A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Port Angeles

Post by vampirechick101 »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?

umm I had some idea that Edward was going to be involved but I was not sure when or where :D

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?

Yes I was worried for Edward and Bella. Edward becasue he might attack her then be miserable but then the rest of the book wouldn't make sense. Bella well for the same reason for being attacked . :D

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?

I was not surpriced because he had to tell her sooner or later. No I would have never guessed that was his gift.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?

umm I don't know I thought that maybe she had something in her mind or that Edward was just faking not being able to read her mind :D

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?

No, it didn't concern me I thought it was cute because it shows he really cares for her. :D
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
(E.C.Is.Mine)
Wandering Through Town

Post by (E.C.Is.Mine) »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?
I remember the first time reading this, I was soooo worried. I also thought that Edward would come in the nick of time, I just knew it.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?
I wasn't worried for either of them. Althouh i remember the first time i read it i thought Edward was a biiiittt scary, i wasn't sure if he was going to do something or not.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?
YES! I was rrrreeeaaalllyy surprised. I also had an idea before that that it was his secret, but still, when he told Bella just straight up like that, it surprised me.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?
I had no idea, not the slightest clue.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?
When he admitted that he followed her i was like, "Ok, thats a bit stalkerish" but of course my opinion has changed.
Suffering from bad cases of OCD and OBD.

Check out my fanfics. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1699752/omf ... s-my-lover
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time? When she didn't go into the book store I thought that something was coming. I knew that she was going to find herself in some kind of trouble. I knew that Edward would save the day, but I didn't know far it would go, before he showed up.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?I wasn't afraid of him. I knew that he was tyring to do the right thing. He had to make sure that Bella was safe first and foremost. I also think that he didn't want to scare her with his actions if he had stayed and dealt with the men[/color]

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret? Yes, I thought okay, why now. Why did he give it up so easily?

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book? I was thinking that maybe she had a secert power too.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off? No, I don't think of him as a stalker, but more of a protector. He was falling in love with her and was drawn to her. Haven't we all gone to place, just because we knew we would run into someone
MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

I worried about her safety when she thought she lost them and then they cornered her in that alley. I did think Edward would show up eventually but I was still scared for Bella
This will sound weird but his reaction made me fall in love. He was this strong protector type that was saving her then he all of sudden needed her to save him from himself. I wasn't even afraid of him. I wasn't worried for Bella either.
I was surprised, but I guess he couldn't really hide it from her any longer since he basically gave up his secret when he knew where exactly to find her. I did not guess what his secret was.
I just didn't think he wanted to be in her mind that badly so he tried to stay out of it.
5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?It didn't concern me that Edward kept a close watch on her. I just brushed it off. I thought it was romantic.
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

I was worried for her before she even noticed them, when she decided to go looking for another bookstore, i was thinking 'this can't be good'. yes i did think Edward would come, but i thought he would have come earlier.

Umm actually i thought it was ....extremely sexy. Because i knew he was furious with those men for even thinking about hurting Bella that way. I wasn't afraid of him, nor was I worried for Bella, because I saw how much he cared for Bella and even though he found her...umm appetizing... I don't think he would hurt Bella.

Not really, because he really did notice that Bella was observant, despite him saying that she was extremely unobservant, and I figured that he would rather want to tell her the truth than keep lying to her.
Yes, i had already figured out his special talent.

It was the same as Bella's, that she was on a differnt wave length than everyone else.

No, i thought it was really sweet, because it showed how much he cared for Bella.
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

I was concerned a little bit when she saw them looking at her and following. I wasn't sure if Edward would come because I wasn't quite sure how he was with her at that time.

No, I wasn't afraid of him. I thought it was quite romantic in a dangerous way. It just showed how much he really cared for Bella and that was great!

Maybe a little, but not completely. I mean he knew Bella was observant, and he wouldn't be able to keep it from her for long. I had no idea really what his secret was.

I didn't really have a theory. I thought maybe she was just special. But no real idea..

I thought it was cute and romantic. He was kind of like her knight. I mean I think most girls would love to have someone who cares about you that much and is protective of you. But maybe thats just me :)
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
EmeraldLace
Settled in Forks

Post by EmeraldLace »

Oh, I was worried when the second set of thugs showed up at the end of the street when she was trying to get away from the first.
I thought it was sweet, really 'hot' if you will. :) I wasn't afraid, nor worried for Bella.
No, I hadn't guessed it was his power, I wondered why he could tell her that but not that he was a vampire...kinda defeating the object there...
She's on FM and he's only receiving AM or vice versa. ;)
Brushed it off, coz it's Edward! Not Mike or Tyler, Edward.
*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

I started worrying when she started going down the opposite way from the traffic.

He was like a night in shining armor. I wasn't afraid for Bella at all.

Yes, I was surprised he admitted it so quickly. No, I hadn't guessed that was his secret. But I knew it would be something impressive. That it is...

I don't know if I necessarily had a theory, but I thought that it was the reason he became so attracted to her..

It didn't concern me at all. I just shows is personality and how much he cares for her. To me, it was very endearing.
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
Sturpherz
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sturpherz »

I had some idea that he would show up, but it did not ease the suspense! I was sitting on the edge of my seat, almost the entire time!

No, and no, I figured he was upset and just need to have help coming down. I found it quite romantic in a wired way.

I was a little surprised that he was so willing to spill his guts but I could sympathies.

I thought it was because she was the holder of some kind of key, or power.

I didn’t find anything wrong with it, but I am sure most girls would agree that having Edward Cullen as a stalker wouldn’t be a bad thing. = )

I thought he was just curious and protective.
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

> i was never worried.. it's edward's instinct to save bella wether he likes it or not.. :)

> i actually admired him of his self control.. not killing the bad guys and not sucking bella's blood..

> i think his ability was never a secret..

> bella's special.. that's why edward fell for her.. honestly.. i really don't knw.. what i can say is that's one of the main reason why she has gotten edwards attention..

> nope.. not at all.. edward thinks there's something with bella he cannot explain.. and stalks bella to find the reason behind it.. :)
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!