Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bkwrm
Wandering Through Town

Re: Jacob Black Past, Present and Future

Post by Bkwrm »

I don't see him as having changed that much. He's still possessive and unthinking. ("I can share!" How generous of you to agree to share Bella's child with her, Jake.)

What was he doing, exposing himself to Charlie like that? Oh yeah. He was thinking he had to prevent Bella and Edward from taking their *own* child and leaving Forks. Heaven forbid he not see the new object of his obssession every day. Nessie might choose another man if he's not there every day to remind her he's the only man who should be in her life.

Instead of stalking Bella, he's stalking her baby.
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

Stalking?! What?! Jacob never stalked Bella. I'm pretty sure that stalking is when you follow someone against their will. It is pretty much undisputed that Bella WANTS Jacob around. And so does Renesmee. And if Jacob hadn't said anything to Charlie, then he may have been completely in the dark forever. If you were Charlie, wouldn't you have wanted to know? If it was your father, you'd want to reassure him that you were perfectly happy. And without Jacob doing what he did, that might never have happened. And who else would Nessie ever want? Imprinting isn't a one-way street.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

dat_chick215
Settled in Forks

Post by dat_chick215 »

I have always liked Jacob. I really don't understand why people hate him so much. If any of you know please tell me. It never crossed my mind that he was being a jerk. I loved his sarcastic remarks because that's exactly how a teenage boy would act and say, plus he was hilarious. I liked that he sort of gave Bella another option besides Edward, eventhough I knew she would never take it. He makes her realize everything that she will lose once she become a vampire.

What I liked best was that Bella and Jake's relationship was more of your average teen crush/friendship. It wasn't as intense or serious as Edward and Bella's, but yet there still was that sexual tension. I loved when he kissed her. It was so...OMG! and the dialogue afterwards was histerical. He did become a hottie in Eclipse. I loved the scene where he went to the school to help Bella "escape" from Alice's watch. In that moment he switched from this annoying boy who didn't have a chance to someone who wasn't going to stop fighting no matter the inevitable outcome.

Once i finished reading Book 2 in BD i knew that he had imprinted on Nessie. It is a little weird, but I'm happy that he found his "love" and was still able to be friends with the vampy Bella. I so wanted everything to work out for him since he was treated so badly in the previous books by Bella. His chapter titles were great too "why am i still here....oh right cause i'm and idiot" it goes something like that. HILARIOUS.

Anyway although I am al for Team Edward, Jake is still my type of guy...or wolf. :D
Forever Dazzled!
Bkwrm
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bkwrm »

Fine. He didn't stalk her. He just tried to control her using her feelings of guilt and gratitude towards him; to make her choose him. He made her feel responsible for his happiness. He acted as if she OWED him her heart and her body because he 'helped' her during her depression.

He forced a kiss on her; that was NOT sexy. It was assault. He implied he was going to kill himself if she didn't love him. He made it out that she was responsible for his feelings; even though she told him 15 times a day she loves Edward and sees him (Jake) as a friend. He thought because HE wanted her, SHE had to return the feelings, no matter what.

Now that he's imprinted on a BABY; what chance does that child have to grow up with a choice? He's going to hover over her for the next few years until she's physically mature.
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

Bkwrm wrote:I don't see him as having changed that much. He's still possessive and unthinking. ("I can share!" How generous of you to agree to share Bella's child with her, Jake.)

What was he doing, exposing himself to Charlie like that? Oh yeah. He was thinking he had to prevent Bella and Edward from taking their *own* child and leaving Forks. Heaven forbid he not see the new object of his obssession every day. Nessie might choose another man if he's not there every day to remind her he's the only man who should be in her life.

Instead of stalking Bella, he's stalking her baby.
I think if Edward were in the same position he'd find a way to keep Bella in his life. In fact, in Eclipse, he told jake that if bella had chosen jake instead of him, he'd still hang around (hover), just in case jake imprinted. IOW, he had no intention of letting her out of his life. As far as the 'obsession' thing- I don't think Jake is anymore obsessed with nessie than edward is with bella. Nessie may still choose another man someday even if jake stays around (which he pretty much has to since he IMPRINTED on her). In fact, Nessie has more choice in terms of who she can be with than Jake does at this point, i.e., she can choose not to be with him. Jake can not choose to not be with her. Also, when nessie showed bella her thoughts after bella attacked jacob, bella noted that nessie's thoughts regarding him were possessive. She considers jake to be her possession not the other way around.
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

who ever said that Jacob was trying to be "sexy" when he kissed Bella? What's with the whole 'OMG OMG Jacob totally practically almost kind of raped Bella!" sentiment? How can Stephenie Meyer, or any of the Team Jacob people possibly make it more clear that Bella WANTS Jacob to be a part of her life?

And Renesmee loves Jacob too. How could she ever find someone who loves her more?
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

Nightvision
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nightvision »

I'm a huge Jacob Black fan, because from my perspective Jacob is the average guy. For me since I am a proud Twiguy Jacob handels all the problems and chaos that I have gone through (Except for the whole wolf thing lol) It's easy to feel for him during New Moon how he waits for Bella to heal and then does his best to help her through the hard time. Then in Eclipse he does what anyone would do. He wants to know how Bella really feels. If I was in his shoes I would have done the exact same thing.
Tagsmom
Settled in Forks

Question about Werewolves

Post by Tagsmom »

I could not find a new topic icon, so I thought I might post this here. My question is: if one of the quilleutes dies while still in wolf form, do they stay in wolf form or do they "phase" back?
I checked the Lexicon and didn't see an answer to that.
Thanks so much!
Nightvision
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Question about Werewolves

Post by Nightvision »

Tagsmom wrote:I could not find a new topic icon, so I thought I might post this here. My question is: if one of the quilleutes dies while still in wolf form, do they stay in wolf form or do they "phase" back?
I checked the Lexicon and didn't see an answer to that.
Thanks so much!

That's actually a good question. If I had to guess I think they would stay in wolf-form. Just taking a guess though.
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

I love Jacob Black and I have developed a large amount of respect for him. I feel bad for him :( I mean, think how hard it would be to watch the one person you love choose someone over you even though they love both. AHHH! my heart would explode! :cry: and jacob was doing what I think any other 16 year old boy would do (yeah some stuff was wrong, but natural.) Also, when he imprinted on Nessie, I thought it was touching. I wouldn't mind too much to have my child be protected by a Jacob (it would take getting use to of course though.) Then nothing can honestly hurt them unless the person that's trying to wants their head ripped off. lol Anyway, Jacob has a since of humor that I love too! :D
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3