Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Mike Newton

Post by urcoolcarrie »

So...Do you guys think that if Bella never met Edward or Jacob (*shudders* scary thought.), do you think that she and Mike would have ended up together?
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

urcoolcarrie wrote:So...Do you guys think that if Bella never met Edward or Jacob (*shudders* scary thought.), do you think that she and Mike would have ended up together?
I WISH. she deserves a little burden in her life. haha - then i'd get edward all to myself, and jacob can go around the team-jacobers.

hm..i doubt it. she seemed rather annoyed by him and constantly refered to him as a golden retriever :lol:, the first time, he had the puppy dog face, the second time he did something that annoyed her, he gained the tail and so on. i've been reading twilight, so it's all fresh.

mike newton annoys me. he is so...annoying. i've never though it was possible for a guy to reach that level of infautating. honestly, his thoughts about bella, at least what we got in midnight sun and that edward keeps telling us that he is having naughtly thoughts of bella, are just a little disturbing. for me, at least. I guess, you would say that it's normal for someone his age to have these 'thoughts' still though *shudder*
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

urcoolcarrie wrote:So...Do you guys think that if Bella never met Edward or Jacob (*shudders* scary thought.), do you think that she and Mike would have ended up together?
Probably not. She recognizes that he has this "puppy infatuation" with her and that doesn't really constitute a loving, lasting relationship. Plus, she never felt anything but plutonic feelings for him.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
Destani

Post by Destani »

I don't think she would end up with Mike either. From the start, she recognized his infatuation and thought that it could be a problem. I think that if neither Edward or Jacob came into her life, she would have gone off to college and found a guy there. I really don't think any of the human guys in Forks interested her in that way.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
rapidheartbeat<3twi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

I completely agree. She just didn't like Mike. And, she is a shy-non-confrontation enough person that she wouldn't have gone anywhere near Mike once she knew Jessica liked him. She may have gone on a few dates with him, but I don't think Bella would have ended up with Mike.
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

I agree with you all. She liked Mike very much...AS A FRIEND.
I Want to Believe
slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

Destani wrote:I don't think she would end up with Mike either. From the start, she recognized his infatuation and thought that it could be a problem. I think that if neither Edward or Jacob came into her life, she would have gone off to college and found a guy there. I really don't think any of the human guys in Forks interested her in that way.
I concur. Maybe it's because I don't want Bella to end-up with anyone other than Edward, but Mike Newton never had a chance at winning Bella. I'm not saying he isn't a good guy, I'm just saying she would have recognized that she didn't feel about him that way. I think she would consider him only a friend no matter the circumstance. I agree that she would have gone-off to college and found someone there.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
MagnoliasNSunshine
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagnoliasNSunshine »

Honestly, I never really thought much about Mike, until I read Midnight Sun... reading his "thoughts" brought to mind those "your momma always warned you" kind of feelings. In the beginning, I thought of him sort of biding his time for Edward to be out of the way, and that he was a real friend of Bella's. But after MS... I sort of felt like he was an all too typical teenage boy.
PATDPeace
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by PATDPeace »

I personally like Mike.He seems like a really nice guy.If Edward or Jacob never came along,Bella MIGHT have given him a chance.But,maybe Jessica would have gotten in the way somehow,
Imagemade by Dani-Danisaur-PATDforums
Zephyrus
Settled in Forks

Post by Zephyrus »

I think Mike was a great character who never really got a chance to shine... and I think of that, also, as a part of his character. He's just a nice guy who had an innocent crush on Bella. She, of course, loved Edward. There's nothing wrong with that, certainly, but poor Mike...

Even when he's rejected, he's willing to be her friend. He even goes along with it when Bella sets him up with Jessica, even though I don't think he ever loved Jess the way he did Bella.

He's that nice, if not particularly special or talented, guy whom I think a lot of people have met in their real lives.