A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
molsonsnobunny
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 7 ~ Nightmare

Post by molsonsnobunny »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?
i like linkin park.. they dont have alot of bad songd

2. In Bella's nightmare, did you think Bella was in danger, if so from whom?
i never precieve dreams more than that, but i also figured since it was in a book, theres some significance of it.

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?
I thought somethings gonna happen, but wasnt sure what.

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?
i didnt pick up on it, till she said she didnt feel like she was alone.

5. Did your impressions of Renee and Charlie change at all this chapter?
No
Kaitlyn8
Settled in Forks

Post by Kaitlyn8 »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?
Linkin Park is one of my favorite bands so i was happy to see that they were actually in the book. I think Phil has amazing taste in music.

I thought she was in danger from edward because of all of the details and what happened in the last chapter with jacob

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?
No not really. I dont really think of her safety until something bad happens

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?
Hmmm in never really thought that before but it kind of makes sense that he would have been
they still care alot about bella but bella talked about them like 20 years ago then they seemed more carefree
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD? I love Linkin Park and Phil must have good taste in music

2. In Bella's nightmare, did you think Bella was in danger, if so from whom? I was mad not scared I wanted Jacob to let her go Then when he turned to a wolf and jumped at Edward I was scared for Edward.

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone? No then she said something about the birds being silent and I started to worry.

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen? Yes she said she felt like she was being watched

5. Did your impressions of Renee and Charlie change at all this chapter? I thought Renee was being crazy. Then after thinking about it I gave her a break. It must be really hard for her not having Bella around. So my views about her changed a bit. Charlie's just trying to be dad like with absolutely no idea how to do it.
ljayney
Settled in Forks

Post by ljayney »

I used to like linkin park but would rather imagine her listening to something like kings of leon

I didnt think she was 'in' danger just in danger of loosing Edward

Not really just thought edward maybe around when the animals went quite

Deffinately it felt like he was watching her and especialy when he said he got home earlier

No still think they should get back together, i feel sorry for charlie
Lirpa
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lirpa »

I love Linkin Park, they are one of my favorite bands. Phil's got some good taste in music!

I never thought she was in danger, not from this dream at least. I just figured it was a dream. It was not until later that I understood that foreshadowing in Bella's dreams and nightmares.

Yes, because I thought she would get lost or hurt, not hurt by someone or something, but more that she would trip and fall.

It did not come to mind until she felt like she was not alone. Then I was sure that she was being watched.

No not really.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
"Because only a vampire can love you forever."
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

rock on!! good taste!!

i thought she was in danger from edward. at this point i trusted jacob more.

a little it was strange for her to do after her nightmare.

no, i think she was hallucinating.

not really, i still thought of them as good parents towads bella.
Betting on Alice.
kayAlicekay

Post by kayAlicekay »

Well, I like some Linkin Park songs. I don't hear a lot of blaring and screaming as Bella puts it.

Well, I thought Bella was in danger from Edward and Jacob. This part kind of revealed to me, after lots of thinking, that Edward is a danger to Bella. I thought that she was in danger because of the bared fangs and the wolf in the place of Jacob. You don't know at this point that Jacob is a werewolf, so if your thinking from the Bella at twilight POV, then Bella isn't really in danger from Jacob, but the wolf.

Well, after having that nightmare, I was a little nervous, but not very much.

No, I don't think so.

For Charlie, no. He still seemed like the guy who doesn't really know Bella, and he didn't really care. For Renee though, she seemed like she really did care about Bella. Even though it was kind of in a nagging way, it was obvious to me now that Renee cares.
KayKay Peace Live Laugh Love TWILIGHT!
Team Alice - Seeing the future since 1901 - Shopper Team Rosalie - Every Rose has its thorns
Team Renesmee - Not the Loch Ness
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

I don't have anything to say about them. It's a band I don't listen to.

From Edward. As wrong as it sounds, I thought she was having a dream about him biting her or something like that.

Not really. I had the thought that maybe she was gonna run into Edward, but I wasn't sure.

No, I had no idea. Until I read the Midnight Sun draft, I knew.

Not really.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I like Linkin Park so obviously I like Phil's taste in music.
I didn't know who but I knew it couldn't be from Edward.
Yes and no b/c we all want to clear our heads somewhere.
I did suspect and got my answer when reading the partial draft that shall not be named.
NO
Banner by TammyAZ
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

I personally like Linkin Park.. they're one of the more "heavier" bands that I actually enjoy. I'm not surprised Phil likes this kind of music, since he is much younger than Renee.

Mike seemed like Bella was in danger of Jacob and then Jacob seemed like Bella was in danger of Edward. I don't feel like she was in danger, but it seemed maybe SM was trying to make Edward seem like the scary one because of his fangs.

No..if anything because I thought she might get lost lol. I feel Edward has showed her he doesn't want to harm her.

No, not really. Because unless you've read Midnight Sun, how can you really tell that he's basically stalking her? I did like how she mentioned that when she opened her window "surprised when it opened silently, without sticking, not having opened it in who knows how many years". I didn't pick up on that the first time, that perhaps Edward was sneaking in her room! I wasn't very observant lol

I liked how Charlie explained to Bella that he had been feeding himself for 17 years.. but she still told him what to eat and where it was going to be.. and then left a note before she left