Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Bella Swan Cullen #3

Post by Dovrebanen »

HOFJ, I see it as having to do with the vampire/werewolves. Jacob says: "That's my enemy in there." "We can't be caught on their territory." He doesn't mention that they hurt Bella, or that he thinks she should stay away because they hurt her. He is all about vampires being unsafe.
He needed to realize that it was not Bella's enemy in there. He was talking about how he feels about the Cullens, and not considering that they are people that she actually loves.
But when I said that he was being unfair, it might have been a bit of a harsh description. I guess I should call it lack of understanding. And Jacob being unfair was not really my main point. I was saying that Bella suddenly had the chance to meet the people that she had been missing for months. I think we and Jacob have to cut her some slack, and forgive her for not thinking about Jacob in that situation. She was so excited, confused etc.
And in the current situation I don't think it would have mattered if she explained herself. And it was also Jacob who left the truck, not really giving her a time to explain anything (not saying that she would if she had the time, but still..). All Bella had time to do was to try to make Jacob stop the truck and see that it wasn't Victoria.

So my main point is really that Bella did hurt Jacob. But she didn't do it intetionally, and I understand why she did it. She just couldn't stop herself from seeing the Cullens. And Bella does acknowledge that she hurt Jacob, but I don't see how she could have acted much differently in that situation, with Jacob being so upset about the vampires. He was in no condition to listen to any explanations, IMO.
I think who's decision it was,is important in this matter. It was not for Jacob to decide if Bella should spend time with the Cullens or not. I think in a way that Jacob was acting a bit like Edward in that situation. Just thinking about getting Bella out of there, and not considering what she wanted. I am sure he did it because he loved her, though.

This is Bella's thread, so sorry it this has too much Jacob in it. My point is that I understand why Bella acted the way she did in that situation, and that Jacob who had seen her miss Edward so much, should have some level of understanding for the way she acted. But I'll amend my statement about him being unfair, since that was an over the top statement :)
Diane..Posting at the same time. Sorry if I'm repeating some of what you said. Takes to much time to edit. I have to go to bed :)
The Dark Knight wrote:Yes there are many things she could have done besides drop everything and run of to her death...Let me see some rational thinds like. The Ba$*@%^ left me, so what. How about, you want me to save him after all he did. What about, What's he to me now, he hates me. Really there are so many things that are much more likely,,,

I just don't see it happening. He was about to kill himself. No matter what he did to her, she would never ever think about not helping. I see her response as rational. I really do. She loved him no matter what he did to her. And she couldn't let him die. Sometimes we love someone no matter what they do to us. And it won't matter if they don't love us back. That's what it was like for Bella. There could never be anyone else than Edward. And I think it has a to do with human instincts and compassion as well. If we have the power to save someone, most of us will try. Especially if we love that person.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

I believe when you truly love someone, whether you are with them or not, a part of your heart is theirs. So no matter what has pass between you, I can't see you wanting anyone that you truly love to die. Thats a simple way to look at it. :)
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Regardless of why Jacob was angry or whether or not it would have worked to explain herself, she owed it to him to try.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Regardless of why Jacob was angry or whether or not it would have worked to explain herself, she owed it to him to try.

She did try, and when you try and they wont listen then its time to let it go.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

No. He said something to the effect of if you get out of the car it's over and she simply said sorry and got out and ran inside. No real explanation, just an half-hearted apology. She's really a crappy friend unless you're related to Edward in some fashion.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:No. He said something to the effect of if you get out of the car it's over and she simply said sorry and got out and ran inside. No real explanation, just an half-hearted apology. She's really a crappy friend unless you're related to Edward in some fashion.

Well yo0 left out "Hey Calm down, Jake. It's okay. No danger, see? Relax then when when he asks she tells him she wants to go back. "Of Course" , I said, my voice blank with surprise at his question. Or course I wanted to go back.
and it goes on more than what you say above, and who is trying to control Bella? Edward or Jacob? Jacob is doing a pretty good job trying to right here, but he can't control his temper so he goes running off into the woods to phase. He knew that it wasn't Edward or Victoria but he still was trying to make Bella's choice of her friends and thats not a good friend . Maybe a good friend would have made sure it was Alice? Maybe a good friend could have held it together so he didn';t have to run off to phase? Just another place where Jacob can not control himself and when Edward comes back he is the one who is the controller. :) see both side of the coin,
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:No. He said something to the effect of if you get out of the car it's over and she simply said sorry and got out and ran inside. No real explanation, just an half-hearted apology. She's really a crappy friend unless you're related to Edward in some fashion.
" The headlights washed across the pavement, lit the front line of the black forest, and finally glinted off a car parked across the street from my house.
"Stop!" I gasped.
It was a black car--a car I knew. I might be the furthest thing from an autophile, but I could tell you everything about that particular car. It was a Mercedes S55 AMG. I knew the horsepower and the color of the interior. I knew the feel of the powerfull engine purring through the frame. I knew the rich smell of the leather seats and the way the extra-dark tint made noon look like dusk through those windows.
It was Carlisle's car.
"Stop!" I cried again, louder this time, because Jacob was gunning the truck down the street.
"What?!"
"It's not Victoria. Stop. Stop! I want to go back."
He stomped on the brake so hard I had to catch myself against the dashboard.
"What?" he asked again, aghast. He stared at me with horror in his eyes.
"It's Carlisle's car!! It's the Cullens. I know it."
He watched dawn break across my face, and a violent tremor rocked his frame.
"Hey, calm down, Jake. It's okay. No danger, see? Relax."
"Yeah, calm," he panted, putting his head down and closing his eyes. While he concentrated on not exploding into a wolf, I stared out the back window at the black car...
"There's a vampire in your house," Jacob hissed. "And you want to go back?"
I glanced at him, ripping my unwilling eyes off the Mercedes-- terrified that it would disappear the second I looked away.
"Of course," I said, my voice blank with surprise at his question. Of course I wanted to go back.
Jacob's face hardened while I stared at him, congealing into the bitter mask that I'd thought was gone for good. Just before he had the mask in place, I caught the spasm of betrayal that flashed in his eyes. His hands were still shaking. He looked ten years older than me.
He took a deep breath. "You're sure it's not a trick?" he asked in a slow, heavy voice.
"It's not a trick. It's Carlisle. Take me back!"
A shudder ripped through his wide shouders, but his eyes were flat and emotionless. "No."
"Jake, it's okay--"
"No. Take yourself back, Bella" His voice was a slap--I flinched as the sound of it sturck me. His jaw clenched and unclenched.
"Look Bella," he said in the same hard voice. "I can't go back. Treaty or no treaty, that's my enemy in there."
"It's not like that--"
"I have to tell Sam right away. This changes things. We can't be caught on their territory."
"Jake, it's not a war!!"
He didn't listen. He put the truck in neutral and humped out the door, leaving it running.
"Bye, Bella," he called back over his shoulder. "I really hope you don't die." He sprinted into the darkness, shaking so hard that his shape seemed blurred; he disappeared before I could open my mouth to call him back." (New Moon pp 379-380)

It was Jacob, not Bella, who hopped out of the car after Bella tried to convince him it would be okay. He never said it was forever and she never said sorry. In the end, they both hurt each other. I can't fault either of them in the moment honestly because he was hurt and she just needed to find out what was going on, why there was a Cullen in her living room. Hindsight however just keeps telling me that Jacob was being unfair to Bella, actually. He spent months seeing how badly she ached for her friends and family, seeing how badly being separated from them hurt her. To just expect that, in the very least, she didn't want an opportunity to find out what the hell was going on was unfair. A good friend would have walked in there with her and stood by her side, at least until the whole reason for them being there was figured out. If everything is all well and good and he still wants to take his pain and bail, fine. But he couldn't see past his own issues and he bailed on her. Maybe that's just my definition of a friend though; someone who loves you enough to see past their own crap and be there when you need them.

The Dark Knight wrote:Yes there are many things she could have done besides drop everything and run of to her death...Let me see some rational thinds like. The Ba$*@%^ left me, so what. How about, you want me to save him after all he did. What about, What's he to me now, he hates me. Really there are so many things that are much more likely,,,

No, I don't think there really was anything else she could have done. Just as Edward loved her enough to leave, she loved him enough to go after him and save his worthless hide whether he deserved it or not. Remember, "Love is never selfish". In Bella's mind, Edward may not have loved her, but she loved him more than anything, and it would have been selfish and spiteful and unloving to let him go through with it when all he needed to know to stop his craziness was that she was alive. When you love someone that much, the way you react to their words and behavior is usually completely lost to the outside world. And, it doesn't have to make sense to anyone else. To quote a wise wise woman, "love makes you do the wacky."
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Jazz Girl wrote:

No, I don't think there really was anything else she could have done. Just as Edward loved her enough to leave, she loved him enough to go after him and save his worthless hide whether he deserved it or not. Remember, "Love is never selfish". In Bella's mind, Edward may not have loved her, but she loved him more than anything, and it would have been selfish and spiteful and unloving to let him go through with it when all he needed to know to stop his craziness was that she was alive. When you love someone that much, the way you react to their words and behavior is usually completely lost to the outside world. And, it doesn't have to make sense to anyone else. To quote a wise wise woman, "love makes you do the wacky."[/color]
Ok then, here's a question, who's love is more strong, Edwards or Bella, Pure and correct?

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Dovrebanen wrote:
[/color]
I just don't see it happening. He was about to kill himself. No matter what he did to her, she would never ever think about not helping. I see her response as rational. I really do. She loved him no matter what he did to her. And she couldn't let him die. Sometimes we love someone no matter what they do to us. And it won't matter if they don't love us back. That's what it was like for Bella. There could never be anyone else than Edward. And I think it has a to do with human instincts and compassion as well. If we have the power to save someone, most of us will try. Especially if we love that person.
This is the same agrument that I heard from a few women that are in hugely bad relationships, you know the wife beater is still the love of my life...It just does not hold water??? There is no rational thought in her for me...delusion and self destruction maybe???I still don't get it...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

The Dark Knight wrote:
Dovrebanen wrote:
[/color]
This is the same agrument that I heard from a few women that are in hugely bad relationships, you know the wife beater is still the love of my life...It just does not hold water??? There is no rational thought in her for me...delusion and self destruction maybe???I still don't get it...
Well DK, Have you ever looked at Edwards and Bella's relationship as them together and the bad part of the relationship was outside unforseen forces? I don't think Edward and Bella together when they were together were in a bad relationship. It only turn bad when Jasper, Edwards brother per say tried to attack her. Now how many relationships have problems with their families? How many couples break up, and then find a way to work it out? If Bella felt that the relationship was so bad, I do not think she would have been strong enough to leave, like Edward did by putting her before his wants and needs. Edwards and Bella's issue are just small compare, to most people who do not make it. Edward and Bella being new to having someone to love and care, about made mistakes and I feel by their mistakes it only made their relationship stronger, by overcoming the obstacles in their way. If you can find the perfect couple, who from the very begininng of their meeting each other, had not difficulties in communication, friends, family or a lot more than that, then they must be one in a million because everybody has problems, and most come at the begining when getting to know that other person.