A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Blood Type

Post by Lieziewiezie »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
I don't like seeing blood in huge amounts like when you donate blood and the bag runs full. In this context I wouldn't have a problem.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
No ofcourse not. It was a caring gesture, no need to be scared.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
Agree, we already knew Bella was forced to be mature and responable more then some from her classmates. I think that must have been clear to everybody was cared enought to actually notice that.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
That he found a way to get in ease with the strong feelings he had and that he finally could be himself again. You knew the other times he had pullen up a facade.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

No, I don't mind blood. I get queasy around needles so the idea of pricking my own finger would bother me but not the blood.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
No. She hadn't pricked her finger and I wasn't really thinking much about Mike so the thought never occurred to me.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
Agree. She does have some teenage thoughts and moments but in general she acts older than her age.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
Edward was more open and unguarded with Bella during lunch. He hinted at the truth a lot. When he helps her to the nurse, he shows real concern for her. He is much more worried about her than he was after the car accident.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
~BabiiElzxVampiress~
Settled in Forks

Post by ~BabiiElzxVampiress~ »

No, blood doesn' bother me its the gorier bits that make me sick :)

No, but heck I was jealous!!!

Agree. She is normally really mature and thinks stuff through clearly.

He was happier and actually seemed like he cared about Bella, he was more open.

xxx
Elz
xxx
I suffer from OCD,Obsessive Cullen Disorder
Forget Team Edward, Forget Team Jacob, I'm representing Team FANGIRL
How strongly are you opposed to grand theft auto?
~Alice Cullen
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Not really. I don’t particularly like the smell of it, but it doesn’t make me ill.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that there was blood around might endanger her?
No. Bella said that Edward sounded upset at first and then he sounded relieved, so I was never worried about her safety. She wasn’t bleeding, so it wasn’t as if her blood was going to make him go crazy.

No, Bella comes off as being a lot more mature than a lot of her classmates. I’m pretty sure it comes from her years of looking after her mother.

Edward is starting to seem more concerned for her safety; he’s taking on the role of protector, like when he forcibly drives her home after the incident in biology class or when he tells her to be careful when she goes to the beach with her other friends. He seems a little softer too, a little less guarded and less aloof than he had been. He asks Bella more personal questions and sees just how selfless she really is. He is still a little weary when Bella says that she’s not frightened of him.
viokagloring
Wandering Through Town

Post by viokagloring »

not like that. im okay with with blood, at least that much. if there is a loooooooot then i might get
queasy. and i dont really like the smell.

i definately was not afraid for Bella. i cant help but think she liked it. haha i know i would. i didnt really think about how the blood would affect Edward, i figured it was far enought away.

i agree with that. she is very mature for her age. i relate to her in that aspect too.

he was so much nicer. and cute! haha the little things he did made me laugh. he seemed much more comfortable around Bella.

...strong emotions can alter us in permanent ways.
Imprintings
Settled in Forks

Post by Imprintings »

I can totally relate. Let's just say I had a bad hospital experience, when I was 10. So much blood :shock:

NO WAY. I'm just like Bella, instead of thinking what a 'normal' person would think...I think of the total opposite. I was like OHHH Edward to the rescue with his super dazzling powers!

Yes and no. She is mature in a way, but she can also be...how to put it? Oblivious to obvious things she should be feeling.

Nicer. Cuter. More Dazzling.
Loved it.

It was so cute, he was so supportive when she needed him :D The jokes were cute to and I love it how he totally snubbed Mike!
X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X
Wandering Through Town

Post by X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X »

Yes, Blood freaks me out. Especially my own.

Oh Wow, that's a good point, actually, I never thought of that! but now you mention it xD but no, I was jealous of her xD

Ahhh, half and half, she's more mature than other people her age, but she isn't, I don't know, she can't establish her feelings very well.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?I got to know him more, and immediately fell in love with the character. He was....Dazzling xD
It's not faith if you use your eyes.
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

No. If its a lot of blood then i think thats different for everybody, but a little prick I probably wouldn't notice.

Noo.. umm I'm pretty sure i was something like omg he's touching her.
If Edward was able to be around other humans all the time i don't think that Mike, a guy that he loathes, would be very appealing to him anyways.

I agree. Like a lot of people say Bella does seem very mature, because of the way her mom is. Soo of course she doesn't seem like any of the other juniors at Forks High School.

Nicer. And he seemed like he was intentionally trying to protect her, instaed of waiting for something really bad to happen and saving her, then being forced to have to try to protect his family's secret from her again.

Ohh yeah I forgot one thing, he's much more Dazzling :)
MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

No
No, I felt more awkward that he was carrying her around. I would just feel really self-conscious. I did think that there being blood around would endanger her especially when he was acting sort of frantic when he thought she was hurt.
I agree because she has had to take care of her mom and now she is taking care of Charlie
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

Nope. I can handle finger pricks. :)

No, I saw it as him trying to help and protect her. I could see how much he was starting to care for her.

I agree. She is more mature than the rest of her classmates.

He's more protective. You can see he's starting to care a lot about Bella. I like how he comes off around her.
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)