Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Renesmee #2

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

Nessie really annoyed me at first, partly because Bella was damn annoying during her pregnancy, if I was Edward I think I would want to kill her (quite literally) because being that utterly selfish (some would say selfless but I beg to differ) is completely unnecessary and over the top, but then she was born and I quite liked her. I'm not sure when or why, but she seemed quite necessary and cute, plus she made Jacob stop moaning about Bella, and made him seem like quite a nice character (after hating him for three books it was amazing that I liked him). Now my only concern with Nessie is her name . . . it is SO stupid. Carlie would have been better because at least thats a name, or Elizabeth after Edward's mother. Just not Renesmee, which ... oh it's worse than Gwyneth and Chris' Apple!
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

akire wrote:I thought Jake might need forgiveness for having a very strong desire to kill her before she was born, and immediately after she was born. Or at the very least to provide an explanation like "Hey, here's where I was coming from."

Lunna-san also mentioned that it would be weird to think about being with someone who also made out with your mother.
Sure, she deserves an explanation. But she has not been wronged in any way. In fact, I can see her becoming quite spoiled.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

Holding out for Jacob-

She hasn't been wronged physically in any way. But, wouldn't it bother most girls emotionally if they knew their boyfriend had once wanted to kill them? Even though there were extenuating circumstances (to say the least) and Jacob did not know Nessie when he wanted to kill her, knowing that would bother a lot of people and I think it might bother Nessie. However, most people have said and I agree that she is very intelligent and would understand the extenuating circumstances and get over it. It's not necessarily unfair to Jacob; it's just the way a lot of people would feel. It's not even that he did anything wrong. He thought killing Nessie would save Bella's life--that's not necessarily bad. It just is. He once wanted to kill Nessie and now he is very close to Nessie. If Nessie can remember hearing Jacob saying mean things about her, calling her "the fetus," wanting to kill her, it stands to reason that it would hurt her feelings a little bit.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Agreed. I never denied that. In fact I agreed with it several times. But since there was no wrongdoing, she is owed an explanation, not an apology, and Jacob should be asking for understanding, not forgiveness.

It was just that the current tone of conversation clearly implied that the general consensus was that Jacob had done something wrong in some way.

FindYourTrueCalling

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

I dont know about you guys, but I love the relationship between Jacob and Renesmee. Im glad that Jacob was able to still be a part of Bellas life. I would love there to be a '10 years later' book or film to capture how they all are together, it would be fascinating to see!
Emma.
xoxo
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
Renesmee101
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: on a stage infront of a sold out Madison Square Garden, mic in hand, singing my heart out.

Post by Renesmee101 »

I would like Renesmee alot better if she wasn't so blatantly being used as a plot device. I like the idea of Renesmee, and I think she's cute as all get out, and I'm glad that Jake gets his very well deserved happily-ever-after, but I'm having trouble accepting her as more than a plot device at the moment. :(
Team Turtle: Thats how we roll
Skank Pack: Taylor's "V"
Dork Squad
Check out Team Taycob!! http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

dazzlingdynamite & by Renesmee101, wow why is there so much hate for the cutest baby in the world? I love Renesmee & don't see her as a plot device at all. On SM's website she talks about her on the Breaking Dawn FAQ page and how she always knew, clear back when she was writing Twilight, that she was going to have Bella & Edward get married & then have a surprise bundle of joy. Of course Renesmee is a weird name but like what SM says what do you name the most unique baby in the world? It's a different, unique name for a unique never before seen baby!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
FindYourTrueCalling

^^
TRUE TRUE :)
I DO LOVE RENESMEE TOO ! ALTHOUGH I DO KIND OF SEE HER AS A PLOT DEVICE IN A WAY, ITS A GOOD ONE AND IM HAPPY SM USED IT.
XOXO
ImageImage
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Was there any particular reason for the caps?? :lol: JW.

I think Nessie is a total plot device. Just because she was a plot device that had been in the works for a while doesn't mean she wasn't a plot device.

I don't have a problem with her, I just don't feel anything towards her. I think she seems very shallow in a world of fascinatingly deep characters. It's one of my main problems with BD - soooo many new people get introduced, but they don't share the same gift SM has of giving us characters we feel we know.

FindYourTrueCalling

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Was there any particular reason for the caps?? :lol: JW.

I think Nessie is a total plot device. Just because she was a plot device that had been in the works for a while doesn't mean she wasn't a plot device.

I don't have a problem with her, I just don't feel anything towards her. I think she seems very shallow in a world of fascinatingly deep characters. It's one of my main problems with BD - soooo many new people get introduced, but they don't share the same gift SM has of giving us characters we feel we know.

Lol, Sorry I tend to write in Caps sometimes! :) Its a msn habit aswell ! I get shouted at quite alot.. :P

I can see Renesemee growing up to be very spoilt.
xoxo
ImageImage