'pose).
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

suzzeeQ wrote:

My question is what would you pick for Renesmee's flaws? Right now she doesn't have. But when she gets older (and if Stephenie writes a book from her perspective) I'm sure one or two or ten will pop up.
To me, she already does have a flaw. She sorta seems vain to me. She's adored and cute and so obviously it's going to her head.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

TNO wrote:Ooh! me! I hate her! She makes no sense! There isn't a logical reason for her to grow super fast, for example; if anything it should be super slow, since humans age normally and vamps don't age at all... Ditto for body heat, it should be lower than normal human temperature because vamps are basically blocks of mobile ice. Jacob's imprinting also makes no sense, since imprinting exists for purposes of reproduction and Renesmee, like mules, should be infertile.
i am definatly no nessie expert but maybe she grows fast bc vampire vemon heals things so in a sense its healing her into adulthood. making bones grow and harden, brain grow ect. basically all the things that would be accomplished b4 she was an adult the venom jsut makes it happen faster. also I dont remember her being warm but i dont have my books.. is she warm? or just warm compared to bella and the vamps?
suzzeeQ wrote:My question is what would you pick for Renesmee's flaws? Right now she doesn't have. But when she gets older (and if Stephenie writes a book from her perspective) I'm sure one or two or ten will pop up.
i agree that she is kind of vain.. i dont know if thats exactly the word I'm looking for but its close. I could also see her rebelling against jacob and her family bc both of her parents have that in them lol. i could also see her coming close to exposing them too many times bc she is so open and loving of everyone