Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Nahuel

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss Nahuel, the venomous hybrid vampire.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
lydiane
Settled in Forks

Re: Nahuel

Post by lydiane »

Poor, poooor Nahuel.
Esme should coddle him. And Bella should invite him over the holidays or something.
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

I wonder what the future has in store for Nahuel.

After all, the Volturi must be itching to start a fight after the shameful performance and their failure to destroy and collect the Cullens and their other talented friends. I bet they smash Nahuel's father extra-hard, almost to prove that they still are the folks in charge of the vampire world. With their "leader" gone, how will Nahuel's half-sisters react? Will they know that it was his presence that caused their father's death? Would they care?

Visiting the Cullens in Washington State must have been a pivotal moment in his existence. As Edward says, he sees in Edward, Bella and Nessie the possibilities. Those possibilities would have been non-existent when he was born (ignoring Rosalie's crass comment about sloth spit, there would have been no way to save his mother, as there were no other vampires around willing to save his mother's life - and of course, by save, we mean have her die but become a vampire).

I am glad that his mother's sister was so devoted that she vowed to keep her death-bed promise to care for him. I'm sure it wasn't easy (after all, indirectly he was the cause of his mother's death). His appearance and testimony saves Nessie and those who love her.

I wonder what Nahuel's regular life in the Amazon is like, and how he learned English. Any ideas?
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I'm just waiting for the whole Nahuel-Reneesmee-Jacob triangle to begin. I'm sure Nahuel was intrigued to learn that there was a female half vampire-half human out there that he wasn't related to. All by himself for 150 years, poor thing. Reneesmee is the only person he could probably be with without hurting or potentially killing. I know he has this new-found hope now for his existence, but I still can't help but feel bad for him.
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Funny, unlike some of the characters, I didn't fear or suspect a Nessie / Jacob / Nahuel love triangle. Nessie and Jacob are so intertwined, they could never be broken apart, and I think the fascination was more for Nessie and her family. (Edward points out that Nahuel wasn't staring at Nessie - he was staring at Bella.)
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

LadyDi wrote:Funny, unlike some of the characters, I didn't fear or suspect a Nessie / Jacob / Nahuel love triangle. Nessie and Jacob are so intertwined, they could never be broken apart, and I think the fascination was more for Nessie and her family. (Edward points out that Nahuel wasn't staring at Nessie - he was staring at Bella.)
Very true, but Renesmee is also the only one of his 'kind' that he knows of who is not related to him. Since only the males are venomous, who else can withstand or risk being with him without either being turned or killed? Remember the only other females that are like him are his sisters. Others may exist, but look how long Nahuel has kept to himself.
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Alice's Twin Sister
Wandering Through Town

Post by Alice's Twin Sister »

I hope that if there's another book in the not too distant future that this character will get more development. I really liked the idea that there could be half breeds. And I wonder how the Volturi will deal with his "father". My friends and I were discussing this character and Renesmee. There are hints in BD that perhaps in 6 years we may see a book possibly from hers or Jake's POV...maybe this will bring Nahuel more to the forefront again. Just a random thought!

Alice Rules!
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

To be honest, Nahuel kind of freaked me out at first. I was very, very glad he came, obviously, since he basically saved the day by...existing, lol. But he still freaked me out. Especially when everyone was sitting and talking abnd he just kept staring at Bella. It was weirding her out, and I suppose, since we're reading her point of view, that's why I foind it so weird.
All in all, I am glad for Nahuel, but he is still somewhat creepy for eyeing Bella. :P
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Alice's Twin Sister wrote:I hope that if there's another book in the not too distant future that this character will get more development. I really liked the idea that there could be half breeds. And I wonder how the Volturi will deal with his "father". My friends and I were discussing this character and Renesmee. There are hints in BD that perhaps in 6 years we may see a book possibly from hers or Jake's POV...maybe this will bring Nahuel more to the forefront again. Just a random thought!
Definetely. Their story is so asking to be written! I think I'll write about it, just to get this out of my system. :roll:

I know it's kind of silly, but I got so curious about all the new characters and I just wonder where Nahuel came from? Because he can't be Brazilian. It doesn't snow here. But he can be somewhere near the Andes Mountains, maybe.
Genevieve
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Genevieve »

the nahuel reneesme jacob love triangle would be interesting to read about.
hahah, what if it turns out to be something like edward bella jacob? (jacob seems to always get into triangles huh)
but i doubt it would be the same, since we dont know much about nahuel at all.