Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Mike Newton

Post by glstewart »

moon sidhe wrote:I still remember a guy I knew in high school saying, "I just assume that all girls are into me unless they explicitly state otherwise." I remember thinking it was utterly ridiculous at the time, but now I actually admire the sheer chutzpah. Kind of reminds me of Mike. :)

Wow. That kind of arrogance is over the top! If anyone ever said that to me, I think i would've laughed in his/her face, thinking they were joking. Really...nobody can be that conceited! :? Although, yeah...it does sort of sound like Mike, at the beginning in biology class before she hooked up with Edward.
I Want to Believe
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

glstewart wrote:
moon sidhe wrote:I still remember a guy I knew in high school saying, "I just assume that all girls are into me unless they explicitly state otherwise." I remember thinking it was utterly ridiculous at the time, but now I actually admire the sheer chutzpah. Kind of reminds me of Mike. :)

Wow. That kind of arrogance is over the top! If anyone ever said that to me, I think i would've laughed in his/her face, thinking they were joking. Really...nobody can be that conceited! :? Although, yeah...it does sort of sound like Mike, at the beginning in biology class before she hooked up with Edward.
it's not totally far fetched. I know girls who say it too.
Very Mike-ish though.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

glstewart

Post by glstewart »

I guess it does happen. It's still laughable though... :roll:
I Want to Believe
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

Twilove wrote:there is only one word to describe Mike Newton ANNOYING i mean come on the guy couldent take a hint Bella did not like him so i think its safe to say that he was annoying
I feel the same way. He bother the crap out of me. I feel kind of sorry for him, but when I read the beginning of Midnight Sun, I lost almost all compassion for him. He doesn't even really like Bella, he just sees her as this piece of meat that he wants. He is just so possessive. He sees her mainly as property. She's a commodity because she's new, and he wants to be the one to walk around saying, "Hehehe, I got her, and you can't have her!" He pretty-much only wants her because everyone else desires her and he can rub his luck in their face.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

The Name Mike Newton just makes me laugh. :lol:
He thinks of himself as the awesomest guy in Forks(Which he is not because he is not even close to how awesome Edward is)
And the picture of him on the internet makes me laugh. His hair is poffy and he has squinty eyes. :lol:
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

maddy<3twilight wrote:The Name Mike Newton just makes me laugh. :lol:
He thinks of himself as the awesomest guy in Forks(Which he is not because he is not even close to how awesome Edward is)
And the picture of him on the internet makes me laugh. His hair is poffy and he has squinty eyes. :lol:
Yeah, Mike is a little conceited. Where is the picture of him online? I haven't seen it!
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
maddy<3twilight

OK maybe I over exagerated the picture alittle bit. But I still think he looks funny(especially his eyes)
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3647379200/nm0919616
slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

maddy<3twilight wrote:OK maybe I over exagerated the picture alittle bit. But I still think he looks funny(especially his eyes)
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3647379200/nm0919616
Thank you so much for sending me the link. Even before I saw your comment about his eyes, his eyes were the first thing I noticed. I don't know what it is, but they pretty-much exude overconfidence and look a little "smug." Maybe the actor is like that in real life, but he certainly looks perfect for the part. However, despite the novel describing Mike as a platinum blonde, I always pictured Mike as having dark-brown hair.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
maddy<3twilight

Haha, I pictures Mike alot different, and I didn't think Eric was Asian.
glstewart

Post by glstewart »

Aw come on...I think the Mike guy is cute! So he has shockingly blue eyes. Is that a crime? :)
I Want to Believe