Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Edward Cullen #5

Post by moon sidhe »

Um, I really don't see how using MS could ever confuse matters at all. Everything is exactly the same as in Twilight. The time line is exactly the same. The events are exactly the same, except for the part where Edward runs to Denali. The only thing it adds is Edward's perspective on matters, and we gain an understanding of his personality. So how is this really going to confuse discussion, even for those who haven't read it? For the most part, when people are backing up an argument with MS, they specifically say "this was in MS." What's confusing? Let's just drop it. Those who never want to refer to it don't have to refer to it. Those who do, can do so as much as they like. I have to say that it kind of does feel like you're judging those of us who want to refer to MS, Diane. And I think that's why HOFJ said that she didn't appreciate your tone. Because whether you meant it or not, that's how it came across. So we're not going to judge you for deciding not to refer to it, how about you return the favor and not judge us for wanting to include it in our arguments? Deal?
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

diane771 wrote:I know what the question was, and answer awhile back, before you did. I wanted to know what argument opulent was refering to.
That is me 3 + pages ago
I was referring to the argument in Midnight Sun, when Rosalie goes ballistic over the fact that Bella knows too much.
And I don't think Edward based his own feelings off of what Alice was showing him of her visions. He even states that he realized that it would cause him physical pain to leave - and he knew it had to be in connection to Bella; she was the only thing in his life that had changed. He knew for himself that his emotions had changed - he just didn't know yet that he was in love with her. this is opulent answering my question after your post
This is what I was talking about where it was you how interjected between
The question was when Edward first realized that he couldn't live without Bella. My answer was from Midnight Sun, when Edward is watching Bella sleep and first hears her say his name.
I don't think you even read it, to ask me what you did this is my original post on the .
I would say the night that he realized that he loved her and needed to protect her and would do anything for her. After that she was the most important person in his life. He then started to grill her every morning to get to know her better. and he opened up to Bella, nothing that he ever did with a human before. Right around the time the van almost crushed her she was on his mind all the time, but he wasn't coming to terms with his feelings yet. Thata what I think
I was refering to Edward in her room and realized that he loved her, but you came at me when I was asking opulent what she was refering to and this started all this. hofj has issues with me so my tone was in no way offense or meant to be and everything that comes out from me she takes offense too. So I was giving you why and how it started because you don't even realize how it went down. And how it made me feel and hofj was not in the conversation and this was something between the posters you, opulent and me to clear up. she to me interjects when she wants to stir up problems with me personally and I am not biting it. So I went through many post to explain and I really think it was time to move on a long time ago. I have the right to feel the way I do, did you have the right to make me feel like I did. and I did not go at you or opulent. So please just let it go, if hofj wants to keep bringing it up thats her not me. This is the last time, if you want to ask me anything else please pm me this is not the place to do this. Again you know where I stand, pm me if you want but I am not changing my opinion because of what you made me feel like I didn't know the question. So I am on the side lines till I feel comfortable to add my opinion without being ripped apart by a lot of people here. Thanks for accepting my point of view and not going further with all this. :D
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Diane, no one's out to get you, and that was really immature. Never did I accuse you of anything, never did I say you were wrong, in fact, I said your opinion and decisions were completely fair and valid several times. I said BOTH views were completely valid. That's stirring up trouble?

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

Sorry that you felt attacked, Diane. My post was decidedly more antagonistic than I intended. So let's try to move on. Ummm... another topic. Hopefully a discussion you'll feel comfortable participating in?

Let's see... Edward. Trying to think of an original question, but am drawing a blank. This one may have been answered previously, but how about, do you think Edward would still have been attracted to Bella if he could read her mind?
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Thats a good one, I think her smell and the fact that he never met anyone he could not hear was definatly a first spark of interest, and kept it going till he fell in love completely.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

Yeah, I tend to agree Diane. I think a lot of the fascination (to bring over a topic from the Edward and Bella thread) was caused by a combination of the smell + the inability to read Bella's mind. I'm still undecided though on whether the reason he frequently found her reactions to be so perplexing was because he couldn't read her mind or because he just found her to be "different." Would he have found the thoughts behind her reactions just as perplexing?
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

moon sidhe wrote:Yeah, I tend to agree Diane. I think a lot of the fascination (to bring over a topic from the Edward and Bella thread) was caused by a combination of the smell + the inability to read Bella's mind. I'm still undecided though on whether the reason he frequently found her reactions to be so perplexing was because he couldn't read her mind or because he just found her to be "different." Would he have found the thoughts behind her reactions just as perplexing?
I think he would have eat her if she did not hold his facination...Likely in Port Angels where he could have blamed the death on the bad boys...His little monster would have won the arguement...yum... :lol:

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Kachiti wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:For me, I plan to use all of SM's writtings on the forums here in the Lex. Whether it's an Out take on her website or the correspondence on the lex...my favorite are the extend prom scene on SM web-site
That is one of my favorite out takes too. I wish it had made into the book.

I wish it had made the movie...talk about having some fun with things...way better than any of the other BS CH put in...garden burger, whatever...and don't get me started on the no Meadow Scene...blowing a fuse now, must reboot hard drive... system failure, where's that smoke coming from...blue screen of death... :o
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

diane771 wrote:Thats a good one, I think her smell and the fact that he never met anyone he could not hear was definatly a first spark of interest, and kept it going till he fell in love completely.
Absolutely. That drew him to her first, then I think her utter lack of fear of him was also a factor.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

opulent wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote: I believe the following happened in this order in SM,

The Biology class happened
Edward went to Carliste then to the Denali Clan
Returned home
Climb into Bella's room via window and decided to oil it to stop it squeeking
Had the dining room table discussion
Alice Vision
Rosalie figuring out he loved her
Broken Plasma TV
Edward return to the school...Bella swoons more...
Actually, the argument I was talking about happens after the car accident, not after Bella figures out the truth. Sorry. . .Ergo the dining room discussion was before he climbed in Bella's window, not after. I had to go back and look at MS for myself. And the broken plasma TV doesn't occur anywhere near this scene - in fact, that is in a whole other book, eclipse.

Another mistake on my part, my flawless reputation is torn assunder...Oh well time to get over myself...by self...now back to Edward:

How about this one, It involves both the book and the outtake of Rosalie calling him in New Moon on SM site...We know the outcome/reaction Edward came to but waht do you think are the steps he took to reach his decision to go to the Volturi...