A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 6 - Scary Stories

Post by Twilove »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?i didnt think it was him i thought there was more vampires around and i was right

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?didnt really think much of it shes just one of those jealous girls Bella never did anything to her anyway

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?oh ya he definetly wasnt into sublety and i thought he was annoying right from the start and just went downhill from there

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?he prob just thought they were just that legands he wasnt turing into a werewolve yet so why would he believe in them

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?it crossed my mind so i wasnt shocked when i read New Moon
KaylaMarieBlack7

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
I was just wondering if he was just hiking and stuff, not camping.

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?
I didn't understand why Lauren would dislike Bella. Bella never showed any interest in any of the guys at the school. [well besides Edward].

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
I thought that Jacob Black was a really nice kid. Yeah I Guess I liked him. He seemed to be really friendly with Bella, not like the rest of the guys in the book. I didn't really get the sense that he was interested in Bella more than a friend.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
I guess maybe its because he is still kind of young. He doesn't really think that stuff like that could actually be true. And Bella is already thinking something is going on that is not normal. So she believes it.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
Will I expected them to play a role sometime.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
Galinda
Settled in Forks

Post by Galinda »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
Yeah, I did but then I just read on and forgot about that for a while :)

I thought she was just jealous and found her really annoying because of the way she was treating Bella.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
*cough* Well, I thought "Oh, nice, minor character who will have one long speech to explain something to the major character and then never turns up again." I never thought that Jacob would get such a big part in the further books :oops:

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
I guess it was just because he grew up with them being his childhood stories and believed them being simply that. I mean, we don't believe in the truth in fairy tales or mythology either...

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
Ah, no. At that point (Spring 2007) I didn't even know that there was more than just that one book.
The key to being beautiful is to hang around with really ugly people.
squeakmouse25
Wandering Through Town

Post by squeakmouse25 »

I knew that he was probably "hunting"... or doing something vampire-related. :lol:

ugh. i hate Lauren, just like you're supposed to. And i think Lauren is a mean girl name, so that fits :lol:
I liked him, i think he's pretty likeable right from the beginning. but he was such a minor character at that point so i didn't think about it that much. I got the hint that he liked bella by the way he acted when she pretended to flirt with him.

He hasn't really seen anything to prove the legends yet. Bella was already beginning to suspect that the Cullens were something other than human, so she believed it more easily.

Yeah, I did. because someone told me that there are werewolves. haha but I thought Billy would become a werewolf, I didn't really think about jake until new moon with the whole cult fiasco.
--Squeakmouse--
LizCA217
Settled in Forks

Post by LizCA217 »

It was pretty obvious what he was doing. I knew right away that 'camping' was code for hunting.

I felt that Lauren was a jealous brat. She was also a coward. She didn't even ask Bella if it was true that Tyler was taking her to prom.

Oh yeah, the crush on Bella was immediate and obvious and it made me love him. He was one of my favorite characters almost right away. He was so innocent and pure and sweet that it would be impossible not to love him. He served a great purpose in helping Bella figure out the truth about Edward.

Bella was hoping to find something to believe in. Jacob had no reason to believe the legends were true. He had no suspicions.

Absolutely.
amandaxcullen

Post by amandaxcullen »

I knew it had something to do with Vampire-ness, I'm sure, as a vampire, he wouldn't go up there to camp.

Jealous.

I thought he was a sweet kid ^_^

Because he's young and I guess who would guess that vampires ACTUALLY existed, ya know?

Not really, well not for Jacob as a wolf.
Team Jacob!
Because a space heater has more potential than a rock.
xxabbsxx
Settled in Forks

Post by xxabbsxx »

I wasn't surprised one bit. Actually, even before Charlie's story I was 95% sure that hunting was what they were doing there.

Eh, I really didn't think much about it. I know some people like that, and I don't even waste my time with them, they're not worth it.

Of course I got the sense that he was more interested than being friends! It's Jacob Black! But, I figured that he was a friendly teenage boy getting the chance to talk to a girl. I didn't overly like his feelings toward Bella, nor did I in the second book, but I eventually grew to love Jacob. I hated Jacob the first time I read the books because I was only interested in...Edward...hehe

haha because that what he thought they were...legends, and I wouldn't believe in a legend unless there was evidence. Bella had evidence...

Oh lord yes! Right when she said Jacob disappeared and there was a wolf in his place....and him talking about "wolf ancestors"...It was kind of obvious. For me at least! I rolled my eyes and kept on reading to part when Bella looks up "vampires" on the computer.
littlenudger
Settled in Forks

Post by littlenudger »

I wondered why Edward might be at a place that was not good for camping. I thought maybe he wanted to hunt like with guns..not so much with his teeth ;)

I thought Lauren should just go on and get over it.

I thought that JAcob was just a sweet kid who saw an older girl and liked what he saw. I think that he was being a typical boy and fliritng with Bella. But i also felt like maybe he wanted a new friend b/c he was over all the other girls on the rez.

I think that Jacob was skeptical of the legends because he had heard them all his life from the elders of the tribe and he might have just figured that it was just stories meant to entertain around a fire.

Yeah i figured that we would be seeing the werewolves in the books, but not as much as we did see them. But i like them in the books, it adds an extra somethin' somethin'
E<3B
Alice Cullen Quirkier than you since 1901
Yes, because a vampire slumber party is the pinnacle of safety conscious behavior.
MyHusbandIsMyEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by MyHusbandIsMyEdward »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there? I don't remember having a reaction to this the first time I read it, really.

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella? Don't we all know people like Lauren? Uh, what a meany!

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend? Yeah, but I didn't see it coming that he would play such a big role in the books.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did? Well, Bella had experienced the "cold ones" firsthand without realizing it; Jacob had never met the Cullens since they weren't allowed on the reservation.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books? No way! I was totally shocked! :P
"'I can't explain it right...but he's even more unbelievable behind the face.' The vampire who wanted to be good -- who ran around saving people's lives so he wouldn't be a monster..." -Twilight
Muse<3
Settled in Forks

Post by Muse<3 »

oh I knew that he was hunting animals at that point. I think I got the idea from "Interview with a vampire" when he was eating the rats blood, I realized they don't only have to drink human blood. So I knew that he was hunting.

ugh Lauren-.- don't even get me started. I hated her. haha

I loved Jacob! he seemed so nice and honeslty very simple and a very happy person... I kinda thought that maybe he liked her as a tiny little crush... but I never thought it would get THAT big in the books to follow at that point.

Because Jacob didn't see what Bella had seen and experienced From "Cullen" , plus he thought his dad was just kinda crazy... who would??

haha I know I know I'm slow, but no I did not. I mean I thought of the possibility... but they were Native americans at one point, and they always have crazy legends. As soon as New moon started and Edward left I knew Werewolfs were gonna be involved. But during this chapter I was so focused on Edward that I didn't even think about Werewolves.
Because Charlie's at the funeral
I'm sorry you have missed him, leave your number at the tone
and he'll get back to you
<3