Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Renesmee

Post by cataclysm »

Mrs.EdwardCullen wrote:snip So, like I said, all in all, I LOVED Renesmee. Stupid little dog. :evil:
Really? You think Nessie isn't at least a slight improvement over renesmee? Well, I for one am glad that 'stupid little dog' came up with nessie. I'm used to the name renesmee now, but I'll never love it.
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

For me, Renesmee was like a love/hate thing. I grew to like her, even though I hated her at first. Someone else said they thought she was going to be evil--and I did too. I started liking her a little when Edward was like,"it loves you." and then I grew to like her, even though the whole concept of her is still kindof strange to me. I'm still not sure about the whole book. :? :|
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
TaintDeMort
Settled in Forks

Post by TaintDeMort »

At first I was angry with the possible existance of Renesmee because she was killing Bella. The imagery of Bella's decreasing health was branded into my mind. I was completely sick with grief for all the characters involved. Especially Edward...to see him losing his mind and the agony in his eyes I just couldnt stand it.
Being a Pisces I couldnt hate Renesmee for very long after her birth. Especially at the end of Jacob's book when he looked into her chocolate brown eyes. I just felt a surge of warmth pass through me. Then as we got more aquainted with her character I couldnt stop smiling everytime she was mentioned. I really loved it when she reached for Bella and that she had not grown too attached to Rosalie. I was still so mad at her :evil: One of the sweetest parts that sticks in my mind is when Bella challenged Emmett to an arm wresting match and then after words she kept karate-chopping the bolder. :lol: And then there came Renesmee's charming laugh and my heart just melted. It reminded me so much of my nephews and neices. I love children. I really do think they bring the best out in us and Renesmee really did that for all the characters involved.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

you know, i think i need to reread the books. i mean, nessie was cute and all...in the way that all babies are cute. i don't necessarily think SM really did her justice in her descriptions. but then again this is coming from the girl who thought edward was boring, so....

mm but i agree with you about rosalie :evil:

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
anoreth
Settled in Forks

Post by anoreth »

I have to agree with some of what you said, meteora, holdingoutforjacob,and yourfavoritearies. First, to use your words,HOFJ, it INFURIATED me how Bella treated Jacob about Renesmee. SHE is the one who picked Edward over Jacob and caused him so much pain. She even once claimed that she loved Jacob. If she really did, wouldn't she be happy that Jacob AND her daughter would be happy? She knows that the werewolves mold their personalities to whomever they imprinted on. And why should she feel so angry? She admitted herself that she didn't feel very maternal towards Renesmee at first. Also, she was represented in the book as a perfect little angel. She is never denied anything that she wants in the books, and will probably never be denied anything that she wants in the future, since everyone she meets is gaga over her (very conveniently, I might add.) She does seem to be shoved into the book, which probably could have done without her. That being said, however, I think that she is a redeemable character and would be more interesting if she actually faced some real adversity and if her personality and interactions with other characters would be made more believable and realistic. Some could argue that the Volturi was enough to count as believable adversity. However, she never actually had to fight, her safety was insured, and I never believed for a second that she or the Cullens were in any real danger. Stephenie is a wonderful writer, but she has never killed any characters that she is deeply attached to. I think that maybe Jacob having another love interest for her to compete with would be healthy for her. It's time for Jacob to actually have someone fighting for HIM, and not the other way around.
Isobelle
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Isobelle »

I have to admit that I was pretty surprised when Bella realized that she was pregnant, and although I do like Renesmee, I feel like she takes away from the relationship between Bella and Edward. I mean the first three books were all about this love relationship and now there is a mother daughter relationship thrown into the mix as well. The first time that I read the book, I was a little disappointed. But, after reading the book a couple more times I was able to fully appreciate Renesmee and the changes in Bella. So I think that the people who find Renesmee annoying or useless, just haven't read the book thoroughly enough to fully comprehend the growth in all of the relationships between the characters.
**Stars**
Settled in Forks

Post by **Stars** »

I really like Renesmee and her name (its different).....
But I em curious if she can have children herself...... becaus in BD Jacob says that the wolves imprint on the people that could carry the werewolf gene best... but if she cant have kids then it just dosent make scense...

Can anybody tell me if she can or cant???
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

anoreth, i totally agree. completely.

i just don't feel anything about her guys! i'm trying to think about it, and i'm just like...ehh. i just don't care about her. i know that's terrible, but it's TRUE! she's like a minor character to me. i don't know why. i don't find her to be all that cute, she's a bit know-at-all ish. i don't know.

as for whether or not she can have kids, i don't know. but i do know that she has 24 chromosomes, just like jake, and so i'm thinking she probably can, since jake can. i actually think that the chromosome thing may have something to do with the imprinting.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Bella
Settled in Forks

Post by Bella »

Renesmee is a breath of fresh air in this book. I loved Breaking Dawn, and think that in light of the intensness of the story, it was genius to bring such graceful innocence into the picture. I loved how close and irrevocable the bond is between Bella and Renesmee, that truly portrayed the bond and love between a mother and a child!
Love=Edward Cullen
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

I thought it was confusing as how she mixed with the story, but her character was very fun to read about. She was just, very, interesting. Having a mixed vampire/human breed like that is pretty awesome. I didn't see it coming, but it was cool, especially her power, that must be useful. It would be very easy to be a mime.