A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
peacelovetwilight
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chapter 7 ~ Nightmare

Post by peacelovetwilight »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?
I like a number of Linkin Park's songs although they are not one of my favourite bands. I think that it shows Phil is quite young since he appears to have quite a modern taste in music.

2. In Bella's nightmare, did you think Bella was in danger, if so from whom?
I thought Bella was in danger from Edward. When he was beckoning her towards him and showing his teeth I thought he was going to attack her.

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?
No I wasn't nervous at first. However when Bella pointed out the similarities between her dream and her current situation I started to feel a little bit on edge.

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?
No I didn't. When she said she had the feeling that she was no longer alone I assumed she meant that she could tell Charlie was back home.

5. Did your impressions of Renee and Charlie change at all this chapter?
I started to feel a little bit more annoyed with Charlie because he appeared to be leaving Bella alone a lot of the time. Even though Bella apparently likes being alone I couldn't help feeling sorry for her.
Like a stalker. An obsessed stalker. An obsessed vampire stalker- Edward Cullen
Edward Cullen used to be my ideal guy. Then Robert Pattinson came along. Now Edward's number two.
you.are.my.heroin
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?
I love Linkin Park, so Phil's taste must be good

Yeah, Ja...i mean the wolf

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?
Yeah she could get hurt

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?
Yeah

Renee loves Charlie as a friend but Charlie is still in love with Renee
**Kathryn**
keds723
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by keds723 »

I don't really like Linkin Park too much, and I'd say that Phil has a pretty interesting taste in music.

I didn't think she was in danger too much, but I thought Edward wasn't the bad guy! I thought Jacob and Mike were just trying to protect her from what THEY thought was dangerous. Edward said trust me and good thing she did. Because he's cooler, duh.

No, I wasn't too concerned.

Not at all. I didn't think he had a reason to and there wasn't anything that would tell me that Bella thought that either.

Erm...no?
<3_my_Edward
Wandering Through Town

Post by <3_my_Edward »

I don't particularly like Linkin Park but I do think it definitely shows that Phil is a younger guy.

I thought that she was scared of Edward, but I didn't think that she was in danger.

No, because that's the kind of thing I do when I need to think or I'm anxious.

I hoped that he was :).

No, not really too much. Both of their characters were becoming more clear though.
"...I knew I was eager to get to school because I would see Edward Cullen. And that was very, very stupid." ~Bella
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

I love Linkin Park. It kind of amuses me that Phil would pass on the CD to Bella, who listens to music like Debussy, and think that she'd like it. And it amuses me that Bella actually took the CD to Forks with her. I could imagine her telling Phil and Renee how much she liked it, and how unconvincing she'd be with lying. Though maybe Phil knows her better than she thinks, seeing as she did end up liking the band.

I thought she was in danger from Edward; not the real Edward, but the Edward in her dream, inspired by Jacob's stories.

Not until Bella started to get nervous, at the end, when she was running looking for the way out of the forest. It would be so like Bella to have lost track of the way out and ended up following this path around the middle of the forest for hours on end.

Yes. But I'd already read Dark High Noon before I actually read Twilight, so maybe I had a bit too much inside information, lol.

Not really. I did think that Charlie's sweet side came out though, with Bella noting his old days as a young romantic.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Not really my kind of music. But I was just listening to some of it on youtube, and it's not that bad actually.
Edit: I borrowed their Live-CD Road to revolution from the library. And I really like some of their songs. At least 8-10 of them.
I think that Phil has a young taste in music, as he should, since he is relatively young himself (about my age actually).

I didn't think that she was in danger. Maybe that Mike and Jacob wanted her to believe that Edward was dangerous. But I just connected the whole nightmare to her talk with Jacob, and not something that would actually happen.

No, can't say that I was. Thought that the worst that could happen was her tripping over a fallen tree or something..

Maybe...When she said she had a feeling that she was not alone. But it was just a feeling I had.

No, they stayed about the same during the whole series I think.
Last edited by Dovrebanen on Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

I like Linkin Park, mostly their quieter songs, especially Leave Out All the Rest and Shadow of the Day. My brother has one of their CDs, Phil's taste is probably a lot like Stephenie's.
I didn't really think she was in danger at all, I never thought that Edward would hurt her because he would have by now, and he's in love with her. He isn't much like the traditional kind of vampire Bella dreamed about, and she knew that he obviously wasn't a monster she should be afraid of.
Not really, I didn't think that she would be in danger, I figured maybe Edward would show up, but that's a good thing. She just needed to go think things over, and it would make sense for her to be alone.
NO!!! I never thought he might actually be stalking her, when I read Midnight Sun, it was so cute how he followed her everywhere.
Not really, I never really got a different impression of them throughout the series, they don't really change much.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aliacullen »

i think that phils taste has very good taste in music. linkin park is a good band

i idnt think bella was in danger because if her dream since it was just a dream

yes bit i would feel nervous for anyone to walk in the forest by themselfs

no idea. i think midnight sun was so clever that he was

not really renee childish and charlie like any other father
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Um... I only know a couple of their songs. I can't believe she fell asleep listening to them! Phil obviously has very young taste in music.

Hmm... I thought kind of the point of the nightmare was that we weren't supposed to be able to tell who she was in danger from. I guess it seemed like she was more in danger from Jake (in the dream).

A little. The woods seemed really creepy & dark & Bella is pretty clumsy.

Nope. I had no idea about the secret stalking until Edward told us about it later in the book.

Um. It seemed like Charlie was more in love with Renee than she was with him, and maybe still in love with him. Charlie does seem to work a lot.

Image Image Image
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Linkin Park… what can I say. It’s good music. They have to be one of the coolest bands. It shows Phil is so much younger than Renee and that he has really good taste in music.

I honestly thought Bella was in more danger with Mike and Jacob as she was with Edward. She knew he would never hurt her. If he wanted to, he would have done so by now.

Yes and no. I knew that nothing was going to come of it. But I was worried because I know how Bella is. She could have easily lost the path and then been royally screwed.

I didn’t think about it until she felt like she wasn’t alone. Then I was like well someone could be out there. And if someone is out there, maybe it is Edward. But why would he be there?

Renee not so much. Charlie, a little. I saw him become more of a father. He’s awesome
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy