A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
<3_my_Edward
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Port Angeles

Post by <3_my_Edward »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?
I was worried the whole time, even after she thought the two behind her were slowing down. I was surprised when Edward showed up but I was very happy.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?
I was happy that he was being so protective over Bella, I wasnt' scared of him or worried for Bella.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?
I was a little surprized that he told so quickly, but I liked that he was finally being truthful.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?
I agreed with Edward, I just thought her mind was just like on a different frequency or somthing, but I only thought that was becuase of Edward. I didn't think it was going to be the same with other Vamps.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?
No, I just thought it showed how much he cared about her. He was doing everything within his own power to keep her safe.
"...I knew I was eager to get to school because I would see Edward Cullen. And that was very, very stupid." ~Bella
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?
I was worried right from the second that she left Jess and Angela. If anyone could manage to get into trouble anywhere, it's Bella; add in her being alone in a place she doesn't know in increasingly dark weather and backalleys, and there's your recipe for disaster. I knew that Edward would jump in before anything really bad happened, though.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?
I completely understood him. I wasn't afraid of him or worried for Bella, but I was kinda disappointed that he didn't go after them and make them pay, to be honest.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?
I spoiled Twilight for myself by reading Dark High Noon before I read Twilight, so I already knew that he could read minds. I was surprised at how quickly he spilled his secrets, though.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?
I had no idea, in all honesty.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?
Like Bella, I thought it was just sweet and flattering, if a little intense. It just showed how deeply he cared for her, and that he's a little prone to overreaction and overcaution.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

When they were following her, I got a little worried, and then when they trapped her, but Bella didn't really seem very scared, she was concentrating on getting away unhurt, I figured she would be all right. I also thought Edward would probably come save her, he has a habit of doing that.
I wasn't worried about them, I figured he was very dangerous and could easily hurt the others, but he was trying hard not to. He just seemed very very very very angry at them for what they were going to do to Bella. He can get pretty scary when someone is going to hurt her. I took this more as a good sign that he can control himself and how protective he is of Bella.
I'd kind of gotten the general idea that he had some kind of special talent, he remarks about it a lot and it wasn't really surprising. It was surprising that he was so willing to tell her, but she knows so much already about what he really is it would make sense for him to start trusting her and give up trying to stay away from her.
Uhm...I just figured it was some kind of little glitch..maybe something with her mind..I don't know. There didn't really seem to be a reason, it just seemed more convenient that he shouldn't know what she was thinking. Imagine what he would think if he did.
It seemed like stalking in a good way, I guess, it just seemed like he wanted to be around her and protect her, and he pretty much just had to. I wanted them to be together.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aliacullen »

i was worried baout her when they was following her. i knew something will not let it get that far because i cant imagine that someone writing about an experience like that.

i didnt feel anything really, i wasnt worried for bella now she was with edward. i dont find edward scary

he let it slipped alot that he could read minds. i was surprised that he told her that quickly and how he told her

i couldnt think of anything, its a mystery to me. i still properly understand why he cant

the first instint to me was he was a stalker but i did let pass since i wouldnt mind edward stalikng me
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

I started to get really worried when she realized she was getting herded. I had no idea she was going to get saved.

I wasn't worried for Bella once Edward got her away from the bad guys. I was a little afraid of Edwards super-violent reaction, but not as it related to Bella, just about what he would do about it.

Honestly, I can't remember if I knew that was his secret. I wasn't surprised he told the truth so quickly b/c Bella guessed it.

I can't remember if I had one or not.

It seemed a little... weird that he would follow her & stuff. But, it wasn't unwelcome from Bella's perspective, and it helped her out of a pretty serious situation so it turned out to be very positive.

Image Image Image
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

With Bella, I’m always a little worried when she goes off by herself. What if something happens to her. We lose some of the best romance ever.

I was afraid of him, but not from Bella’s point of view. I was afraid of him for the rest of the world. He’s one scary dude when he wants to be. And he tried so hard not to be for Bella, but it just wasn’t happening.

I wasn’t entirely surprised with the mind reading thing. I wasn’t surprised he told Bella so soon. I was more surprised that she was just figuring it out. I would have starting thinking about that as soon as he called her Bella. And then when they had lunch together the first time and he made the remark about Mike coming over and breaking them up.

I had a feeling that they were designed for each other. Edward had the reactions that made Bella think, and Bella’s brain made Edward learn things. He was out of touch with reading humans and then Bella comes along and he has to be able to read her.

No. I think that he knows that she is a klutz. He knows she could get hurt. So I’m not gonna say he was stalkerish. He was just watching out for her from a safe distance.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
molsonsnobunny
Settled in Forks

Post by molsonsnobunny »

i figured hed show up, since he had shown up in the nick of time before

not for bella, he seemed to want to protect her.,i seriously thought hed go back...

yes, and yes and no, i kinda got that he he could get in peoples heads, or that he could just read people.

i had no idea. but i thought it was pretty awesome she couldnt be heard.

stalker alert
bella+edward4eva
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella+edward4eva »

1- I really had no idea what would happen. i was definetly concerned and didn't expect Edward to show up. I thought that she might actually have to fight them off. I was glad that Edward came though. :D

2-i thought he was overreacting a little bit.

3- i thought it was weird that he told her . even if it was in a secluded part of the resturaunt, still. i though he would tell her in a more private place. i didnt guess that he could read minds.

4- idk. i just though she was lucky.

5- i thought it was a little weird. he only just met her and he's like, already very protective. i didn't have any idea about how much he really needed her.
FYI-TWILIGHT ROX!!!!!!
Kaitlyn8
Settled in Forks

Post by Kaitlyn8 »

I was so freaking scared for Bella I thought something really bad was going to happen. But then i thought when she was recovering he would come to her side or something.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?i didnt really think bella was in danger he wasnt freaking out because of her she wasnt the one he wanted to kill. i think she was safe with him.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret? i think he realized he could trust her. no i never guessed that i dont really think i had a theory

mine was the same as edwards with the whoole AM, FM frequency thing

well it was pretty creepy how he was watching her but it was for her safety so that was cute and changed my feelings
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time? From the minute she saw them I knew they were going to fallow her. I was totally surprised and relieved when Edward showed up

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella? I understood his rage I was not afraid or worried about Bella.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret? I was a little surprised that he let it slip. I think that he was so upset that it just slipped out when he said if you would heard what those guys were thinking. He didn't mean to tell her. I had just thought he had followed them there not that he could hear thoughts.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book? I thought that they were destined to be together and this sealed the deal for me. They would not have been able to be together if he could have heard her thoughts from the beginning.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off? He did not seem like a stalker to me he was drawn to her like she was to him. He had a gut feeling that something would happen he went to keep her safe.