Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Renesmee

Post by Edward-Bella-forever »

I haven't finished the BD yet, but at first when I found out that Bella was pregnant I get really pissed off, but after Renesmee was born, I loved her. I was a little shocked that Jake imprinted on her at first, but it's pretty cool now. It was very funny how Bella started freaking out about it. I can't forget about that part. "How dare you imprint on my baby!" lol But yeah, I love Renesmee!!!! She's so cute. I hope they do all of the movies. I would love to see the little girl, or should I say the little girls they would pick out to play her.
"And he smiled my favorite crooked smile..."Image
Old username known as: Edward_and_Bella_forever
Heroes: "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

renesmee- i love her and she sounds adorable. why not love her? she has dimples when she smiles and has this brown riglets around her face that makes it even better. she sounds happy and full of joy- bella and edward went through hell with her and they got the most amazing angel out of her. :mrgreen:
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
winchestersgirl
Settled in Forks

Post by winchestersgirl »

Palena wrote: I sort of felt the same way about her nickname that Bella did, though. I actually like the name, though the middle name being Carlie sort of was a little much for me.
I don't hate the CHARACTER Renesme. I hate her name. I think it just stupid, even more stupid is her nickname Nessie. I heartily concur with Bella's reaction to the nickname.

No offense to Shakespeare who said, "A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet", but a lifetime is a long time to endure the name Milton or Gaylord. Living with a name that is a joke is no laughing matter. We don't want to give our children names that will invite embarassing nicknames or in any way bring misery to their school years. A child with a unique name may not have to "share" a popular one with many others, but a name that in highly unusual can be a greater disservice to your child.

One of my personal pet-peeves is the new trend of making up names, nonsense names that don't mean anything. They aren't Latin for "majestic" or "radiant beauty" or Greek "clear and bright" or "merciful". They are just nonsense. Or worse, when the trend of purposely misspelling a child's name, change the "f" to a "ph" or a "c to and "s" ot "k". I realize that it is done with the intent to create a unique name, but all it does is to guarantee that your child's name will always be mispronounced and mispelled. Ordinary spellings have the force of common sense behind them. Having your name constantly misprounced would test the patience of a saint.

A name is a unique, lifelong, personal thing. Our name spoken by the one we love is possibly the sweetest sound in the world.

Meyers created wonderful names sound melodious and mean something to the character. Alice is Greek fr "truth", which is ironic given the often scary accuracy of her visions. Edward means 'protector', which tries so hard to do with Bella. She created unique names with pleasant rhythms that fit the age of the characters and wouldn't be found three or four times in a classroom, so you can really associate the name with the character.

Then she gives us a name like Renesme. Followed by Nessie, the Lock Ness Monster. I have to wonder what she was smoking when she picked THAT!
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
cataclysm wrote:
YourFavoriteAries wrote:snip
But yeah, it was all very subtle and you had to read really far into it to get any of that. Since it was the "adoring mom" telling the story you almost had to forget everything she said and take what Nessie did at face value. lol.

Which would make it very interesting to get more story from Nessie's pov. From what we've seen of her so far, she's definitely not Bella 2.0
well, i don't necessarily think so. i think it would be more interesting to see her from jake or leah's POV, because they are going to be less biased. well, leah will.

i just think, and i know this is going to sound ridiculous, that she hasn't EARNED her own book yet.
Jake might be more biased then Bella.... :?

And Leah would be biased in a completely different way. :lol:

Haha, maybe Edward just cause he can read her mind. He obviously loves his daughter but hearing her thoughts would make it hard to ignore and hide any....

Or Alice maybe? She's really honest usually so she might love Nessie but if Nessie is being a brat she'd probably say it.
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
jessicaiscooly
Settled in Forks

Post by jessicaiscooly »

I absolutely loved renesmee, she was one of my favorite characters. Everything I read about her was interesting and I love kids which probably explains why i loved her so much. She was so cute!
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

you know, i love kids and they love me, but i didn't love nessie. at all. i think because she was so unrealistic. when you think about it, she really was.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
FireLuna
Wandering Through Town

Post by FireLuna »

I thought Renesmee was the best character that could've been introduced into the Cullen family. Her gift is extremely curious, but very powerful, which makes her an irresistable character hard not to love. Especially since she looks so much like Bella in one way and then on the off hand more like Edward in another. She's truely amazing.
And it's also amazing to think that while she developed extremely quick in the womb she had loved Bella before she was even born. And even though Edward hated seeing Bella the way she was, he grew fond of Nessie quickly and loved the little bundle just as much as Bella did.
Renesmee's gift is something that's both curious and wonderful, showing people life through her eyes and showing them only what she wanted. It's simply amazing.
Haha, sorry I've been saying that word so much (amazing) but that's how I feel about the little bundle of joy.
~xStRaWbErRyx~
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by ~xStRaWbErRyx~ »

I found her terribly annoying
She irritated me alot. Why can't she just speak? its just creepy that she went around touching everyone.
One of the most annoying kids ever, and she's not even real!
:?
Meteora
Settled in Forks

Post by Meteora »

I realize this is truly a minor point, but it bothered me while I was reading--why on earth was Renesmee's hair so long? I understand it was supposed to show her accelerated aging, but how old was she supposed to be? Most three and even four year olds I know do NOT have hair down to their waists, especially not curly hair, which is always shorter because of the curls. The mystery of Renesmee's ridiculous and unnaturally long curly hair kept taking me out of the story every time it was mentioned. And if her hair had to be that long, how about a sentence devoted to how obnoxious it is to deal with long, curly hair when it gets tangles or frizzed or mussed, like after a hunting trip? How about Renesmee screaming or kicking as Bella attempts to comb through her hair after it has been messed up, like a normal child might do? Basically, I would have liked any opportunity to show Renesmee as a three-dimensional child.
jazjade
Wandering Through Town

Post by jazjade »

Renesmee was a very important character to me, personally. One of the things Stephanie does in these books is she shows us the same thing from very different points of view. Sometimes it's the characters themselves who look at something with their regular, habitual eyes, then have a moment where everything changes and they see themselves or the situation completely differently.

With Renesmee, it's very powerful because things turn from hate to love with serious passion.

When we, Edward, Carlisle, the wolves, first hear Bella is pregnant with Edward's child, its a monster, evil, killing her, is going to kill us and all our families, they have to kill it, they have to save Bella, they have to save ourselves and their families by killing it. But Bella knows her pregnancy has brought a new kind of love into her life, she loves her child. Then when Edward finally hears her, he feels the love and connects with Bella in a new way, as a husband and father.

Going down the stairs, Jacob fills himself with hate and rage and the will to kill, then he sees her and feel a new kind of love - he imprint on Renesmee.

In all these instances, and more in the book, Renesmee catches folks up in their hate, fear and prejudices, turns the picture over, the same picture, but from a good point of view, with love.