A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Forever Team Edward
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 6 - Scary Stories

Post by Forever Team Edward »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
I didn't think much of it until i reas futher in the book. I thought Maybe Edward had just gone away again like he had at the begining of the book.
2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?
I felt that Lauren should have taken the time to get to know Bella before she judged her. But i also thought that at least she wasn't pretending to like Bella.
3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
I really liked Jacob Black when he first came into the story. I got the sense that he was interested in Bella as more then a friend but i didn't really think much of it because i knew Bella didn't like him that way.
4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
I think Jacob didn't belive the legends because he has lived with them for so long it just seems like a folk story but Bella is suspious already of Edward and who or what he is she sees the truth in it.
5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
No that was a total shocker to me and then i felt like an idiot because if one of the stories was true what's to say that others aren't .
A Few of My Favorite Twilight Quotes and Pictures
E<3B
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
Yeah, a little. I mean, I already had a huge crush on him, so I wondered what he would be doing? I was going to miss him. I was mentally counting the days until Monday. :D

Ehh I honestly don't care. Girls are petty for the weirdest reasons, and no one can control that.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
Oh, Jacob. I always smile when I think about him. I thought he was a nice boy. I wanted him to be my best friend! haha wow. But anyways, I think that Jacob was just infatuated. Nothing more.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
I'm not sure. I think there's like an old saying about things like this, but I can't think of it. Someone reply to this and tell me please, it's really bugging me!

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
Not at all. I was mainly focused on the vampires.
~Bee Marie
bella+edward4eva
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella+edward4eva »

1-i figured it had something to do with edward.

2- ANNOYING!!!!!

3-i definently felt that he liked her alot it was kindo f obviose i didnt pay that much attention to him in twilight, but i hated him in new moon.

4-because he hadn't really met edward and he wasn't supertisios, until new moon

5-no i didn't have a clueit never really crossed my mind.
FYI-TWILIGHT ROX!!!!!!
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

I thought : vampire related/eating of some sort? I was still pretty much in dark.

Ugh. Well there is always someone that doesnt like you in highschool I suppose. I didnt think much of it. Lauren was jelaous of Bella.

I liked Jacob(not more than Edward though haha..), he seemed sweet and yes I knew he was looking at Bella as something more than friends.

Because he grew up with those stories and becasue he is fifteen and really where is the proof for him that the stories are real. Bella perhaps is more open to believe them because she met someone that is obviously different.

NO! I was truly surprised. :shock:
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?I was confused. I didn't know what he was doing up there.

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella? I thought that Lauren was jealous.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend? I thought he was sweet. It was obvious that he was interested in having her as more than a friend.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did? He thinks that it's stupid.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books? YES!
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I know some pretty extreme hikers. You know... the kind who think camping in bear infested woods would be a great adventure. I didn't immediately assume it had anything to do with lunch or supper, but, later, the thought of the boys hunting bears made me smile. :lol:
I wanted to slap her. She was clearly threatened by Bella's status as "the shiny new toy". Her kind of person irritates the crap out of me. She's so wrapped up in her own status as the queen bee, that she refuses to see any possibility other than rivalry.
I didn't really feel any particular way about Jacob. He was definitely interested in Bella beyond friendship, but at that point, so was everyone else. I was more irritated with Bella at this point. This is the first of many times we see her totally play Jacob for her own purposes. Granted, he doesn't really object. But still, it really lays a pattern...
Jacob grew up hearing all sorts of stories that just seemed impossible. Who would ever expect that men could change into wolves, and vampires could not only exist, but could be good guys. :lol:
I figured they would come into play at some point, but I didn't anticipate the size of the role they would play.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

I think I pretty much got the point that he would be feeding. If it wasn't a good camping spot, what else would a vampire do?

Ugh. I wanted to SMACK her. How rude!

I thought he was way cute. At the time, I was still focused on Edward so I didn't marvel too much in Jacob's supreme ~*awesomeness*~ (Lol. Relax. JK!), but it was clear that he liked her. Didja READ how he responded to her flirting!?

Because I don't think, if he had even EVER met Edward, he really paid attention to the strangeness of the Cullen family. He was pretty relaxed back then, and I don't think it was anything too important to him. However, Edward was off camping in a place that wasn't ideal, he had these HUGE mood swings, his eyes were different colors, he saved her under almost impossible circumstances... Going through all of that, she was bound to be a little more open to different possibilities.

Totally not. Like I said, I don't pay much attention to detail. I think I might have wondered, but I didn't pay much attention to it. I just wanted to know what was going on!
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
sleepingshadow
Settled in Forks

Post by sleepingshadow »

I figured he was secluding himself deep in the woods so he could be alone and contain his thirst.

I wouldn't mind smacking her...but girls like that are a dime a dozen in high school. I'm happy that she's able to disconnect herself from unworthy individuals such as her.

Most definitely. The way it was written you can definitely sense the crushing aspect and Bella's guilt as a result.

Bella had put the pieces together from her encounters with Edward. However to Jacob was chalking everything up to folklore of his heritage, so I wasn't surprised he was so open about the "tale."

Honestly, at the time I read the book I didn't anticipate any notion of werewolves (that's how involved I was with the electricity between the two main characters).
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~ i knew he was a vamp, so i figured it was vampire related.lol.

~ i think she's way too preppy for Bella.

~i thought he was just kinda cute in a way. i knew he liked Bella.

~ he had never seen edward act the way Bella had seen him act.

~ nope, i thought we would never hear about tehy wolves again or even jake.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
4everklutzy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 4everklutzy »

Well, since I knew that Edward was a vampire, I figured it had something to do with feeding.

There's always at least one Lauren in school. I immediately disliked her. She's obviously jealous of Bella and just immature enough to be obnoxious.

I thought Jacob was a cute little brother type and I liked him. I did think that he had a crush on Bella--why not?--and his reaction to her flirting showed just how much he liked her. I didn't think thought that he would take on the role that he did in NM.

The legends to Jacob were just that: legends. He grew up listening to them like fairy tales. Also, why would he have any cause to believe them when he had no experiences, unlike Bella, to make him wonder?

Oh, yes, I did. If one side is true, then it stands to reason that the other side would be too.