A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 6 - Scary Stories

Post by Twilightlover101 »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there? To be honest i didn't think much of it, i just thought meh. It was only after i read it the secound time that i was like nuh-duh

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella? Well, I thought that Lauren ought to go dig a hole and bury her issues.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend? I thought, cool guy at first. Well I think that everyone saw that Jacob had very intimate feelings for bella.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did? Because he just isn't really that superstitious and he refuses to be scared silly by something that is supposed to be thousands of years old.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books? Well, it made it more acceptable when it eventually popped up.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
I figured Edward was hunting or doing some other vampire thing.

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?
I didn't give Lauren much thought. There are always catty girls like her and I just try to ignore them.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
He sounded cute and nice. He was someone I could hang out with. I did think that he was attracted to Bella because of the way he reacted to her flirting but I didn't think it was anything serious.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
Jacob seemed like a very down to earth kind of guy who didn't believe in the supernatural. He sounded ashamed of his father for believing the legends. Bella had more interaction with the Cullens, or at least Edward, and already knew that something wasn't right so she was more willing to look to the supernatural for an explanation.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
I didn't give it much thought at the time but I did realize that Jacob was going to be a werewolf long before he actually had his first transformation.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Sohini
Settled in Forks

Post by Sohini »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
Kinda guessed hwat was coming. i liked that part it was a very subtle interesting way to reveal the vampire habits.

I never gave much importance to her, she's one of those queen bee types. Annoying. Ignorable.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
First impression: stupid kid (haha)I got the feeling that I wasn't going to like him.
Like him: no. I disliked him right from the start.
3rd question: Yes, he was definitely more than let's-be-friends with Bells and he was so desparate from the start.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
He builds cars. That figures.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
Yes, cause vampires and werewolves are THE classical combination.
Actually...no, I could not see through the part. Never expected Jake would keep annoying me in the other books.

Don't get me wrong, wolves are cool. Seth is awesome. But not Jacob Black.
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

I really didn’t know, at first what Edward was planning to do at Goat Rock. I thought maybe he was really going camping with Emmett, or he was up to something vampire-related.

I didn’t like Lauren from the start and her behavior was unnecessary, rude and immature. She was a typical high school girl bully.

I really liked Jacob when he was introduced. I thought he was really sweet and quite “young” compared to Bella. I knew right away that he had a thing for Bella, and I was a little annoyed with her for leading him on like she did.

Jacob had been fed those stories all his life and had no real point of reference when it came to validating the truthfulness of them. Bella had a reason to believe, she had proof—to Jacob, they were old legends and fairy tales.

I wondered if they might appear, but never expected to see so many, nor did I expect Jake to be one.
viokagloring
Wandering Through Town

Post by viokagloring »

i knew exactly what the implied. i figured Edward and his family didnt drink human blood (how else could they be so interactive with them?) so they substitute with bigger animals. so 'camping' at Goat Rock made sense.

i didnt really give her much thought. she was just really annoying.

i thought Jacob was a little cutie! haha. it was cool to see that Jacob and Bella knew each other from when they were younger but didnt remember. i definately saw that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend. it was obvious!

i dont really know why Jacob didnt. whenever i was younger i believed in a lot of legends. so why didnt he? i think Bella was more open to them because she knew something was up with the Cullens and was looking for any explaination.

omygosh yes! i knew that there was going to be werewolves right when Jacob starting talking about it. and i knew he was going to be one of them. i was right again!

...strong emotions can alter us in permanent ways.
X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X
Wandering Through Town

Post by X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X »

I had a hunch, but I couldn't have been certain.

Didn't care. It never bothered me.

Aww Jacob! man he's so sweet! I loved him! he seemed a bit naive I have to admit but I still loved him! :) and Yes, I think everyone who read it knew he was interested in Bella as more than a friend xD

He's more stubborn and Bella knew something was different about Edward, so maybe she was more open-minded.

Funnily, no, not at all, well, actually, not until New Moon but in Twilight no. xD
It's not faith if you use your eyes.
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

I figured that they didn't drink human blood because they lived in Forks for 2 years already, and it seems like theres not a lot of people in Forks, and i didnt think they would be able to live there for so long if they drank human blood, soo i guessed they have to drink something else.

We all have a Lauren in our life, and i don't think any of us like her so I really didn't care, she is a minor charecter, and we don't hear about her much.

He was very young, younger than i would have thought. I liked him....at first. I think everybody thought that he liked Bella more than just a friend.

Because they were just stories to him, he never witnessed them, and he really never knew the Cullens. Bella had actually spent time with Edward, and she always stared at them, when she thought they weren't looking.

Ohh yeah. it made sense for there to be werewolves in the future books.
MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

I thought he was lying about where he was going.
I thought Lauren was super jealous of Bella because Lauren liked Tyler and turned him down because a Cullen displayed interest in her.
Yeah, I thought he was a friendly guy, what's not to like. Like every other guy (I sound like Kauren and Jessica lol), I did think he was interested in her as more than a friend.
Jacob was probably more simple and logical than most people and Bella saw some of the evidence.
Yes, only because I knew there would be werewolves from reading an article.
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

I don't think I thought much about it. Just Edward doing vampire things.

I didn't care. I just figured she was jealous.

I thought he was just a nice friend. I thought he had one of those younger kid crushes on someone older. I didn't think much of it.

He grew up with it. They were just stories to him.

I think I knew that from somewhere else, but didn't really think a lot about it.
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
EmeraldLace
Settled in Forks

Post by EmeraldLace »

No, I stay detached from the story mainly, Bella's narration leads me.
I just thought Lauren was a bit of a daffy tart. She'd get over it and if she didn't, why should Bella care?
Impression of Jacob Black...I can't remember and if I tried to now it would probably be biased because I've read the rest of the books and grown to hate him. Obviously he was interested. :roll:
Coz he hadn't met the Cullens or been saved by one as he lifted up a car in the same effort. :P
No, totally unexpected.