A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Blood Type

Post by chowzinha »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
Nope!

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
Oh, it did not even cross my mind! I was so excited that Edward showed up, and could not wait for Edward to tell Mike away so he and Bella could have some quality time together. (Really, I was so amused by Bella's reaction when she saw Edward, and I was eager to see his reaction!)

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
Hmmm, not really... I think that Bella does look like a junior from the outside. But I think that Edward was referring to Bella's maturity. But otherwise, how can you tell? And when he says that she does not look like a junior, what is he really saying? That she looked like a grown up? Well, she is a grown up! ;)

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
If I haven't read Midnight Sun (draft), I would definitely say that I was thrilled! But after reading MS, I could really see Edward's internal struggle, and it made me have a different perspective. He was so already in love with her!
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

With regards to my own blood, yes....I feel faint if i cut my finger, and usually have to sit down..with the color of my face more like the vampires :) . But I'm usually OK around the blood of others, I manage to help people when they are bleeding.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
Not at all. I just thought that it was sweet that he cared so much for her. I thought that since the Cullens have chosen to live around humans, going to high school and Carlisle even working as a doctor, that they must have a very strong control of their instincts.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
I agree, like I have said elsewhere in this forum. Bella is more mature than her age.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
I think it all started in ch 4 with him asking her to go to Seattle with him. He seemed to have given up trying to do what he saw as the right thing, and just take some chances. He seemed to be in a bit better mood in this chapter (at least trying to be), talked and asked questions showing that he was clearly curious about Bella. He also showed that he cared for her, by carrying her to the nurses office, and insisting on driving her home.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?Nope. I'm not squeamish or anything like that, and blood doesn't bother me. I did find it kind of funny though, Bella hating blood and Edward surviving on it.

No. I knew from Dark High Noon and reading that before Twilight that he would never have touched her if he thought he might lose control.

Agree. She's extremely mature for her age, looking after her parents and practically single handedly running the household and all.

He really does get moodswings! :lol: He seems much more adorable in this chapter. So magnetic.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aliacullen »

no blood dont really bother me but im large amounts will make me feel a little bit grossed out

no i felt that he knew what he was doing

i agree she acts to mature for her age

i was happy and jelous for bella that he seems to actually care about her
Stephanie
Settled in Forks

Post by Stephanie »

Well, Iam very sensitive to blood to and feel sick.. But I cant really smell it like she can XD

No, not really. I kind of knew what was coming, that he would show up. So I was exited, and smiling lol, just waiting for what he would do/say.

I actually agree. She seems older, then her friends mostly. The way she is and thinks. Well atleast, some of them.

I think he was really sweet, and really tried. He also showed that he really cared about her!
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

Nope. I was very amused by the irony of it though..
I wasn't scared for her, I thought it was sweet of him. He seemed in a good mood, not like he would hurt her..he was worried about her.
I agree, she's much more mature, and doesn't care about the things normal teenagers care about, she's more of an adult.
I really liked him in this chapter, he was so caring and attached to Bella. He wasn't always this normal, he let him guard down more and just talked to her and teased her, he's in love with her by now.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
BrokenDreams
Wandering Through Town

Post by BrokenDreams »

Nope, not at all. I only get queasy from blood is there is a lot of it.

I definitely wasn't scared for her at all. I was actually really happy Edward showed up. I never thought about her being in danger.

I agree. Bella seems a lot more mature than most high school juniors.

I loved how sweet he was in this chapter. He really showed how much he cared about Bella.
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

No, not really.

No, I wasn't afraid for her. A little embarrassed for her, an annoyed for her, but not afraid.

I completely agree, Bella is very mature in a lot of ways. She's probably always been mature, but the fact that her mother is so scatterbrained helped her mature faster than normal.

Edward seemed more... relaxed & at ease with Bella and his feelings for her in this chapter. He seemed a lot less crazy & weird, to be honest.

Image Image Image
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

No... I don't get queasy... but I can smell it. I've been around some sort of blood my entire life so yea I know what it smells like. I was laughing when Bella described it. She was like rust and salt and I died because I've been saying that for years and no one believed me

I wasn't afraid for Bella. I was more scared for Mike. I had a feeling that Edward was in control enough that since Bella wasn't bleeding that it wouldn't be a problem for him.

I completely agree with that. And it has everything to do with the fact that she is the caretaker. She is the one who does everything for her parents. She had to grow up quickly to take care of Renee, so she is much more mature than 17.

I think that you can tell Edward is giving up on everything. He doesn't want to stay away from her anymore. He is trying to understand her. He's cautious, but not too cautious where you're like okay now come on.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
molsonsnobunny
Settled in Forks

Post by molsonsnobunny »

blood doesnt... seeing a broken bone on the other hand....

no, actually i didnt.. because since shesin school i really doubted edward would ruin whats going for him (a 'normal life where they fit in)

agree, shes too mature..

he seemed like he was trying to get more closer to her