A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
EmeraldLace
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Blood Type

Post by EmeraldLace »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
Nope
2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
On the first read I didn't know he was a vampire so...
3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
I agree, independent woman; like I said.
4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
He seems to really be frightened for her when he sees her collapsed on the side of the pathway, I thought that was strange but it added up with his actions Chapter 3 Phenomenon.
*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

For sure. I simply cannot handle it.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
Actually, no I knew he would make her safe.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
I totally agree. I think it's one of the things that attracts him to her. She has grown up taking care of others, instead of the other way around.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
He's being more gentle with her. I think we really see his love for her for the first time here...
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
MrsFutureCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by MrsFutureCullen »

1. Umm I actually dont get queasy around blood. But I can smell it like she can!!!
2. I never got scared for her when Edward was around I knew he loved her so I was defenitley not worried.
3. She defenitley seems more grown up for her age and she doesnt seem to be a junior but that probably because of her background and her whole mom situation.
4. Well in the others he doesnt want to be in contact with her and stuff and he always seems mad but I think for once he has finally given in!!!
What if Im not a superhero....What if Im the bad guy?"
-Edward aka Future Boyfriend
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

I was going to laugh. Blood smells good to me!

Na. I was just kinda surprised how Edward would do that to a girl he barely knew.

I thought she started a year later?

He was kinda funny and surprisingly gentlemanly.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
Sturpherz
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sturpherz »

I actually faint, when I smell or see blood. So YES! I can absolutely relate.

No, not the slightest, I was more girly giddy!

I would have to agree with edwards assesment, bella seems very mature for age, but most women who have ahad to help there parents grow up are.

He seems more interested, and a tad bit more willing to be interested rather than holding back and fighting with himself.
silverstar
Wandering Through Town

Post by silverstar »

Yes. I cannot stand other people's blood.

No, I do not think so. Edward didn't seem thirsty at the time, and Bella hadn't pricked her finger yet.

I agreed with it. He acts so much more mature.

I think this chapter is a major turning point for Edward's demeanour. He seems a lot more pleasant towards Bella in this chapter.
Words to live by: "If you judge people you have no time to love them"
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

Haha, no. I am a nurse. I don't love blood or anything, but I have seen more blood than many people will every see in a lifetime, I work in OB, very bloody.

Honestly I am embarassed to say that I hadn't grasped the whole intensity of the blood thing for Edward yet, so I wasn't thinking of her being in danger. When he scooped her up I was kind of excited, but always was thinking of what I would be thinking if some gorgeous guy did that to me, and honestly it'd probably make me uncomfortable in an embarassed way. So when reading this I was kind of feeling that for Bella. She doesn't like to be overly doted on so that's why I think she was telling him to put her down.

I agree with this assessment, it goes back to talking about Bella being a bit more mature than the other students. Like he says in one of the chapters, he can see that she's carrying a lot of weight/pain around for the sake of other people. Bella seems like an old soul to me.

I think its much better. I was personally totally suprised by him asking her to come sit with him at lunch. I still found him very curious though, like he wanted her to know about him, but he also didn't at the same time. You can tell he's warring with himself in that conversation on whether Bella should know the truth or not, and whether she'd be better of knowing or not. On the other hand he shows more affection in this chapter than others, by sublty flirting with her at lunch and then outright sweeping her off her feet after the biology lab!
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
corinnejca
Wandering Through Town

Post by corinnejca »

I don't completely relate to Bella on this one. I start to feel queasy if I see large amounts of blood in a movie or described in a book. I also feel queasy around blood banks because I know large amounts of blood are around. But, small amounts of blood don't bother me. A prick of my finger, a cut, these things do not bother me.

I was definitely not afraid. I think my heart lifted when he scooped her up and carried her to the nurse's office. I was smiling and was so excited. I thought it was so adorable that he was so concerned about her safety. There wasn't blood around until the other student came in, because Bella didn't actually prick her finger. But no, I wasn't worried at all about her safety because I felt she was safe when Edward was around.

I agree and disagree with that assessment. I think she meant that she can take care of herself and is very mature for her age. I agree with that assessment, but I also think that a lot of girls that are 17 are like that. When you are 17, you should be grown up enough to take care of yourself. You should be able to cook, at least a little, you should be able to do your own laundry, you should not be relying on your parents for everything. At 17, you're just one year away from being an adult.

His demeanor in this chapter made me so happy. It was incredibly different because he wasn't pushing her away; he was seeking her out instead by asking him to sit with her at lunch. He was finally giving in completely to his desires to be around her, which was just fine with me!
VYVY
Settled in Forks

Post by VYVY »

1. I don't relate to Bella feeling queasy about blood at all.

2. Just a little afraid she might throw up on him and that would be embarrassing. She was feeling queasy and nauseaus (did i spell that right?).

3. I agree with Edward on this one. She's too adult-ish.

4. Well, he's finally not trying to ignore her. This made me content but jealous of Bella.
Credit - (Icon & Banner) By SideKick @ Vesperarium
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

HECK YES. I can't stand blood not even a little bit.

No, I don't think he could ever hurt her.

Both. Sometimes she acts like a high school student and sometimes she doesn't.

He seems more in control of himself. He is so suave and comfortable not at all aquward like he was before.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3