A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
biteme21
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 7 ~ Nightmare

Post by biteme21 »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?

I really like Linkin Park's music. there a great band and Phile has awesome taste in music :D

2. In Bella's nightmare, did you think Bella was in danger, if so from whom?
Edward seemed to be the danger in the dream yet i couldnt bring myself to feel like Edward would hurt Bella. he was already so in love with her. he couldnt.

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?

I was nervous when Bella walked into the woods. It was so suspensful because you think something is going to happen to her, someone would come out and kill her or something.

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?
Yeah i had a suspicion that he was watching her. he was away from her to long, he wouldnt be stopped by the sun/

5. Did your impressions of Renee and Charlie change at all this chapter?

Not really they stayed basicly the same, throughout all 4 book suprisingly.
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?
I love Linkin Park so I have a feeling Phil and I would have the same taste in music.

I wasn't really sure.

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?
I was a little bit nervous. I thought something might have happened where she might have seen Edward hunting or something along those lines.

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?
At first I really didn't think so.

No, my thoughts pretty much stayed the same.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
TwilightRose1

Post by TwilightRose1 »

I really like Linkin Park.. I don tknow why more people don't like them. I am more of a dark person though so its just my style :) I did think it a bit odd that Phil was the one who gave her the CD... It seems like much more of a young adults band... but who knows.. they did mention Phil was younger than Renee.. maybe thats it

I didn't. I think its becuase I had begun to understand Meyer's writing style and that she wouldnt put Bella in danger in her dream idk why.. haha

Uhmmm I guess a little bit. I take walks in the little forest by my house and it gets a little spooky sometimes so yeah.. but I trusted Bella to not get in too much trouble ( surprisingly haha)

Oooo I never thought of that! Maybe!!! Thats still sort of weird to me. Sweet, but in sort of a little but of a creepy way.

Not really. My opinions of them didnt really change much throughout the books.. I guess im too focused on edward and bella. :)
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-linkin park's pretty good. im not really into that type of music, but i do like some of their songs. i thought phil must be young if he likes them.

-i wasnt really what the dream meant, but i remember i didnt think she was in any danger.

-yes! i was so nervous for her! but it turned out to be okay haha.

-i had an idea that he was watching her, only i couldnt be sure because there was nothing to prove or even suggest that he was.

-ehh, not really.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I personally like most of Linkin Park's songs. I think it's kinda ironic how one of their songs ended up in the Twilight movie. But, anyway, back on topic, I think that Phil's taste in music just shows how he enjoys what any teenage boy would anyjoy unlike most parents who stick to the music they grew up with.

Well, in the dream, I think it was supposed to be persieved as dangerous to get the fact that Edward was a dangerous creature through Bella's head.

I wasn't nervous exactly. More anxious. I thought that something really big was gonna happen. I was saddly disappointed though.

No, not at all. Though, after reading the first few chapters of Midnight Sun, I figured out her was.

No, not really.
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I personally love Linkin Park, but since they are a band for younger aged people I feel like it kind of shows how young Phil and Renee really are.

No, it was just a dream.

Kind of, it seemed like I was always waiting for something bad to happen.

At first I didn't but then I read Midnight Sun and I found out that it was.

Nope.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
alice_is_my_homegirl

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD? Linkin Park is pretty good, but they scream a LOT. I saw that Phil is one of those "I like it, so maybe she will too" kind of guys.

2. In Bella's nightmare, did you think Bella was in danger, if so from whom? Yes, from Jacob because I think that Edward wouldn't hurt her.

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone? A little. It was one of those "Don't open the closet!" moments.

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen? No, but the second time I read it I was like "He is totally watching her!"

5. Did your impressions of Renee and Charlie change at all this chapter?I saw Charlie more clearly.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

Linkin Park... I mean really? I personally think they have like... two or three good songs and that's it. But I don't know what to think about Phil. A baseball player who loves Linkin Park... haha. :)

I thought that Edward was putting her in danger. But then, as I thought about it, I thought it was the... idea of traditional vampires and the realization that she was "in love" with someone who wasn't human.

No. I always do that, so it seemed normal.

No.

I can't really remember, so I don't think so.
~Bee Marie
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

I like a couple of their songs but its not my type of music.

I didnt think she was in danger.

No, she was pretty close to her house so no.

No. I thought something else was watching her.

No. Still the same.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I actually loved the way Bella uses the Linkin Park CD in this chapter. There are very few bands of which I like all of their songs, and Linkin Park is no exception. But, for the most part, I like a lot of their music. As far as Phil goes, there are two ways you could interpret his gift. 1) He really likes Linkin Park (which would kind of bely his age) and he is trying to relate to Bella by sharing something he likes. 2) He's not as young as we are led to believe and is trying to impress Bella with Linkin Park.
No. I think this is the first hint we get of Bella's imagination. Though, later in the series, I started to wonder if she, too, had a bit of a gift for prophecy, at least through her dreams. ;)
No. Bella is used to being alone, but the house was so claustrophobic. I do that a lot myself, so it seemed pretty typical to me.
No. I actually love that sequence in MS. I love the juxtaposition of it. She's so lost in thought over him she can't even concentrate on a classic story she's read so many times. He's so lost in thought about her that he rushes home to watch over her, then can't resist the pull to see what she is so lost in thought over.
No, not really. They were reinforced some, but my impressions of Rene and Charlie have stayed pretty consistant throughout the series.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS