Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Jacob Black #2

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

The Dark Knight wrote:
una wrote:Who knows, maybe if SM revisits this world it will be through Jacob (and we'll see how his and Renesmee's relationship grows since I'm sure she isn't out of danger yet) or through Leah. I would be very interested in seeing how Jacob grows and how the nature of the relationship between him and Renesmee change.

Yah, the big brother to boyfriend is going to cause a stir with the Cullen's Aunt Rosalie is likely not to take that bit of news lieing down...
What do you mean? It's not up to her... she has no right to have any sort of issue.

I don't think it will have a stir, I can't see why it would. They all know it's going to happen.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

I don't see going from part of the "family" "big bro" to husband at all either. A child does not look at an adult in that way so when do the change in perseception comes. It seem a little creepy and I do think they arrest people who think of childern in that way when they are that young don't they? It would be like falling for your brother, because Jacob is always going to be there. Since Renesmee doesn't have any idea of imprinting or being exposed to it like the tribe has been, I do see the transition being a problem. and its natural for the family to be concerned about it and DK the way Rosalie is that will be really a problem but who knows maybe SM will have Jacob and Rosalie best buds ,if she choses to continue with the saga. :D
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Everyone should read my fanfic... it's not ALL about Nessie and Jake but it does go through how they eventually fall for each other, how she finds out about imprinting... and eventually that he and bella were in love.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

diane771 wrote:I don't see going from part of the "family" "big bro" to husband at all either. A child does not look at an adult in that way so when do the change in perseception comes. It seem a little creepy and I do think they arrest people who think of childern in that way when they are that young don't they? It would be like falling for your brother, because Jacob is always going to be there. Since Renesmee doesn't have any idea of imprinting or being exposed to it like the tribe has been, I do see the transition being a problem. and its natural for the family to be concerned about it and DK the way Rosalie is that will be really a problem but who knows maybe SM will have Jacob and Rosalie best buds ,if she choses to continue with the saga. :D
However in Breaking Dawn we do see through Renesemee's ability in summing up what Bella has missed, the frequency of thoughts about Jacob. Bella comments that she feels a sense of ownership that Renesemee has for Jacob. So maybe, Renesemee being dual natured is more sensitive to his imprinting. I think the changing of the relationship will lie with Renesmee and not Jacob although it will be Jacob having to adjust to the changes that Renesemee may make in their relationship. I agree it is a little strange considering that Jacob will feel like an Uncle/big Brother since he spends so much time with the family. But remember Renesmee's growth is far different from humans, she may be an "adult" faster than you think so it won't be the strong sense of wrongness you talk about but more like two kids that grew up together that were a few years apart in age. The age difference being more pronounced in youth than in maturity.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

On that same lines Una, what about Nehuel? Is Jacob going to stay at the age that he is phasing? or grow old. We only have a glimpse of Nehuel and from just MPV I didn't think he aged after he reached a certain limit or transformation or what word would you use after 7 yrs and stays in that form? Given that to be true, then Jacob would have to contunue to phase always or would grow old and die. Up to the point to where SM threw Nehuel in I could agree but theres another twist now to Renesmee's growth and how she will end up being when she does reach full potential. The question then becomes, does Jacob want to be a wolf for the rest of his exisistance?
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

I don't think that SM put Nahuel into the story to give Nessie an alternate to Jacob, I think he was simply a device to explain what she was sort of.

Anyway, we were discussing the Family's reaction to it, and I don't think there will be any sort of scandal or anything, because they've all known it was going to happen.

diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

What I was asking is Jacob willing to phase the rest of his life if Renesmee stays a certain age and doesn't grow old. Its a fair question and on topic. So going back to my post, my opinion is that if SM only wanted to let the Cullens know about Nehuel then, why did he stay on. Its a fair assumption that she might be wanting to build up his character more and who knows. But my main point was about Jacob and his phasing with Renesmee.
elisemusta
Wandering Through Town

Post by elisemusta »

Of course Jacob is going to continue phasing. I don't think he could even think about stopping it. Nessie is the most important thing in his life now and of course he wants to be with her as long as she exist. Phasing and not aging makes that possible.
Not bad for a prison break, eh?
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

elisemusta wrote:Of course Jacob is going to continue phasing. I don't think he could even think about stopping it. Nessie is the most important thing in his life now and of course he wants to be with her as long as she exist. Phasing and not aging makes that possible.
What she said.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

They said it was a very difficult thing to stop phasing. The only thing that could make previous generations do it was their imprint, wanting to grow old with them. Since Nessie won't go old, Jacob will continue phasing.