A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Melarian
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 7 ~ Nightmare

Post by Melarian »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?
There are songs by Linkin Park that I like and some that I don't like at all. It always depends on my mood and I think for Bella's mood that kind of music was perfect in that situation.
I thought that Phil had quite an interesting taste of music but I wasn't sure if he really knew what kind of music his stepdaughter usually listens to.

2. In Bella's nightmare, did you think Bella was in danger, if so from whom?
In the nightmare it seemed that Bella was in danger from Edward and the werewolf was trying to protect her, but I thought her dream was just a result of the research she had done and the stories she had heard. I was sure that in real life, she would never be in danger from Edward.

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?
No. Even though I thought it may not be a good idea to go out alone with all those thought spinning in her mind ( I was afraid she might go crazy...). On the other hand, I have made the experience that a walk in the woods can be quite helpful to sort your thoughts. I didn't think something would happen to Bella out there.

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?
No, I didn't expect him to be there.

5. Did your impressions of Renee and Charlie change at all this chapter?
No, for me they were pretty much the same as always.
Elsbyth
Settled in Forks

Post by Elsbyth »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?
I think that Phil's taste in music is indicative of his maturity level. Which means that he's a perfect match for Renee. I like some of Linkin Park's music but would never give it to my 18 year old goddaughter.

I think in Bella's nightmare her only danger was from knowing the truth and being unsure of how she would handle it.

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?
No, but we didn't know that Peter and Charlotte were in the area until MS was "released". So I didn't think there would be any danger since the only vampires in the area were supposed to be Cullens.

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?
I thought he might be watching her in some way, but didn't realize that he was in a tree above her.

No, my impressions of Renee and Charlie stayed consistent through all books. The only thing that changed was in MS when Edward reveals he can't really read Charlie's mind as well as he can others.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

i don't even know lol

i don't thin she was in danger actually

yes

no

no loll
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
MoonlitRose
Wandering Through Town

Post by MoonlitRose »

I, personally, don't like Linkin Park. They're not really my cup of tea.

Phil is, apparently, much younger than I originally thought. I'm shocked Renee would marry someone so much younger than she. The age difference and immaturity compared to myself would definitely get on my nerves.

Yes, I definitely thought that Bella was in danger, although I wasn't sure what was the cause.

A little bit, yes. It was so similar to her nightmare.

No, I didn't. It didn't even cross my mind.

Not at all.
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

I like some of there songs, but I don't really like them. I guess I don't think Phil has good taste in music at all.

I think I was half and half. I thought she was, and I also thought that she wasn't.

A little bit.

I had no idea.

Nope, not really.
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
SydlovesTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by SydlovesTwilight »

I love Linkin Park. I always have and I'm definitely loving their new stuff. Phil is really young, so he has a pretty close taste in music to Bella's age group. Excellent choice.

I didn't see her in danger at all. I dunno why not.

Yes! I was kinda freaking out mentally. I thought she was gonna see something she wasn't meant to see.

Yes I did. I knew he was around, yet I was still worried about her walking into the woods alone.

Um, Renee's did a little. I started seeing her as a more motherly figure.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD? I've only heard a few songs by them..."What I've Done" and "Shadow of the Day," and I LOVE those!! I think they perfectly fit a teen lifestyle. Phil's age isn't revealed in the books, so I think he's younger than I actually thought.

2. In Bella's nightmare, did you think Bella was in danger, if so from whom? I thought that Jacob and Edward were going to fight, and she would get hurt during that.

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone? Yes.

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen? Not at first. ;) But after he tells her later how he has watched her from the day she turned all the guys down for the dance, I knew he was there.

5. Did your impressions of Renee and Charlie change at all this chapter? I still feel that Renee wants to know every little detail in Bella's life, like she doesn't think that Charlie can take care of her. Charlie DOES love Bella, shown by his concern that she would be going to Port Angeles, an hour away, on a school night.
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

i just watched a thing with sm. she was talking about how she listened to linkin park the whole time and that their songs were good for the action scenes and i think that's very true. i myself like linkin park, not that much, but i definitely used to like them more when i was a little younger. and phil must be a cool guy. ha.

i dont think i thought she was really. i dont know why, i just really didn't.

well, bella being bella, not a very good idea. woods + alone = bad news, in basically like any book, movie, show, anything.

well, i had no clue at the time, now i know he was.

no, i love them both so there really was no change in the way i felt about them, ever.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?I love Linkin Park, Phil has good taste.

2. In Bella's nightmare, did you think Bella was in danger, if so from whom?Jacob is the danger.

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?Yes, I got super freaked.

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?Yes I do.

5. Did your impressions of Renee and Charlie change at all this chapter?No not really I'm very perceptive with book characters.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

I think Phil's taste in music is very pop, modern and a good one.

I think she was dreaming about vampires chasing her.

Yeah. She is a danger magnet afterall.

Probably.

Not really.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.