Re: Gianna

Post by Twilightlover101 »

i couldn't stop laughing when i read that she didn't make the cut
cruel i know
FutureCullen108
Settled in Forks

Post by FutureCullen108 »

This might be an extremely morbid post but I could totally see myself pulling a Gianna. If given even the slightest hope to become a vampire, I would take it :D , even if it meant the possibility of being "rejected". In my mind there are worse ways to go than death by vampire, so I can understand Gianna.

Wow that did sound extremely morbid.
Bobbinsx
Settled in Forks

Post by Bobbinsx »

Ah, I'm always quick to jump to defend Gianna anywhere to be honest and now will be no different :D
Well, a lot of people say she would be cold and heartless for watching so many people stroll past to their death. And think that she is perfectly happy with that as she hopes to move up the foodchain. I simply think that she does not have a choice. She is trapped betweent the two worlds as such. If you're the human among the all powerful Volturi, you're not going to voice your opinions, are you? Not if you want to keep your head. Also, as she has seen the harsh side of the vampire life, I, personally, can't imagine her desiring the change for any other reason other than survival.

I cried when I found out she 'didn't make the cut'
yeah, I know...How sad am I?! :lol:
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

"Does she know they're going to kill her someday?"
"She knows it's a possibility," he said.
That surprised me.
Edward's face was hard to read. "She's hoping they'll decide to keep her."
I felt the blood leave my face. "She wants to be one of them?"
He nodded once, his eyes sharp on my face, watching my reaction.
I shuddered. "How can she want that?" I whispered, more to myself than really looking for an answer. "How can she watch those people file through to that hideous room and want to be part of that?
Wow, Bella's up on her high horse there. She's being very hypocritical. Is her wanting to be a vampire any different than Gianna's? No.

I know Bella's going to be a 'good' vampire, but who's to say Gianna won't convert to vegetarianism? (How is it 'vegetarian' anyways? The whole point of being a vegetarian is not to harm animals)

I agree here:
Bobbinsx wrote:I simply think that she does not have a choice. She is trapped between the two worlds as such. If you're the human among the all powerful Volturi, you're not going to voice your opinions, are you? Not if you want to keep your head. Also, as she has seen the harsh side of the vampire life, I, personally, can't imagine her desiring the change for any other reason other than survival.

I cried when I found out she 'didn't make the cut'
yeah, I know...How sad am I?! :lol:
Do we even know that she *chose* to work there? She might have been a possible meal who was smart enough to talk her way into a secretary job in hopes that one day she might survive. She certainly can't run off, but... really?!

I can't believe people were happy that she was killed off. What if Bella had been killed off? I would've laughed then. At least she had a choice. Gianna doesn't.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

Use of the word vegetarian was tongue in cheek. It wasn't meant to be taken literally.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

moon sidhe wrote:Use of the word vegetarian was tongue in cheek. It wasn't meant to be taken literally.
Sarcasm is lost on me. :)

However, it has become the official term for it— especially in fanfiction.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

Amivera wrote: Sarcasm is lost on me. :)

However, it has become the official term for it— especially in fanfiction.

Hmm, I guess it's morphed into an official term. But I think the first time it was used Edward or whoever said that they jokingly refer to themselves as vegetarians. I forget the wording and don't have the book with me, but it was something like that. I suppose if we want to get extra technical they would be bestiacruorarians. Or something like that. I completely pulled that word out of my backside in case you couldn't tell. :)
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

moon sidhe wrote: Hmm, I guess it's morphed into an official term. But I think the first time it was used Edward or whoever said that they jokingly refer to themselves as vegetarians. I forget the wording and don't have the book with me, but it was something like that.
Aah, I just tried to look for it, but I'm lazy.
I suppose if we want to get extra technical they would be bestiacruorarians. Or something like that. I completely pulled that word out of my backside in case you couldn't tell. :)
:lol: You have a way with words.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

I'm pretty sure Gianna must have eye problems or something. Does she not see the danger she puts herself in hanging around with those vamps all day?

Well, Bella does that before she was vamped so I can't say I can really judge Gianna's decision to become a friggin secretary for the Volturi since I really don't know her life story.

I can just imagine it now when she answers her phone. "Hi, this is the Volturi Hotline. For appointment information, press 1, for tourists schedules, press 2, for blood donors, press 3--whoops, I did not just say that."

-Janine
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

You bring up a very good point Bobbinsx. I've often wondered about how she was introduced to the Volturi. I can't really form a strong opinion of her without knowing that. If she was a tourist who was plucked from the group and given no alternative, then I see her as a very strong woman who is working hard to survive. However if she approached the Volturi, then my opinion definitely changes. I just need to know more.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/