Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Renesmee

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

My first impression of Renesmee after reading the book, was that she was one of the biggest Mary Sues to ever be published. But then I thought "Edward is so perfect...wouldn't his daughter be the same?" and it was told from Bella's point of view. When a mother talks about her daughter, any flaws (subtle or not) are effectively stripped away. I wouldn't mind reading something about an older Renesmee.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

everyone keeps talking about how she's so perfect, like it's a bad thing, its's bad she can "do no wrong"? she's just a CHILD of course she can do no wrong!
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

Actually I think that the only reason that she came across as 'perfect' was because all the main characters were infatuated with her, and it was told from her mother's point of view. She is too young to have much of a completely fleshed out personality, anyways. So maybe as she gets older she won't seem "so perfect".
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

EdwardsTopazEyes
Settled in Forks

Post by EdwardsTopazEyes »

spicey16 wrote:everyone keeps talking about how she's so perfect, like it's a bad thing, its's bad she can "do no wrong"? she's just a CHILD of course she can do no wrong!
Ha ha this is true. We really didn't get to see a mature enough Renesmee to be able to see her flaws. And, like other people are saying, we only see Renesmee through Bella's eyes. Bella isn't going to realize her daughter's flaws, especially not when her daughter is still so young.

But anyways, I don't know if you guys talked about Renesmee's power on here, but I think its very interesting, how both Bella and Edward's powers were somewhat reversed. It still doesn't seem to be a very useful power, though.
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

no i cant see how her gift will be usefull unless it developes into something else. like maybe persuasion? because everyone that saw through her eyes automatically believed her??
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

I think it proved VERY useful in BD, but thats just me, I guess
ColormeBSG
Rose
Wandering Through Town

Post by Rose »

I'm sooo happy Stephenie created this character! She gives the whole story the right end. I mean everyone is happy! Edward has his Bella and Jake his Renesmee. And I like her really much!!! I hope we'll here about her and Jake in another book!

Rose
jasperhale003
Settled in Forks

Post by jasperhale003 »

Renesmee is awesome! I thought it was funny when Bella got all mad and was going to hurt Jacob!
ImageImage
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

jasperhale003 wrote:Renesmee is awesome! I thought it was funny when Bella got all mad and was going to hurt Jacob!
yes, definately!!!
ColormeBSG
ed4ev
Wandering Through Town

Post by ed4ev »

aww....renesmee was just...great, i love when bella looks at the blue box, and at first im like what the heck, but then...OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG i was so phyched...then you cant help but gasp and jump up and down when you figure out jacob imprinting on her...everytime i read it (on my fourth time of BD) i freak out, i love renesmee and how she just completes the Cullens...plus bellas still friends with jacob

Do I dazzle you?