Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Renesmee

Post by Jazz Girl »

Heart_in_Hand wrote:2) Renesmee is a girl. A father-daughter relationship is much different than a father-son relationship. Dad's tend to encourage promiscuity or at the least, extensive dating with their boys. They take pride in the fact that their boy is "becoming a man". But with their girls, they always see them as their little girl and really don't want them going out with boys at all. In fact, most dad's would prefer it if their daughters had a 10 mile radius around them that deters all young males. It's a huge and annoying double standard, but it stems from love and protectiveness for their baby girl, which you can't really be mad about. I have no doubt that Carlisle never felt that way about Edward, and we even see in MS how he really wants things to work between Edward and Bella... no matter what the consequences.
You had me with # 1, Heart_in_Hand. But, I have to disagree here on # 2. Edward's old-world attitudes and genteel qualities don't end with himself. He would definitely look to raise his child with the same respect and values, regardless of gender. While I think you are absolutely correct about the attitudes most fathers tend to have about their daughters' dating habits ( I know mine was that way and my husband is already planning how to display his sword collection in front of the door for the benefit of any daughter's suitors), I truly believe Edward would be the same with a son as with a daughter. I think he would have encouraged little EJ just the same as Renesmee; find a person you deeply love and be committed to one another. Remember, Edward was truly concerned about both his virtue and Bella's in his arguments against Bella's condition of making love before she was turned.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Looking for a good way to display his sword collection in front of the door!
priceless! :lol:
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Bluemoonlvr wrote:Okay I have a question. What if she does fall in love with a human. And she goes far in this relationship. And she had a child. What would the child be? Or can she have a child?
That has been the question of ages in this forum, but, yes, I think she can have a child.
1) She is half=human with working organs and all, the only problem would be her vampiric skin - which does not yield to a growing child, but being half human you never know.

2)The child would be 3/4 human & 1/4 vampire.

3)Jacob is still human. A shape-shifter, but still human. I just can not see her with anyone else at this point and I don't want to, because Jacob is pretty cool in my book and one horrific heartache in one's life is enough.
He deserves his happily ever after to. imo.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

navarre wrote:3)Jacob is still human. A shape-shifter, but still human. I just can not see her with anyone else at this point and I don't want to, because Jacob is pretty cool in my book and one horrific heartache in one's life is enough.
He deserves his happily ever after to. imo.
I have to agree, Navarre. I believe that in the end, Jake and Nessie will end up together. I just don't see an unchallenged road ahead of them. I wish it were otherwise. But, I see a few more challenges ahead for Jake and Renesmee before the earn their happy ending.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

At least, I believe, Nessie will be a lot nicer to Jake while she's dealing with the issue of other suitors than Bella was, because she already has a huge bond with him, developed since birth, and he is the most important thing in her world, at least after her parents, that is...
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Yeah, I think since Jake kinda imprinted on her it's not likely for him or Renesmee to fall anyone else. I think that once a wolf imprints in kinda puts a strong hold on the person that they imprinted on. Almost like a thing where no one else will... This is hard to explain. So, I'm kinda hoping that you guys understand what I'm saying.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

The problem with bella was that she had a stronger love for jacob in comparison with her love for edward than I think nessie could ever develop with jacob around. At just a few days old she already sees him as hers, and I think she would love him too much to have any sort of romantic relationship with anyone else without thinking of him first.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Well put. I agree wholeheartedly!
I also love the quote on your signature about why can't we shoot tourists during tourist season?
Excellent! :twisted:
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I don't think that Edward would discourage Nessie dating a human because of his species. I think he would discourage it because he would know from the moment he met the human that said human's love for her, if there was any, paled in comparison to Jacob's.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Oh My God!! :idea: :!:
What do you think Edward would do if he heard the thoughts of a little hornball boy just out to use Renesmee for a piece?!?!
There has never been a fatherly wrath like the whirlwind of terror that Edward would become in that situation!
Jeez!
That's frightening to consider!