Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Mike Newton

Post by glstewart »

Amivera wrote:
but Mike's thoughts alway remained in his mind. On the surface, he was always polite to Bella.
Just like Jessica was polite on the surface. Her thoughts remained in her mind. :)
Is there an emoticon that shows me throwing up my hands in despair, and walking away? :roll:
I Want to Believe
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

jessica's actions did NOT remain in her mind. she talked about bella behind her back and was kinda awful.

mike, however, was never anything but nice to bella and none of his "damn this girl's hot" thoughts actually became innapropriate or hurtful actions.

i think it has a lot to do with who's point of view we are reading from, our opinion of mike. in our bella eyes, he's an annoying sweetheart who is actually a really good friend. in edward's eyes, he's a nasty dirty homewrecker. in jacob's he's pathetic and oblivious.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Auctorita
Learning to Love Green

Post by Auctorita »

When did she talk about Bella behind her back? Did this happen in Midnight Sun?
Who Watches the Watchmen?
www.deus-ex-machina.co.cc
glstewart

Post by glstewart »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:i think it has a lot to do with who's point of view we are reading from, our opinion of mike. in our bella eyes, he's an annoying sweetheart who is actually a really good friend. in edward's eyes, he's a nasty dirty homewrecker. in jacob's he's pathetic and oblivious.
Excellent observation.
I Want to Believe
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

Even though, Mike may be an annoying little pest, I still love him.

Why? Because he reminds us of all of us. We're all Mikes...chasing our own fictional characters and deluding ourselves that they're in love with us.

Give Mike a little more credit.

-Janine
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

Mike wasn't too bad I think.
sometimes he was a major pest but other times, he was just being sweet =)
I think it's funny how he got sick at the movie though :lol:
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LeechesRule95 »

Oh i have to agree with some people that it would ahve been amusing to know what Mike was thinking at the wedding...... :lol:
I think Mike should have given up but he like almost never lost hope now that is ANNOYING... :evil:
I didnt like it either in Twilight when he was going out with Jessica that he like sort of asked Bella out. :roll: Jessica kind of gave Bella a cold shoulder after that so I blame Jessica's meanness on Mike. Anyways I agree with some people mike is a Buttface and I dont care what ither people say.. :lol:

TRAINEE OF E.D.C.!!!!!!!!!

I <3 BLUE BLOODS ALMOST AS MUCH AS TWILIGHT! ( i said almost!)
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

in the beginning mike seemed like an excited puppy dog that just wont give up. finally he seemed to when he and jessica started dating. but my hatred for him began when he went to the movies with bella and jake and he seemed so mad that jake knew bella more. sure i think jake can be pretty annoying but i just wanted to punch mike right then and there.
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

^For being a teenage boy?

Bella's the one who invited him to the movies. If anything, it's her fault for leading him on. She even went and kissed him on the cheek right before running off with Jacob in Eclipse.

I sympathize with Mike. Being led on isn't the best experience, especially when you're clueless to their 'No's and they just don't make it clear enough.
I do think, though, that SMeyer pushed his love for Bella much too far. Wishful thinking, again.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
glstewart

Post by glstewart »

I know this reply is late in coming (my internet was down), but... "Mike's love for Bella"? Huh? I don't know if I'd call it love. It looked alot more like hopeless infatuation to me. And Bella's kiss on the cheek was a peck for a friend, nothing more or less. I know he was crazy about her and all, but even he isn't thick enough to read anything more into that peck than it was intended to be.
I Want to Believe