Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Nahuel

Post by debussygirl »

I like Nahuel, maybe because he reminds me of Edward a little bit. They both think that they're horrible monsters for what they are, but they really aren't. And then they do see that they aren't really monsters unless they chose to be, like other vampires are.
Do you think that Nahuel and his aunt are vegetarians like the Cullen or if they're like normal vampires?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

debussygirl wrote:I like Nahuel, maybe because he reminds me of Edward a little bit. They both think that they're horrible monsters for what they are, but they really aren't. And then they do see that they aren't really monsters unless they chose to be, like other vampires are.
Do you think that Nahuel and his aunt are vegetarians like the Cullen or if they're like normal vampires?
i think they're regular vamps because didn't SM say that Huilen had red eyes??
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LeechesRule95 »

O.m.g.

I know that Edward cleared this up in the book but do you think that maybe Nahuel still kinda sorta had a thing for Rennesme?????????

It would be so tottaly funny if Reneesmee and Jacob and Nahuel had the sort of realtionship like Bella Edward and Jacob! :lol:
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

LeechesRule95 wrote:O.m.g.

I know that Edward cleared this up in the book but do you think that maybe Nahuel still kinda sorta had a thing for Rennesme?????????

It would be so tottaly funny if Reneesmee and Jacob and Nahuel had the sort of realtionship like Bella Edward and Jacob! :lol:
i wonder if SM is planning to write a book on that.....

it would be interesting, that's for sure.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Jane V wrote:
debussygirl wrote:I like Nahuel, maybe because he reminds me of Edward a little bit. They both think that they're horrible monsters for what they are, but they really aren't. And then they do see that they aren't really monsters unless they chose to be, like other vampires are.
i think they're regular vamps because didn't SM say that Huilen had red eyes??
I think his aunt's eyes were burgandy, like non-veg vampires and Nahuel's were teak color. I think it's a very light brown, almost golden.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

oh yes. i hope there's another love triangle. TEAM: NAHUEL through and through. I think he'd be awesome. but then i don't want poor nahuel to get hurt or anything. because it will be quite evident that nessie will end up with jacob...
i want to know more about him. he seems like a complex character. sort of like Edward as someone mentioned above. he deals with alot of internal hate. hmm...
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LeechesRule95 »

malaz wrote:

oh yes. i hope there's another love triangle. TEAM: NAHUEL through and through. I think he'd be awesome. but then i don't want poor nahuel to get hurt or anything. because it will be quite evident that nessie will end up with jacob...
i want to know more about him. he seems like a complex character. sort of like Edward as someone mentioned above. he deals with alot of internal hate. hmm...
For this love triangle i would have to be team jacob....... oh wouldnt it be funny if RENESME and JACOB have a KID and Nahuel ends up with her..... omg that would be so repetitive of the other books but kinda cool....
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

malaz wrote:

You're are a bad girl, malaz. Cool. 8-)

I think my Team will depends on his personality. I think seeing Bella's family and how they act around each other probably changed him, a bit. Because he used to see himself like a monster, like Edward used to do too. I confess I'm very curious about him. A 5th book brings lots of possibilities.
Vampire_Pixie
Settled in Forks

Post by Vampire_Pixie »

Alice's Twin Sister wrote: I know it's kind of silly, but I got so curious about all the new characters and I just wonder where Nahuel came from? Because he can't be Brazilian. It doesn't snow here. But he can be somewhere near the Andes Mountains, maybe.

Hi there.
I just wanted to add, that Breaking Dawn clearly states that Nahuel is a descendant of the MAPUCHE tribe. Google them if you don't know who they are. :)
I was born and raised in Chile, and the Mapuche are our native peoples. That gives a clear indicator as to where Nahuel came from.
When I read the book, I was very, very amused that Stephenie Meyer would send a humble Mapuche, of all people, to save the day (and the entire series, for that matter.) She clearly did a little research to come up with a the character of Nahuel.
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

Nahuel intrigues me as well. He seems to have a very tortured view of himself and as someone else said he thinks of himself as a monster. I know in BD Edward says that Nahuel begins to realize he's not a monster and forgives himself. I wonder if he visits the Cullens or they visit him when Reneesme gets older. I also wonder about a possible relationship between Reneesme and Nahuel.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory