Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Renesmee #2

Post by Amanda Beth »

I do think SM will be putting the Twilight Saga to rest. BD ended as close to a happily ever after as possible (although I wasn't satisfied which is why i wrote my fanfics---*plug* everyone should read them lol) and writing anymore books would open it all up again... and people would want more movies and you would be hard pressed to get the cast back together in a few years (esp since they would have all aged).

I hope after BD comes out SM finishes and publishes Midnight Sun and that's that.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I too hope that she puts out Midnight Sun.. It is very unfortunate that some jerk betrayed her trust and posted it online for all to see when it was not yet finished (although I admit, bowing my head in shame, that I am just as much of a jerk because I read it even though I knew it was contrary to her wishes... sorry), and I really want to see how it ends (I mean, I know how it ends, but I want Edward's perspective on it).
I think the Breaking Dawn Movie will, despite the likelihood that it will not fully follow the plot, be quite awesome, as the special effects they will have to employ therein will likely be phenomenal!
That's all I've got for now.
laters
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
paula_bnsnt
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Sparkling on sunshine, oooh oooh, and don't it feel good!

Post by paula_bnsnt »

I believe Nessie is able to have children, but taking this in consideration:
suzzeeQ wrote:If Nessie can reproduce she'll only be able to for a short amount of time. At about 50-60 years old she'll run out of eggs. Women are born with their lifetime supply. We don't make more.
Now the fact that she'll probably have them with Jacob is the real issue, mainly because I have no idea what kind of baby will turn out. I think it will be human. Quileute's are humans until they shape-shift for the first time, even if their parents were shape-shifters when they were conceived (see the Quileute stories from Eclipse). So even if Jacob is a shape-shifter, the baby will be 100% human on his side (with the potenciality of shape-shifting). On Renesmee's side? Well, three quarters human, one quarter vampire... I say human prevails. Maybe a very beautiful, intelligent human, with enhanced senses and strength that will have a perfectly normal life.
But maybe their children are a separate character =P

Back to Renesmee, I have a new question... maybe it's been discussed already. What would happen to Renesmee if a vampire bit her?
Do you think that as a vampire, she's immune to the venom? or as a human she's not? Or can you figure out a third option for the fact that she's a combination of both? Maybe the fact that Carlisle mentioned her genes where similar to the shape-shifters' has some influence on this?

We know vampire's teeth can cut through her skin, so in the impossible case a vampire managed to get past the entire Cullen clan and two wolf packs and bite her.. what would happen?
Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light

Team Volturi - Beatrix
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

I was thinking about that the other day, and I honestly can't figure it out.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Heart_in_Hand

Post by Heart_in_Hand »

I think that if a hostile vampire got anywhere near Nessie (unlikely) then before they could attack her she would stop them with her gift. Everyone is enraptured by her the minute she touches them. I can't imagine anyone wanting to bite her after that.

Besides the fact that Nessie would not smell like food to a vampire. Bella describes that in BD, how Nessie smells good, but not really like food to her. I would imagine it would be like if you met someone who was wearing perfume that smelled like your favorite food or something. You wouldn't want to eat them, but they would smell yummy... ya know?

So I guess my answer is that it doesn't really matter what would happen to her if she got bit by a vampire. She would never be bitten! :)
"Don't be afraid. We belong together."

..."Forever."
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Hahaha well that's a true, for sure!! It's very unlikely that she will be bitten. But I can definitely think of one scenario in which someone would think to bite or destroy her... another run-in with the Volturi.

I don't think that her gift necessarily makes people enraptured by her, I think they love her personality. So people like the Volturi would not necessarily love her based upon seeing her thoughts, lovely as they are. If they thought it would kill her, and they thought the Cullens were getting too powerful (seems likely) they might try it.

Heart_in_Hand

Post by Heart_in_Hand »

Good point! :D

Yeah, the Volturi would try to kill her any way they could. But if they got close enough to bite her it still would not matter if the venom from the bite would kill her. They would not stop at one bite. They would rip her up and burn her before the venom could do anything to her; assuming the venom would do anything to her.
"Don't be afraid. We belong together."

..."Forever."
paula_bnsnt

Post by paula_bnsnt »

Okay thank you 4 your answers! Pretty interesting POVs... I had forgotten the fact that she dazzles everyone =P
What I had come up with was that if she was bitten, she'd have a reaction but the kind of reaction everyone has to a virus or an infection... crazy fever for a few days and then it's gone. Because she's stronger than a human but no as strong as a vampire. I didn't think it would turn her into a vampire... she'd be as she was before.

I also gave some more thought to the subject of Renesmee's chances on having children. I think I found a pretty good argument in favor of "she can". We should think about it from a different and simpler angle: who Renesmee comes from: Stephenie Meyer.
If there's a statement SM made throughout the series (other than Pay more attention to your dreams: they could make you a millionaire..) in that "everything is possible". It is possible for vampires to rebel against the monster in them and regain their humanity. It was possible for a vampire not only to resist his "cantante"'s song, but also to be near it, touch it, kiss it, marry it and have a child with it. When it seemed impossible to make it in that last final stand, there SM surprised us with "Super Shield Bella" and "Super Last-minute-revelation Alice".
So I guess we can say that we know enough about SM and how she writes by now. We know how she relates to her characters. We know she gives them happy endings, and she doesn't stop at just happy, she gives them the happiest (and if she doesn't she's restless and wants to write more about them, like with Leah). So considering the fact she loves Renesmee,
and she's one of her most precious characters, who she planned from the start and waited for her to come to life for years... how can we even doubt she wouldn't give her the happiest ending? SM has found a way around pretty much every obstacle that stood in the way of the characters in the world she created. So even if it not explained explicitely, even if maybe it is & we don't see it, even if she kept it to herself, there's just no way she would pair up Jacob & Nessie and not make it possible for them to have children.

The question about How that might take place is still pending, but we can't doubt they can anymore.

So what do you think? I'm sure I missed the most obvious thing and everything I just said is pointless! =P I do that a lot, like everytime I fight with my sister it goes like "Hey u stole my jeans!! I can't find them!!" "Look down, you're wearing them. :roll: "
Hit me like a ray of sun

Team Volturi - Beatrix
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

^^^ I've been wanting to post that in favor of "she can" for so long but I wasn't sure people would take it seriously, because it can get so dang scientific up in here!! But seeing it all put out so logically, there's no denying it. Thank you!!
Heart_in_Hand wrote:Good point! :D

Yeah, the Volturi would try to kill her any way they could. But if they got close enough to bite her it still would not matter if the venom from the bite would kill her. They would not stop at one bite. They would rip her up and burn her before the venom could do anything to her; assuming the venom would do anything to her.
True, very true!

But that's assuming they're in a hurry. As long as we're in fantasy-land where they've somehow gotten through not only the abilities of the Cullens, but the abilities of all their fellow vampires, and BOTH packs, and somehow Nessie hasn't escaped with Jacob or someone and they have gotten ahold of her AND have time, remember the curious nature of Aro.

I think he would be curious. I think he would try to figure out as much as he possibly could about her before killing her. Don't you?

paula_bnsnt

Post by paula_bnsnt »

holdingoutforjacob wrote: ^^^ I've been wanting to post that in favor of "she can" for so long but I wasn't sure people would take it seriously, because it can get so dang scientific up in here!! But seeing it all put out so logically, there's no denying it. Thank you!!
I hate scientific! =) Besides... Scientific reaches a limit when you start talking about Vampires and Shapeshifters.
holdingoutforjacob wrote:I think he would be curious. I think he would try to figure out as much as he possibly could about her before killing her. Don't you?
Aro wouldn't kill her. Just like he wouldn't kill Edward, or Alice, or Bella. He prefers to let them live and study them from a distance rather than finish them and always wonder what they might have been. I always imagined him like Thomas Crown -> he gets what he wants or goes everyday to the Met to stare at it for hours. Aro is way too curious about half-breeds. I bet he's been in Brazil since he left Forks!!
I think I haven't said it yet but I'm writing a fic where Nessie's bitten... haven't published it yet 'cause I wanna have an ending first =P but I found a way to get her bitten... it's really easy. I guess you'll have 2 wait & see...!!
Hit me like a ray of sun

Team Volturi - Beatrix