Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Renesmee #2

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Well, first lemme defend Jacob, as is my right and my wont. Like he's really going to be considerate of the thing that's killing his best friend and former love. He'd have to be a saint.

I think they all will need to explain to her. Or maybe not. They've clearly shown that they love her to bits now. I think her heightened levels of intelligence allow her to be able to comprehend the many contexts of how all that went down.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Well, first lemme defend Jacob, as is my right and my wont. Like he's really going to be considerate of the thing that's killing his best friend and former love. He'd have to be a saint.

I think they all will need to explain to her. Or maybe not. They've clearly shown that they love her to bits now. I think her heightened levels of intelligence allow her to be able to comprehend the many contexts of how all that went down.
Hi HofJ! I feel like I haven't talked to you in a while! I can't blame Jacob for being inconsiderate to/about Nessie... I was just thinking about it from her perspective. If/When they end up together, how would she feel that, moments before he imprinted on her, Jake was ready and willing to kill her. Not exactly sunshine & butterflies, if you ask me.

Maybe you are right about her intelligence allowing her to comprehend many different contexts... but she is still (part) human and may have some self-doubt.

Image Image Image
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Hello!!!! :D :D

She may have some self-doubt, but only in moments of EXTREME insecurity. Plus, babies can HEAR in the womb, but how much do they remember?? She's naturally inquisitive, if she remembered or it bothered her, she'd pick up on it and ask.

akire

Post by akire »

I think Renesemee would probably remember more than your typical baby... it's interesting to think about Jacob trying to talk himself out of that one, though. :)

Image Image Image
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

One word. A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.
ImageImageImage
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

akire wrote:I think Renesemee would probably remember more than your typical baby... it's interesting to think about Jacob trying to talk himself out of that one, though. :)
I think, like her father and mother before her, Ness is no pushover when it comes to excuses. She will want the truth about everything. And, Jacob will have to give it to her in every gory little detail. So, I think he'll be talking himself out of a lot. But, of course, Ness being the hyperintelligent and loving girl she will become, will accept it all and love him even more for his own craziness. Ahhh love!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
akire

Post by akire »

Jazz Girl wrote: I think, like her father and mother before her, Ness is no pushover when it comes to excuses. She will want the truth about everything. And, Jacob will have to give it to her in every gory little detail. So, I think he'll be talking himself out of a lot. But, of course, Ness being the hyperintelligent and loving girl she will become, will accept it all and love him even more for his own craziness. Ahhh love!
Plus, I'm fairly sure she'll have inherited the forgive-Jacob-for-just-about-anything trait from her mother. Especially considering I sometimes think I got that trait from her mother.

Image Image Image
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

akire wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote: I think, like her father and mother before her, Ness is no pushover when it comes to excuses. She will want the truth about everything. And, Jacob will have to give it to her in every gory little detail. So, I think he'll be talking himself out of a lot. But, of course, Ness being the hyperintelligent and loving girl she will become, will accept it all and love him even more for his own craziness. Ahhh love!
Plus, I'm fairly sure she'll have inherited the forgive-Jacob-for-just-about-anything trait from her mother. Especially considering I sometimes think I got that trait from her mother.
True. But I think Nessie would understand that her mother's story with Jacob is past. And would be silly to be digging on this kind of thing. The fact that Jacob was against her family and her father one day means that he thinks this way now. Jacob was part of the Cullen family, against his nature and everything his tribes beliefs. He was there for her since she was born and he'll be forever. This doesn't change a thing between them.

I don't think a girl like Renesmee - and I trust her to be pragmatic like Edward - would turn her back to Jacob just because of this. It doesn't prove anything. Besides, she lives in a vampire coven, where people lives for a long time. If she starts judging everyone for their past... it's going to be complicated.

However, let's agree that it's going to be a bit complicated to date a guy who made out with her mother. I know it doesn't matter and everything... but it's kind of weird. :?
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

All this jacob-talking-his-way-out-of-it talk makes me think you girls think Jacob needs some sort of forgiveness from Nessie.... which is kinda silly, IMO.

For Nessie to hold Jacob to blame for his relationship with her mother, before Nessie was even born, is beyond irrational, mean, and spiteful. While both Bella and Edward have their faults, even they would not stand for that.

Nessie doesn't need to have inherited the forgive Jacob for just about anything trait. He isn't asking for forgiveness, and he has nothing to ask for it about. Also, it's not like Jacob was running around doing terrible things to Bella and she just kept forgiving him, she did her fair share of questionable things. Maybe we should be considering how lucky Nessie is for his ability to put up with Swan b.s.

Sorry if this was harsh, I don't mean to offend anyone by it, I just don't really understand where you guys are coming from at all. Maybe I'm totally misunderstanding - I WAS just in the car for 8 hours....

akire

Post by akire »

I thought Jake might need forgiveness for having a very strong desire to kill her before she was born, and immediately after she was born. Or at the very least to provide an explanation like "Hey, here's where I was coming from."

Lunna-san also mentioned that it would be weird to think about being with someone who also made out with your mother.

Image Image Image