A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Blood Type

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
1) No. The sight of blood has never bothered me. But include internal organs.... well that's a different story. ;)
2)No. I actually liked it when he did. I felt he was not going to hurt her. b) no.
3)I agree. She is really more advanced emotionally and mentally than her peers.
4)He seems to want to be near her. He reacted to Mike carrying her to the sidewalk with concern. It was different because his view of her was changing rapidly and his desire to know her was getting the best of him.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
No, I don't really feel queasy around blood. The only time it really makes me feel queasy is when I'm thinking about giving blood myself. Which I have never done and I'm hoping I will never have to do.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
No I wasn't really afraid at all. I just thought it was cute =)

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
I completely agree. She seems way more mature for her age. She's independent and mentally strong.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
I think that for the first time it actually seemed like he cared about her and really did want to help her and didn't care about staying away from her anymore.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
alice_is_my_homegirl

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood? I never thought that I did, but then last night, I accidentily cut myself, and I totally felt sick.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her? I never thought about Mike's cut. I didn't even get it when Bella said, "Just keep your hand in your pocket."

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment? Agree. 110%. All of her life she had to be the adult.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters? He's more relaxed, and in all of the other chapters he's so cautious and gaurded.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

no, not really. it grosses me out but i dont get all nauseous

no. i thought he was finally letting his guard down.

yeah. i think she's more mature, more logical, in a way.

i think he finally let part of his guard down. i mean, he got so much closer to Bella by carrying her, even if he kinda held her away. i think this is the chapter where you finally see Edward opening up to Bella more even though he's "dangerous" to her.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
AlwaysforShaenEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by AlwaysforShaenEdward »

Nope im actually great when it comes to being around blood

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her? Nope i was floored because he was already showing his love:) No i didnt feel she was in danger unless it was her blood lol

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?Yes she's definitely an intelligent girl..yet an old soul..i love it.

He seemed more controlled and more open to getting to really know her and be near her:)
What i would give to be that stupid lamb!
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

No, not really.

No, I think that he didn't want to hurt her, so he would control himself.

I do agree with that! She is WAYYYY beyond her years. She is just a very mature girl, and knows how to take care of herself, obviously stemming from years of needy parents!

He is slowly letting down his guard, though his guard wasn't to protect himself from Bella, it was to protect himself from himself.
ImageImage
E<3B
TwilightRose1

Post by TwilightRose1 »

A little.. I dont like seeing blood much.. but it doesnt make me physically sick to see it. I wouldnt like the idea of pricking my finger much.. THAT might have made me sick. I think it would have been neat to find out my blood type though! I mean... that could reallllly come in handy!

Not at all worried. I could tell that he meant well. I didnt really think about the fact that their was blood around. Maybe he didnt notice either...? lol

I agree with that completely! She is VERY mature. not to mention responsible. Most of the time in the book it seem s as if she is the one takjng care of her parents.. not the other way around...

I think he was very chivalrous.. like being curteous and such.. carrying her to the nurses office.. picking up her books... it was all very sweet.. I was very happy with Edward in this chapter. :D
twilightfan1
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightfan1 »

No because im not queasy around blood at all

No i was just like hooray shes bumped into Edward. The fact that he seemed adament to take her from Mike hinted to me that he might feel a tinsy bit jealous

I agree that she is mature but then i found it strange after that Edward hadn't come across a more mature tennager before her - it's not like their really uncommon. It showed me that Edward could like her though. Jessica had said no one was good enough for him but this showed that he thought bella was different from the rest

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?I loved it, the way he was being all chivalrous trying to take care of her and such. i wish i knew an edward aha. it made me sure that despite all the confusion he did like Bella.
Cookies
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Cookies »

No, not really. But I was feeling a bit queasy when I saw a bloodless organ in work exp. Ew. Off-topic, I know. Anyway, no.

Nah. Edward is a gentleman and all that.

I agree. She seems far too mature in comparison to the likes of her other classmates.

IDK what demeanor means and cba to google it >;]
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb ..."

Hug me :)
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

No. Infact....Embassingly.. I...like....the taste of my own blood. :oops:

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her? No I wasn't. Because somehow I knew I could confide in Edward :)

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment? I agree. LIke Renee said Bella is an old soul. And so is Edward. That's y they found each other.

I think that he restrained himself because of his longing to care for and know about Bella.