Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Renesmee

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Kachiti wrote:
malaz wrote:Renesmee is immortal like Nahuel and his sisters. She will live forever. Jacob is immortal as well - he will only age again if he stops phasing into a wolf, if not, he can be with renesmee forever as well. which is kind of sad, considering his pack will eventually stop aging and then dying and he'll be left by himself, and his father dying (although the same can be said for charlie and renee....) - unless a new pack forms. . .
Malaz, I've thinking about what you posted and what makes you believe that Nessie is immortal? I don't believe that Jacob is immortal. Yes, he will not age as long as he changing but does not make him immortal. I mean how long is that? A week, a month or a year? If that was the case then why is there no wolves from the last time they were needed ?

As far as we know Renesmee might not be immortal, she is after all half human. The aging process will slow down considerably once she reaches maturity but her life span could be just several thousand years.
Wait a minute...hold up! I'm confused. Nahuel has been the same, physically and in age, for 150 years. Wouldn't that make him immortal. But, maybe he will die someday, but SM never did give details about it. I just always assumed that Renesmee and Nahuel were immortal.
Also, I don't think that Jacob is immortal. He will just start aging again when he can stop the phasing. Well, I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I suppose it could be possible that Renesmee will not live forever, but then again, no one lives forever. Can you even imagine the concept of forever?
Time everlasting?
So let's say that a Vampire lives for a million years, and then is killed by another vampire, or the planet is hit by a meteor wiping out all life on it...
Not forever.
But I do believe that if Jacob sticks around with Renesmee and her lot, he'll be able to hold onto the gift of being a shape-shifter, which should hold off his aging, indefinitely.
And based on what we saw at the end of BD, it is pretty apparent that, even if they just age incredibly slowly and will eventually die, Nahuel and Renesmee should have a lifeline similar in duration to that of full-fledged vampires.
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SenorGimp, I think you have the way of it. Considering living forever is a pretty overwhelming for us humans. But, the bottom line is we don't know. Again, we look for the happiest ending possible, which for many of us is Renesmee and Jacob with their own little perfect piece of forever, along with Edward, Bella and the rest of the Cullens. We could imagine any number of scenarios that take our favorite folks from Forks away from us. But, in the absence of a definitive answer on the meaning of forever, I say go with the traditional one and marvel and the joy to come.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Well put Jazz Girl, but based on that, maybe it would be better if you didn't read my fan fic.. it kind of messes up the perfect piece of forever scenario...
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

malaz wrote:here is a Q&A with stephenie about jacob and nessie. . .
E: Liz from Milwaukee would like to know ‘Will Jacob stay immortal with Renesme when she reaches maturity?

S: I do believe there’s some concern about that and the lovely thing about their relationship is that Nessie apparently will not age past you know, like around 18, 20. And Jacob, as long as he keeps turning into a werewolf regularly, will always be the same as well so they’re good to go.

AND

Q: Nicki wants to know, “Since Renesemee will live forever, does that mean Jacob will be immortal as well since the vampires are always going to be around?”

A: actually once the trigger of vampires being around is over, there’s a lot of fact questions coming up, just so you know, just so you can get some of these things straight. Um, Jacob can continue to be the same age that he is now as long as he turns into a werewolf every now and then which is really not very hard for him. So, luckily for them, they’re both set up for immortality, which is nice.
Everyone, the question of immortality for Ness & Jacob has been answered by SM herself.^^^^^
This was asked in an earlier post.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Thanks for providing a Point of Reference
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SenorGimp wrote:Well put Jazz Girl, but based on that, maybe it would be better if you didn't read my fan fic.. it kind of messes up the perfect piece of forever scenario...
Awww. And I was so looking forward to it! Well, I'll have to read anyway and just remember you didn't mean to hurt my feelings. :D

Now, back on topic; I have a Renesmee question to pose:
Does anyone think that Nahuel could ever really compete with Jacob for Nessie's affections?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Jazz Girl wrote:
SenorGimp wrote:Well put Jazz Girl, but based on that, maybe it would be better if you didn't read my fan fic.. it kind of messes up the perfect piece of forever scenario...
Awww. And I was so looking forward to it! Well, I'll have to read anyway and just remember you didn't mean to hurt my feelings. :D

Does anyone think that Nahuel could ever really compete with Jacob for Nessie's affections?
Well, I think it depends on how Renesmee and Jacob's story would develope for itself. Renesmee isn't being raised as Jacob's fiancée. I think they could grow up to be great friends and, for a long time, see each other this way, even Jacob. He helped to raise Renesmee. It will take a while until he disassociate her image as a child, a little sister, to an adult woman.

I wouldn't found absurd if she has a crush on one or two guys before actually noticing Jacob romantically. Because Jacob is there since she can remember. And I don't buy this thing that she doesn't live with other people and Jacob is available and she's faded to crush on him. A crush you can have for the guy on TV, a singer, the neighboor of next door. Even a guy like Garrett, if the Denali Coven comes to pay a visit.

Back to the topic, I think Nahuel could be a serious competition if Jacob hesitates too much (what is not part of his personality. But since he got the experience from Bella and he knows that he has to take slow with Renesmee, it's a possibility), or even if Renesmee ends up not having romantic feelings for Jacob after all. And need him by her side like a brother. This can happen with any other guy. But since Nahuel is from her kind and they have, by definition, an afinity. I think it's possibie. But, I'm a fanfic writer, so strange possibilities is my businness. :roll:

However, Nahuel or the other guy will have to know that Jacob is and will be part of her life forever. And part of her. They are soulmates. There are not many guys who can accept this kind of thing from other man. But we know very little about Nahuel. Personally, I think he is an interesting character.
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

Jazz Girl wrote:

I remember Jake said in Eclipse (I think?) that it's hard to resist that level of affection, but it doesn't mean that Nessie might decide for herself - who even says she has to chose Nahuel or Jake? Maybe she'll find some cute boy at school who she finds a normal, teenage relationship with. I think it'll be hard for her to diffirentiate Jake as her big brother, best friend, protecter, I would find that hard to fall in love with someone who'd always been there like a big brother. I don't think it would be normal if she just fell in love with Jake because he was there. Teen as fickle, we don't just fall in love with one person, usually we find several hot at one time and go on dates with lots of people before finding some sort of mutual relationship with someone.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Jazz Girl wrote:

No. Only because when Renesmee showed Bella her memory thought when Bella attacked Jacob, Bella got a new 'flavor' from her daughter, it wasn't protectiveness, it was possessivenessJacob was Ness'. Bella said "Oh great". Renesmee, I feel, has found her future soul-mate in Jacob, but that does not mean that Nahuel won't try if he is interested.

We'll see. ;)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict