A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 8 ~ Port Angeles

Post by Alphie »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?
Jenny
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Port Angeles

Post by Jenny »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?

I started worrying when she started going down the opposite way from the traffic.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?

Not afraid at all.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?

Yes, I was surprised he admitted it so quickly. No, I knew he was a vampire but I didn't know he could read minds.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?

I figured it had something to do with why he was so... "attracted" to her. Why his reaction to her was so strong.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?

No, I thought it was very sweet.
xx mycoldangel xx
Settled in Forks

Post by xx mycoldangel xx »

Yes, i was so scared they where going to hurt her. Edward appearing was so surprising to me, but i loved it :]

No way! I thought his reaction was sooooo sweet. And i knew he was mad at the guys, not bella.

I was surprised he told her so quickly, and i had no idea that this was his secret.

I thought it was because like she had said earlier in the book, her mind doesnt work like everyone elses.

I loved it! He was like her knight in shining armor. I kept going awww every time he would say something adorable.
clariissaa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by clariissaa »

When they started talking to her and calling her, I was like "Okay now you run for life ". I had no idea Edward was coming.

No. How can you be afraid of Edward? He was so mad at the guys, it was almost cute.

Cheyeah. I got all this information thrown at me. But he probably guessed that he would have to tell her someday so why not now.

Bella is special. That's what fascinates Edward because he never meet anyone like her.

No. If it was anyone but Edward it would be creepy. But he cares about her. How do you not love him? And she needs someone watching her 24/7.
Twilight_girl15
Wandering Through Town

Post by Twilight_girl15 »

when she started to waik away from the most populated area. and when i saw the car on the side of the road i was like well maybe Edward will make an apperince

well i wasnt really afriad of him but i was a little apprehensive of what would happen next but i wasnt afraid for her

I dont think i was really that surprised that he told her that quickly because she had already started to ask questions. no i didnt think that was his secret but i did think he was a vampire

that she had a very closed mind and wasnt like everyone else

i didnt have concern for her because she did already get in trouble and almost got killed so i think it was more of a precoction on his behalf then being a stalker well no i didnt look at it as her being stalked but more cute so to say
Just when you think things can't get any worse.....they do.
But....I've learned that life is like hour glass sand.
Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom,
but all you have to do is be patient and wait
for something to turn everything around.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

As soon as she glanced over her shoulder and saw the men following, I got concerned for her. I had no inkling that Edward would show up, but I thought it would be awesome if he somehow saved her.

I couldn't tell if his reaction was because Bella specifically in danger or because the whole situation was a mess. When he announced that he was trying to keep her alive, I knew there was more to it than just him being a 'good samaritan'. :) And I was definitely NOT afraid or worried for Bella. Edward's amazing.

I was a little surprised that he admitted to it so easily, and I hadn't even thought that he might have extra 'powers', so no.

The first time I read the book, I thought it was a sign of some kind that they were supposed to be together. Call me crazy. I thought it was something that would show that Edward would have to trust her and that Bella would have to trust him enough to let him know what was in her head without him reading it.

Nah, I didn't see it as stalkerish. Though it was weird that he had followed them to Port Angeles, let's face it: in a town with 7 vampires, who knew what else could be around there. haha.

Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
gordonfan08
Wandering Through Town

Post by gordonfan08 »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time? I was worried for Bella's saftey the moment she went off alone. I was hoping that Edward would show up, but I wasn't certain that he would.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella? I thought Edward's emotinal reaction was quite normal actually. I was never afraid of Edward or worried for Bella's safety with him.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret? I was surprised that he revealed such a shocker so quickly, and I had not guessed that was his secret.

I felt that Bella's thoughts were blocked from Edward's mind because he was so blindsided by his feelings and adoration for her.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off? I just brushed it off I guess.
lalilin
Settled in Forks

Post by lalilin »

From the beginning when the thugs had started to pay their attention to Bella I knew that she was going to be in some kind of trouble.

I didn't think it was frightening at all...if anything I thought it was kind of sweet because he's looking out for her and yeah he was mad that she didn't keep her promise to try and stay safe but after everything he would still do anything to keep her safe.

I was surprised that he admitted it so quickly and I didn't think that that was going to be his special ability.
For the whole time of his existence he was never been more attracted to anyone as he has been with Bella so there was definitely something "special" about her so I assumed whatever that may be would have something to do with the fact that he can't read her mind.

I never thought of it in a stalker way...at first I thought he was being a little too much overprotective thinking she can't take care of herself but she kind of proves that point throughout the book that she can't protect herself. So with the way that he kept on keeping an eye on her I thought it was so sweet because he probably wouldn't of done that for any other human.
twilighter4eva
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilighter4eva »

When there were no more street lights, and she figured out they were "herding" her. I had no idea that Edward was going to show up, but even though it didn't say who it was at first, i knew who it was.

I knew there was something going on, but i wasn't afraid of him. Because he had saved her, so i figured, he couldn't be all thta bad, right?

I was surprised, but I think Edward thought Bella would probably figure it out anyway. Which she did. I would never have guessed that was his secret, unless i read Midnight Sun first. Seeing as it isn't even out yet...

Because her mind is very private, like it says. Also, because she's such an independent person. She takes care of Charlie, takes care of Renee. Plus Renee is always saying about how she's like a forty year old, maturity wise.
She doesn't like people getting into her head, because she's very shy, at first, also.

I though t he was being slightly overprotective, but now that i know his reasons, it doesn't seem that way to me.
"Uh, I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can google it."- Edward

"How do we even know she's Italian? Her name's Bella."
TwiguyEC
Settled in Forks

Post by TwiguyEC »

Right away I was worried, but as she delayed them and this part became prolonged I started to think of other options and by the time she realized she was being herded I was fairly certain that Edward would intervene.
I wasn't worried or frightened. I thought at this point due to Edwards reaction, he was having difficulty keeping secrets from Bella and his reaction was a slip in his normally calm perfect human act.
No. I think this was what he really wanted, to tell her everything, but he wanted to wait for her to figure it out so he wasn't betraying his family and breaking the one vampire law. Yes, I thought this was Edward's talent because he can "read" everyone else's face except for Bella when she is supposed to be really easy to read and everyone else isn't as easy.
I didn't really have any solid ideas, but I thought it might have something to do with the connection they had... I was wrong lol.
I didn't brush it off, but I didn't think of him as a stalker. given his situation it seems very reasonable. When you are as all knowing as Edward when you find something totally new you want to investigate, at least I would. It also helps when the new novelty is also a gorgeous girl who you find yourself attracted to not only for her looks and her "scent" ,but for her personality.
The smell of her blood saturated every particle of air in the tiny, hot room. My throat burst into flames.
-Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun