Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gianna

Post by LeechesRule95 »

Ummmm....
I honestly think that Gianna is stupid....
I share Bella's thoughts on this topic like how could she look at all those people come in and still want to take part in such a disgusting vampire coven.....
Seriously ewwwww GIANNA!!! :? I mean who cares if they are almost Vampire Royalty...
and I mean shes a human so she should be OUTRAGED at what the volturi does.... :(
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Maybe you should look at it from Gianna's POV. Or maybe you should look at the fact that Bella is being a complete hypocrite in this case. Or you can just keep hating Gianna.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Amivera wrote:Maybe you should look at it from Gianna's POV. Or maybe you should look at the fact that Bella is being a complete hypocrite in this case. Or you can just keep hating Gianna.
exactly.
man, i think Gianna is a very interesting character. i want to know more about her. she wants to be with the voltri AKA a kicka** vampire coven. i'd want to too. nahh, i wouldn't. i guess if i want to rebel a bit, i would. haha
It's too sad to see her die - actaully no, since she put herself in that position. but it's sad too i guess in the end. hm..she's very intruiging. i want to know more about her.
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Yeah. It's that question that came up for me when I was reading Scott Westerfeld's "Uglies" trilogy.

Whereas Twilight automatically throws out: Yes, being beautiful, powerful, and immortal is the best choice, Westerfeld's book really delves into it. For an entire book, it's a journey of discovering exactly what is best:

Being ugly, but being yourself? Or being pretty and immune to diseases, always happy, etc, but not being who *you* really are?

I think that applies to Gianna. It doesn't make you wrong for choosing one or the other. The majority of the vampires (Peter and Charlotte, for example, even Jasper at one point) are human-killers. That's their natural lifestyle. You don't tell a lion to stop killing gazelle. You don't tell a vampire not to eat human.

It's a lifestyle choice and it doesn't make Peter, Charlotte, nor Jasper bad to have gone with their natural instinct.
I also don't think it makes Gianna bad for wanting to be one of them. She might have had no choice for all we know.

Oh, wow. This ended up really long. I'm bored, if you can't tell. :P
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Bobbinsx
Settled in Forks

Post by Bobbinsx »

I'm probably going to sound like a bit of a parrot here because I'm only going to be repeating what I said before in different words. But, I honestly can't see the problem in Gianna wanting to be a part of the Volturi. It is a choice between that or death. As much as we all might like to think that we would be brave enough to die rather than choose a lifestyle which harms others, how many of would actually be courageous enough to do it?
Very few I think.
Also, someone above said 'that as a human she should be outraged.'' Of course she would be, or else terribly distrubed by it all. More than likely both. As a human among the Volturi though, would she be in a position to say that it bothered her? No.
Then again, we just don't know...but from what we've seen of the Volturi, hint, Caius, it is unlikely.
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

Bobbinsx wrote:
I'm probably going to sound like a bit of a parrot here because I'm only going to be repeating what I said before in different words. But, I honestly can't see the problem in Gianna wanting to be a part of the Volturi. It is a choice between that or death. As much as we all might like to think that we would be brave enough to die rather than choose a lifestyle which harms others, how many of would actually be courageous enough to do it?
Very few I think.
Also, someone above said 'that as a human she should be outraged.'' Of course she would be, or else terribly distrubed by it all. More than likely both. As a human among the Volturi though, would she be in a position to say that it bothered her? No.
Then again, we just don't know...but from what we've seen of the Volturi, hint, Caius, it is unlikely.
i agree. that's why she tries so hard to be competent, like Bella said, so she won't die. alot of people disagree with Gianna's choices, and of course you're all entitled to your opinions, but i think we should ponder what WE would do if we were in her shoes. maybe some of us WOULD be brave enough to die, but we'll never be able to test it, since none of us would ever have to deal with those circumstances.

on a different note, WHAT is with the Felix-winking-at-her thing? i think that guy has OWD [obsessive winking disorder]. sorry, it's just a little creepy when you wink at every girl you see. :shock:
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Haha, on the last comment about Felix. :lol:

I liked that it showed vampires were just like humans. When you see Edward, he's made out to be this perfect man who has *never* fallen in love, *never* thought anything sexual about a woman before, *never* been physically attracted to anyone, *never* had normal male urges— you begin to think of the vampires as having perfectly inhuman minds.

And then you meet Felix, who is a normal male. It's kind of cute. XD

(Sorry, off topic post).
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

Amivera wrote:Haha, on the last comment about Felix. :lol:

I liked that it showed vampires were just like humans. When you see Edward, he's made out to be this perfect man who has *never* fallen in love, *never* thought anything sexual about a woman before, *never* been physically attracted to anyone, *never* had normal male urges— you begin to think of the vampires as having perfectly inhuman minds.

And then you meet Felix, who is a normal male. It's kind of cute. XD

(Sorry, off topic post).
lol. i agree. i was cracking up during the little exchange they had in BD.
anyway, i wonder how Gianna, or any of the other human Voturi servants; got the job in the first place?
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Maybe they were meant to be meals who were clever enough to talk their way out of it?
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Jane V wrote: on a different note, WHAT is with the Felix-winking-at-her thing? i think that guy has OWD [obsessive winking disorder]. sorry, it's just a little creepy when you wink at every girl you see. :shock:
holy crow. that's the FUNNIEST EVER...i am laughing so much right now *bites lips* thats great though, OWD? halarious. i wouldn't mind if he winked at me. i love Felix (hate his name but love him)

yeah, i wonder how Gianna knew about the voltri and how she knew they were vampires and just everything and what Aro thinks of her, etc.