Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Jacob Black Past, Present and Future

Post by Lunna-san »

inlovewithmyJasper54 wrote:I love Jacob Black and I have developed a large amount of respect for him. I feel bad for him :( I mean, think how hard it would be to watch the one person you love choose someone over you even though they love both. AHHH! my heart would explode! :cry: and jacob was doing what I think any other 16 year old boy would do (yeah some stuff was wrong, but natural.) Also, when he imprinted on Nessie, I thought it was touching. I wouldn't mind too much to have my child be protected by a Jacob (it would take getting use to of course though.) Then nothing can honestly hurt them unless the person that's trying to wants their head ripped off. lol Anyway, Jacob has a since of humor that I love too! :D
Well, I restarted liking Jacob in BD. He was great in New Moon, but I hated him in Eclipse. Anyway, his future is something pretty obscure, don't you think, ladies? Because, the Cullen will have to leave Forks soon. Do you think Jacob would follow them? Because, as Bella said when she told him about their trip to Brazil, he has his own life in La Push. He has his father. And school. Or he'll keep his life in stand by while Nessie is growing?
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

That's a really interesting predicament. Perhaps when Nessie is old enough to go to high school/college they'll go together??
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I love Jake. So much. He is such a good friend and he would do anything for Bella, even after she choose Edward over him.

I thought he was the cutest little thing at the beginning of the book. He was so innocent. :)

In the middle, New Moon, he was so nice. Like I can't even think of the correct word to describe how helpful he was. All Bella needed was a friend and BAM, There's Jake. He kinda got on my nerves when he fell in love with Bella, but I thought that it was kinda expected. I mean, if you spend almost every minute of every day with someone, you really get to know them. And Jake liked Bella for Bella.

Eclipse was sad that she didn't get to see Jake. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Edward. Team Edward :D . But I still liked Jake and I wanted her to still be friends with him. When they kissed (for real, right before Victoria came) I was in shock. I thought all a long that she needed to be with Edward. I was crying so hard when they were talking in his room after he got hurt. They couldn't possibly leave each other forever, right?

Right.

In Breaking Dawn, I loved him again. I am so so happy that he found Renesmee and now he gets to be close to Bella and he doesn't like her like that. :D It's all good.

But I think that that will be awkward. When Nessie grows up, I can see it now.
Jake: "Oh, yes, honey. I used to be in love with your mother."
Renesmee: "Er."
Jake: "But don't worry. I'm over her."
Awkward silence.

Lol. Sorry. I can just imagine that in my mind. Funny stuff.

But I always loved Jake. I always thought that Bella and Edward belonged together, and Jacob was just a really good friend. It all worked out, and I'm forever happy :)
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

For Heartstrings:

You say that Jacob was somewhat mean to Bella in NM...my brother says the same thing, but I don't know what either of you are talking about! When was he ever mean to her? If anything, she was mean to him...knowing how he felt about her and all, she should have just hooked up with Erick Yorkie if she needed a friend to take her mind off Edward.

But then, we never would have gotten to know Jacob and my life would be so empty... :lol:
I Want to Believe
jelliebean427
Settled in Forks

Post by jelliebean427 »

I love Jacob Black.
'nuff said.

I fell like he shouldn't have imprinted on Nessie though. I know that SM wanted to keep Jake in the series (hell, I want to keep him in the series. In fact, I want Jake to have his own book... but that's beside the point...) I think that she could have been much more creative in finding a way to keep Jake around. It just seems wrong,kind of borderline incestuous, that Jake imprints on the child o his former love. :shock:
I mean, if Bella and jacob had had a child, would Jake have imprinted on his own baby? :?

hmmm I dunno.
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

In Twilight, I thought Jake was also, just some minor character-I couldn't have been more wrong! I liked him in NM, then in the end when he told on Bella I began to dislike him more and more. Then Eclipse came around the corner...and I hated his character. I only saw things from Bella's POV and I only wanted her to end up with Edward. Then in BD, I was kind of upset when his POV came, but as soon as it started and I got into it I began to LOOOVE Jake. He has a great sense of humor and has really progressed and matured as a character/boy/wolf. I felt very sympathetic for Jake and wished he would imprint on somebody already so he wouldn't be hurt anymore by his feelings for Bella. Boy was I happy when he finally did. =D I'm happy for him and I really like how stephenie played his character out now and I really appreciate it, now. =D

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

the final bella/jacob conversation in eclipse had me in tears. it was so sad!
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

midnight_fix
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by midnight_fix »

Lunna-san wrote:
Well, I restarted liking Jacob in BD. He was great in New Moon, but I hated him in Eclipse. Anyway, his future is something pretty obscure, don't you think, ladies? Because, the Cullen will have to leave Forks soon. Do you think Jacob would follow them? Because, as Bella said when she told him about their trip to Brazil, he has his own life in La Push. He has his father. And school. Or he'll keep his life in stand by while Nessie is growing?
There is no way that jake would just let Nessie go and stay behind. The way Stephenie describes imprinting is more than soulmates, like the object of the imprint is what ties you to the earth, etc. It would be impossible for Jake to not be with her...as bad or worse as it was for edward and bella to be apart. Besides when it came down to it, I don't believe bella or edward would ever take nessie away from jacob...they wouldn't expect him to stay behind.I believe jake would leave his family, his pack, his whole life to be where nessie was, she's more important than his own life.
Edward talks to me in my head.....they tried to give me medication for that but I wouldn't let them.
Alice-Is-Awesome
Wandering Through Town

Post by Alice-Is-Awesome »

lol this pic is awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome.. hahaha:lol: my friend has this pic in her locker

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2381/232 ... a9d6d4.jpg
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/url][/img]
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

[quote="Lunna-san"
Well, I restarted liking Jacob in BD. He was great in New Moon, but I hated him in Eclipse. Anyway, his future is something pretty obscure, don't you think, ladies? Because, the Cullen will have to leave Forks soon. Do you think Jacob would follow them? Because, as Bella said when she told him about their trip to Brazil, he has his own life in La Push. He has his father. And school. Or he'll keep his life in stand by while Nessie is growing?[/quote]

I am the opposite!
After eading Twilight I could tell that Edward really loved Bella so when he left I was devastated but I never lost faith in him!
The whole way through New Moon I was just waiting for Edward to return only thinkinf of Jacob as this sexed up teenager who fancied Bella!
It was only in Eclipse that it really showed how much Jacob really cared for bella and he didn't go about showing it in the most gentlemanly (spot the English girl :lol:) manor but I still gunned for them a bit!
I have never belonged to Team Edward or Team Jacob entirely but there were points when Edwards personality crossed the line from romantic into controlling and i loved the fact that Jacob was more liberal and wanted Bella to ahve fun as well as loving her!

Just a thought! anyone agree?
ImageEdward Cullen