Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
suzyq248
Learning to Love Green

Re: Renesmee #2

Post by suzyq248 »

I know it has been discussed before but I am still a little perplexed about Renesmee and Jacob's kids. I agree with what I have heard before that they would be a combination of shapeshifter, vampire, and human but if they become werewolves and the one enemy of werewolves is vampires....well, that gets really confusing. I mean if they have vampire in them what would smell bad to them both neither, themselves? And how would they determine a good vs bad vampire. I mean technically Jake's pack thinks all vampires are bad, its just the treaty that protects the Cullens. And on top of that, the Cullens have friends that are non-vegetarians. How would the little ones react to those vampires? Could they really hunt them if they could be friends with the Cullens?
"Fall down again, Bella?"
"No, Emmett. I punched a werewolf in the face."
CelsHarlequinn
Settled in Forks

Post by CelsHarlequinn »

I think Renseme's like a mule, in the way she can't have babies of her own. It seems weird, but how would a 1/3 wolf 1/3 human & 1/3 vampire baby be around with all those chromozones to take on?
I'm wondering, why is renesme only part vampire? Shouldn't she be a whole one due to the fact than venom transforms all humans to vampires? Just saying.
Heart_in_Hand
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Heart_in_Hand »

CelsHarlequinn wrote:I think Renseme's like a mule, in the way she can't have babies of her own. It seems weird, but how would a 1/3 wolf 1/3 human & 1/3 vampire baby be around with all those chromozones to take on?
I'm wondering, why is renesme only part vampire? Shouldn't she be a whole one due to the fact than venom transforms all humans to vampires? Just saying.

Jacob and Renesmee's baby would be more than just 1/3 human, since both Jake and Nessie are 1/2 human. I think it would be something like this I think:
1/2 human
1/4 wolf-shifter
1/4 vampire

Nessie is half human because her mom is human and half vampire because her dad is a vamp. Renesmee was never bitten by a vampire, so she would not have the venom in her system... the book even says that she is not venomous. She only has characteristics of both human's and vampires... not fully one or the other.
"Don't be afraid. We belong together."

..."Forever."
suzyq248
Learning to Love Green

Post by suzyq248 »

Why do you think Edward wasn't able to know the sex of the baby when he first started hearing her voice when she was still in Bella?
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Heart_in_Hand wrote:
CelsHarlequinn wrote:I think Renseme's like a mule, in the way she can't have babies of her own. It seems weird, but how would a 1/3 wolf 1/3 human & 1/3 vampire baby be around with all those chromozones to take on?

Jacob and Renesmee's baby would be more than just 1/3 human, since both Jake and Nessie are 1/2 human. I think it would be something like this I think:
1/2 human
1/4 wolf-shifter
1/4 vampire

Nessie is half human because her mom is human and half vampire because her dad is a vamp. Renesmee was never bitten by a vampire, so she would not have the venom in her system... the book even says that she is not venomous. She only has characteristics of both human's and vampires... not fully one or the other.
Heart_In_Hand you are correct. Since Renesmee and Jake are both half human the baby will definitely will be 1/2 human. Renesmee's 1/2 vampire part will be a 1/4 in the baby.And Jake's werewolf genes will only be passed onto a boy. Or it can be a rare case, like Leah,and have a girl be a werewolf. I think they can concieve. Nessie is partially human, and so is Jake.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

suzyq248 wrote:Why do you think Edward wasn't able to know the sex of the baby when he first started hearing her voice when she was still in Bella?

Because probably in the womb there is no distinctive female/male tenor to the thoughts. That's my guess.
Last edited by navarre on Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

suzyq248 wrote:Why do you think Edward wasn't able to know the sex of the baby when he first started hearing her voice when she was still in Bella?
The only way he would be able to know the sex of the baby would be if she had a concept of what that was in the first place. The only way he would be able to see it would be if she were to form a picture in her thoughts of what she saw looking down at her genitals. But, given that it is dark and she has only neonate eyes (even if they are vampire neonate eyes), it would be astoundingly hard to see, I bet. Plus, there would be no other thoughts to hint at it as gender is much more a societal construct as opposed to an innate idea.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
suzyq248
Learning to Love Green

Post by suzyq248 »

If Renesmee had not been born, do you think Bella and Jacob would have remained friends. And do you think Jacob would still have wanted to attack the Cullens for turning her?
***MrsCullen***
Settled in Forks

Post by ***MrsCullen*** »

gender is a social construct. a baby has no preconceived knowledge about gender or sex until it learns these things in the social world.
i2foundu
Wandering Through Town

Post by i2foundu »

I found this topic brougt up once during the Renesmee forum but the question was never answered. Renesmee sleeps now whie she is growing at such a high rate, but what will her sleeping habits be after she is fully grown.

On a seperate note. If Nessie's growth rate decreases when she gets closer to full maturity. I was thinking about the Cullens going to school. Nessie starting as a freshman, before reaching full maturity around looking 15. While Bella, Edward, Alice and Jasper are Sophmores and Emmett and Rosalie are Juniors. The idea of them in high school together is somewhat funny to me. I wonder if they ever thought of splitting up school districts or if they will now that there will be seven Cullens and maybe even Jacob going to school together...

Edit: Also with Nessie's photgraphic memory I can't see her having a hard time even if she is only 6 years old.