Click for Forum Rules
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Mike Newton

Post by maddy<3twilight »

RussetRose♥ wrote:
maddy<3twilight wrote:
Moonlit Sunlight wrote:
lauren00 wrote:Miike Newton was an "okay" character. He played a good job trying to please Bella. I like it when he says, "How you likin' the rain, girl?"
That was a pretty good line i didn't like any of his other ones though....
I LAUGHED SO HARD AT THAT LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was like

Mike: How you linkin' da rain girl?
Eric: Ya Mike your cute (Sarcastically)
Yepp. That was Mike's only good line. And it wasn't even one that was in the book.
but he did have that one where it was like
"I don't like Cullen. He just looks at you like your something to eat" :lol:
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

In the first book, Mike didn't bother me. He saw a single girl who he thought was nice and pretty and pursued her. I can't fault him that, its not like he asked her to prom when she and Edward were practically glued at the hip. In the second book, he started getting a bit annoying. Bella obviously wasn't ready for a relationship but I can see where he got mislead, because she still tried to maintain the friendship, he thought that she needed him to be a bit assertive and make the first move. Then the third book came. Bella and Edward were obviously serious, and Jacob was the only other boy Bella ever showed interest for. Yet Mike still tried to go out with her while Edward was out of town for three days, in addition to holding bets over which boy she cared for would come out victorious in a fist fight. That, to me, made him a bit of a bitter slime-ball.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
maddy<3twilight

who_needs_fangs? wrote:In the first book, Mike didn't bother me. He saw a single girl who he thought was nice and pretty and pursued her. I can't fault him that, its not like he asked her to prom when she and Edward were practically glued at the hip. In the second book, he started getting a bit annoying. Bella obviously wasn't ready for a relationship but I can see where he got mislead, because she still tried to maintain the friendship, he thought that she needed him to be a bit assertive and make the first move. Then the third book came. Bella and Edward were obviously serious, and Jacob was the only other boy Bella ever showed interest for. Yet Mike still tried to go out with her while Edward was out of town for three days, in addition to holding bets over which boy she cared for would come out victorious in a fist fight. That, to me, made him a bit of a bitter slime-ball.
haha that is why Mike Newton is my favorite minor minor character...
He is really annoying...
haha :lol:
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

I find Mike unbearably annoying and dorky...

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:In the first book, Mike didn't bother me. He saw a single girl who he thought was nice and pretty and pursued her. I can't fault him that, its not like he asked her to prom when she and Edward were practically glued at the hip. In the second book, he started getting a bit annoying. Bella obviously wasn't ready for a relationship but I can see where he got mislead, because she still tried to maintain the friendship, he thought that she needed him to be a bit assertive and make the first move. Then the third book came. Bella and Edward were obviously serious, and Jacob was the only other boy Bella ever showed interest for. Yet Mike still tried to go out with her while Edward was out of town for three days, in addition to holding bets over which boy she cared for would come out victorious in a fist fight. That, to me, made him a bit of a bitter slime-ball.
I think he's dumb, but not a slime-ball.
I have to give him credit though. He must've really cared about Bella on some level, because I know teenage guys who ARE slime-balls, and they wouldn't have had any interest in Bella during New Moon. I mean none. Once she went nutso, he would've been gone, unless he cared for her on a deeper level than just wanting to date her.

Basically, I'm saying he's a good guy. Annoying and naive, yes. Bad, no.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

gripps wrote:
Auctorita wrote:Why? What did Mike ever do? I always felt so sorry for Mike, Bella treats him like crap and yet he is always willing to be her friend.
Yeah, always thought Mike got kind of the short end of the stick and I was kind of partial to him because he reminds me of a friend of mine. Then, I read the portion of Midnight Sun that has been posted and I stopped feeling sorry for him and decided Edward's feelings were completely justified. Read it if you want to know why.
agreed
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
I think he's dumb, but not a slime-ball.
I have to give him credit though. He must've really cared about Bella on some level, because I know teenage guys who ARE slime-balls, and they wouldn't have had any interest in Bella during New Moon. I mean none. Once she went nutso, he would've been gone, unless he cared for her on a deeper level than just wanting to date her.

Basically, I'm saying he's a good guy. Annoying and naive, yes. Bad, no.
Excuse the use of the word slime-ball, I was only using it because I've met way to many people who hated him from Twilight, when he was justified to feel snubbed. I don't really consider him a slime-ball, because, as you said, a slime-ball would have avoided Bella like the plague when she was in zombie mode. I just lost a good deal of affection for him in Eclipse when he could have been a good loser.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
maddy<3twilight

maddy<3twilight wrote:Ok here is the story with other stuff added...

Maddy<3twilight

“Bella!” Edward yelled toward me. “Grab Mike and I will hold back Jacob!”

I looked over to see Renesmee standing in the middle of Mike Newton and Jacob who were standing about 5 feet apart. Jacob’s face was furious and I knew exactly what was going on the moment I saw this scene. It had happened before with Eric. My Renesmee’s good looks making the boys go crazy over her. The only problem with that was Jacob didn’t like anyone flirting with his Renesmee.

I ran over to save Mike while Edward ran towards Jacob to stop him from ramming into Mike. I scooped up Mike and pulled him out of Jacob’s path of destruction.

“Wow, Bella, you’re good. Want to go out?” Mike said very quickly.

“Mike, first, I’m married and my husband is standing right there. Second, I have a kid. And third, you were just flirting with her.” I replied wishing he didn’t bring up this conversation for the 1000000 time!

“Oh ya, I forgot, you know, I am getting old…” I thought about that. Mike wasn’t getting old. He was still only 22… I think he might have problems.

“I don’t have enough girlfriends though… Where will I find more?” Mike said.

Team Edward Girl
"No Mike, you will die alone with your 23 cats." I said sarcastically. He seemed to take me seriously.
"Really!" He said sounding scared.
"Do I look like Alice!!!" I answered finally irritaded.
"What?!?"
"Nevermind." I put Mike back on the ground and walked away.
"Common, Nessie" I said looking toward her
"Okay." She said, sounding exasperated.
We walked away all of us extemely annoyed.

Ok peoples theres my input. (I'm feeling these emotions right now)

OMMN (Oh my Mike Newton)<
I like it. Especially the cats part...

RussetRose♥

Before we all turned to walk away, Jacob turned around and picked up a rock. Then out of nowhere he chucked it at Mike's head. Mike flew around and asked, "What the hell was that?!"
"It was nothing...!" Jacob yelled.
And in the background Nessie was shouting, "Do it again, Jake! Do it again!"
"Alright!" said Jacob.
And threw another rock at Mike. "Do you know what it was now?!"
Mike stormed off.

When we got home, Alice was waiting for us.
"Did you know that I just saw Mike Newton playing with 23 cats?" she said.
We all stared at eachother and started laughing.
haha I just read it again after awhile and I laughed really hard! :lol: :lol:
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

You'd think that Mike would have got over his crush (if that's what it is) on Bella by her wedding day in BD. Didn't Edward say about him having inappropriate thoughts about a married woman?

I think he is good underneath, he's just naive and sometimes annoying.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

for the most part I found Mike kind of funny, the poor kid could just not get a clue! I never really thought about him too much other than that. and yes you would have thought after Bella married her soul mate Edward Mike would have finally given up and moved on and not have inappropriate thoughts about a married woman!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson