Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Edward Cullen #5

Post by diane771 »

I would say the night that he realized that he loved her and needed to protect her and would do anything for her. After that she was the most important person in his life. He then started to grill her every morning to get to know her better. and he opened up to Bella, nothing that he ever did with a human before. Right around the time the van almost crushed her she was on his mind all the time, but he wasn't coming to terms with his feelings yet. Thata what I think
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
opulent
Learning to Love Green

Post by opulent »

The Dark Knight wrote: As usual I have a good answer albeit not the answer expected. Edward’s from Chicago in the early 1900's, right? Does everyone remember the term, "Saturday night bath whether you need it or not?" This comes from that time frame. :D So Edward being a man of tradition and proper ways would follow his upbringing. Thus, he would smell good on Sunday morning that is if Bella hadn't made him all sweaty... :o
Hahahahaha! I think I just peed my pants. Heeheeheehee! I love it! Nice answer! I think everyone here has learned their lesson: expect the unexpected from DK! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, new topic smell. . . MIDNIGHT SUN SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!!!
I think Edward realized that he couldn't live without Bella when the Cullens all have the huge fight and Alice sees Bella's two futures. Alice asked him if he could leave and he realized that he couldn't leave anymore - it would cause him too much pain. I don't think that he realized why though. He didn't realize the cause of that pain was his love for Bella.
"Plus que ma propre vie."
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

I believe that it was before that, I think it was when he really did know he could not leave her when he thought that James was going to kill her. Thats when everything fell into place, he loved her before that, but when danger like the van happened and Port Angeles he was getting closer and closer to figuring out what love was all about and then James came into the picture and he knew that he would never be the same if Bella was not in this world.
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

Hmm, I might go so far as to say he knew he couldn't live without her the night he was spying on Bella in her bedroom and heard Bella say his name in her sleep. I think in Midnight Sun it describes him as having felt something shift inside him. I don't have my copy of MS on this computer otherwise I would double check. But given the rather stagnant nature of vampire personalities and emotions, I felt like that was the major turning point for him. He might not have understood the emotion as love at that point, but I think he definitely understood that he could no longer attempt to stay away from her.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
opulent
Learning to Love Green

Post by opulent »

diane771 wrote:I believe that it was before that, I think it was when he really did know he could not leave her when he thought that James was going to kill her. Thats when everything fell into place, he loved her before that, but when danger like the van happened and Port Angeles he was getting closer and closer to figuring out what love was all about and then James came into the picture and he knew that he would never be the same if Bella was not in this world.

I don't know if that was directed at me or not, Diane, but this did not occur before the Cullens' argument. It occurred waaay after it. If you weren't talking to me then just ignore this. . .

And moon sidhe, wouldn't you say that Edward felt that he couldn't leave Bella when he saw Alice's visions for the future, and he realized that it would cause him physical pain to leave?
moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

opulent wrote:
And moon sidhe, wouldn't you say that Edward felt that he couldn't leave Bella when he saw Alice's visions for the future, and he realized that it would cause him physical pain to leave?
Ummm... my time line is off. Was the before he was watching Bella sleep?
opulent
Learning to Love Green

Post by opulent »

moon sidhe wrote:
opulent wrote:
Ummm... my time line is off. Was the before he was watching Bella sleep?
Yes it was.
moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

Oh ok. Hmm. Well maybe? Although a counter argument I might use would be that there's a difference between knowing in theory that he would be in pain without her vs. actually feeling the physical shift inside himself when he heard her say his name. But it's probably just po-tay-to/po-tah-to at that point.
opulent
Learning to Love Green

Post by opulent »

moon sidhe wrote:Oh ok. Hmm. Well maybe? Although a counter argument I might use would be that there's a difference between knowing in theory that he would be in pain without her vs. actually feeling the physical shift inside himself when he heard her say his name. But it's probably just po-tay-to/po-tah-to at that point.
That's true. I agree. First he didn't know that he was in love with her vs. he realized it the night she said his name.
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Now I am confusd which argument are you talking about and what book is it in, Opulent ? Thanks