A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Re: Chapter 7 ~ Nightmare

Post by Venecettia »

1. I like many types of music. One group is Phil's. He seems to have good taste in music. But Beethoven or Vivaldi is nice evry once and a while.

2. I have no idea. A vampire, since I have read the book.

3. Yes. I hate going into woods alone myself, so I was worried for her.

4. Maybe. I don't know for sure when he started watching her.

5. Nope. I have always thought as them the same, my views just don't seem to change about them.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?

I love Linkin Park. Apparently Phil has an alright taste in music. But, I'd have to see his other CD's to make an informed decision! (LOL)

2. In Bella's nightmare, did you think Bella was in danger, if so from whom?

No, I didn't. She knows that none of them would hurt her. If she was in danger it would be from tripping over something in her dream!

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?

Not really. There seems to be at least one person (Edward) watching over her all the time.

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?

Not until the book said that she had the feeling like she wasn't alone.

5. Did your impressions of Renee and Charlie change at all this chapter?

Not really. I still have the impression that Charlie has the "I dunno what to do really" attitude and Renee is still more worried about Phil.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
Nostalgicmiss
Settled in Forks

Post by Nostalgicmiss »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?

I like Linkin Park and I actually thought that Phil was kinda cool for giving her the CD.

Funnily enough, I never considered her in danger, I assumed that she was projecting the 'Hollywood' version of the horrors she'd heard because she had nothing to compare it to. The Cullen's up to this point had guarded their secret, so Bella had no idea whether they transformed into the protruding fang stereotype out of the towns sight.

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?

Do you ever get the feeling you're being watched? I so get that feeling every time I read this chapter. I think I'm just paranoid because I expect things to jump out at her. It's just a little eerie to me. When I was a kid I lived close to a forest like that, the trees drew down into a valley and there was a river at the bottom, the ground was covered in ferns and moss. I got lost in it at night once, so thinking about Bella sitting alone, knowing that there were vampires in her world . . . it gave me the paranoid 'somebody's watching' feeling.

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?

Yeah, but only when she woke up . . . you know Charlie has just pulled up in the cruiser, yet she calls out. You know she got that feeling for a reason . . . I just assumed it was Edward, especially considering the sun was disappearing.

I don't think so, more than anything they always just seemed like parents.
Scandal is gossip made tedious by morality.
- Oscar Wilde
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

honestly i think the same think that bella thinks when she first listens to it, they have too much screeching and bass. now i just wonder exactly how old phil is =)

well the first time i read TWILIGHT, i didn't quite understand the dream at all, but after reading it again, i thought that bella was in danger from edward, and jacob (the wolf, even though she doesnt know it) was protecting her.

sort of, i thought that at least she would see edward there or something.

yes, i thought that the first time i read it. and then i read the first 12 chapters of MIDNIGHT SUN, and it turns out edward actually WAS watching bella! (p.s. you can go to stephenie meyer's website to read the first 12 chapters of MIDNIGHT SUN).

no...
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
Precious
Settled in Forks

Post by Precious »

Yes, read Edward's twilight. He was in the shadows until she feel alseep, then walked out into the sun to check out the book she was reading.

Page. 141, Compare Twilight to Edward's twilight.
Twilight: on page 141 Bella opens up the window and said this "I opened up the window - surprised when it opened silently, without sticking, not having opened it in who knows how many years.

page 153 of Edward's twilight, "I'd remembered oil this time, and the window now moved silently out of my way.

Timeline for this is, in between Bella's visit to first beach, her first meeting with Jacob and when she went for that little walk in the woods where she sat on the stump. (He later followed her scent out to the trunk)

Anybody else notice this? I think that Stephanie was planning to write Edward's twilight the whole time.

If nobody has read Edward's twilight that is posted on Stephenie's website, I highly recommend everyone reading it. It's about 11 chapters, she's not done with it.. hopefully she gets done.

I loved comparing the stories and tieing things together like this.
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

I actually didn't know that! I always wondered what CD it was! Thanks! :) Ummm, I think I would like to see what else Phil listens to!

No. If she was in danger from anyone, it would be Mike! :mrgreen:

Yes. I don't know why though...

I did have an idea.

Not at all.
ImageImage
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

mm, i have no beef with them, i actaually think some of their music is okay.

Dreams are dreams, only your imagination can harm you.

Yes, i'm like whoa, are you asking to get killed. I'm surprised nothing happened to her.

No, theres only so much i can take. Get a hobby edward.

Not really/
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

I love Linkin Park. I love the passion, the anger, the pain their songs exude. When I’m in a mood, I just crank them up and rock out until I’m feeling better. It surprised me to find out that it was Linkin Park and that Phil was a fan, but at the same time, it seemed like an indicator of Phil’s age and that he is younger than Renee. (But then again, I’m 36 and I listen to them…hmm…)

No, I didn’t think she was in danger. Edward was there to save her, and the werewolf (a great foreshadowing of Jake’s future transformation) was only after Edward, so really she wasn’t in danger.

Yes, as soon as Bella started second-guessing her decision to go out there. It especially seemed bad when she was psyching herself out with the vampire stories when she walked in the darkness of the forest. I psych myself out like that all the time. The mind is an incredible thing!

No, not at first, then I wondered about it. But at this point, I thought he was still out with Emmett.

No, not really.
viokagloring
Wandering Through Town

Post by viokagloring »

i actually used to be crazy about them in like 2003. since then ive calmed down haha. dont get me wrong i still like them. Phil probably has good taste in music then haha. according to me at least.

i didnt really think she was in danger. i thought it was more of a sign. it confirmed my suspicions that Jake was going to be a werewolf.

not really. whenever Edward was talking about it later on then i thought that maybe there was something out there waching her or something.

yeah! i had to annotate my book and whenever Bella felt like she wasnt alone i wrote in 'Edward?' haha. and i was right again.

Renee's did a little bit. the fact that she was freaking out because Bella wasnt answering her emails every two seconds made me think she really missed her. my impressions of Charlie didnt change until i read Midnight Sun. i always thought he was cool, caring and laid back.

...strong emotions can alter us in permanent ways.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I love Linkin Park. I think that their lyrics have deep meanings and their sound is very unique. I knew Phil was younger that Renee but when I found out Linkin Park was his favorite band I realized I'd probably been picturing him a little too old. I was originally thinking early to mid 30's and I revised my mental image to late 20's/early 30's.

No, I never believed Bella was in danger from either Edward or Jacob.

No, I also like to go into the woods alone to think so it seemed very natural. I never thought anything about it.

Definitely. I started to get the idea he was watching her when she went into the woods so when she woke up after reading Jane Austen and felt like somebody else was there, I took that as confirmation that I was on the right track.

Not much. I wondered why Renee would send so many emails but never pick up the phone to call Bella when she didn't get a response. But that didn't really change the way I felt about her as a whole.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/