A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SydlovesTwilight
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Blood Type

Post by SydlovesTwilight »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
Other people's blood I feel a little queasy and my own only scares me in large amounts. I swear that if I wasn't afraid of what this guy would think of me, I would have thrown up at my first, only, and possibly last blood drive.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
Not really, he just seemed to have his caring side takeover the thirst from the moment he said her name. The blood wasn't her own, so no.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
Disagree, though her maturity level and priorities are very different from her classmates, she still sounds like a young teenage girl.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
Edward opens up way more in this chapter, than the previous chapters. This is where he finally realizes (at least I think so) that he can't escape this attraction he has to Bella and the attraction she has to him. He is giving in to his wants and at the same time, making Bella happy.
srabrgr
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by srabrgr »

UGH, Yes. I am horrible around blood...I have never passed out...but I do get a really sick feeling.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
No not at all, him hurting her never even crossed my mind. Since Bellas blood wasn't out in the open it didn't worry me a bit.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
I agree and disargree. I think the way that she handles everything is really mature, but when your in her head like you are in Twilight (Hah, we have an advantage Edward dosen't :P) you can sort of tell that she is a Junior.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
I was Oh-so-happy, he was less...hmm, how bout I say desk gripping? :D
"Don't forget those sparklin' day walkers!"
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

oh gosh yes! it makes me sick. not like im gonna pass out but like im gonna puke. and a prick of the finger is no big deal. but more blood...UGH!!!

not at all! i thought it was awesome and hot! lol

she does seem more mature then that but idk

oh i love it! he seems so cool and mysterious but yet friendly and gorgeous! in the other chapters he is was more "cryptic" lol
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
twilittazz
Settled in Forks

Post by twilittazz »

1.I agree with Bella, blood smells gross. I don't know why but when I see blood(even just a drop) my eyes water.
I can't remember the rest! :oops: but I do remember that this chapter was a turning point for me. Before, I thought that Mike *shudder* was gonna be the hero, and Edward was just hypnotizing her with his charm before he killed her, and that her heart was gonna be broken, but Mike would come in, and like, stab Edward with a stake. :roll:
After this chapter though,i could tell that this was the real thing. And I could tell that i was gonna be freaking obsessed with this book.
Heaven forbid I not be protected from tanks.Image
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Nope.

Nope. I don't think I was ever fearful of anything while reading this book. I didn't think about the blood around her causing a problem really.

I do ageree. Bella isn't at all immature and she has a solid head on her shoulders. The only thing that makes me think of her as a teen, is that she acts like she is invincible.

I finally saw that Edward kinda likes Bella.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
LipsForeverSealed
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: In a black leather chair, that spins, *spin* weee! In Ireland

Post by LipsForeverSealed »

Not really, vast amounts of blood would freak me out so bad, but well not a finger prick. well wait now actually I would feel a bit o godish but yeah not too bad..
No I was so happy when Edward came over to her. No danger
Yeah i agree with Edward
Hes different yes, more um unmysterious and dark maybe, more open
LipsForeverSealed
Image Edward Cullen
emilycullenx
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by emilycullenx »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood? Not to the extreme she does; I've actually never fainted because of it, either.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her? Actually, I didn't think about her being in danger because of Edward at all. I was all focused on Mike and Edward's tiny brawl. Haha. I thought it was adorable how Edward just sort of rushed in to take care of things; poor Mike. xD

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment? I disagree; she's very much like me, only now I'm a senior, but at the time, I was a junior. She can be very mature, though, but then again, so can a lot of other juniors.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters? If I can remember correctly, I thought he was being very nice and sweet; he was very caring, too. The complete opposite from his demeanor in the beginning/previous chapters, eh? He was being very kind and nurturing, I thought. I smiled a lot during this chapter. (:
"every single memory is erasing;
going back to the times when we were strangers.
"
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

Not really. My own blood doesn't bother me at all. Gaping wounds on other people gross me out, but I wouldn't get sick from just a pin prick of blood.

No, I actually found it quite charming that he carried her to the nurses office. I hadn't really thought of the fact that their was blood around at that point. I hadn't quite figured out Edward's secret yet or what things would trigger any dangerous situations.

I completely agree. She seems extrodinarily mature to me. So does Edward. I think that's why older people can relate to the books as well. If you just try to put out of your mind that they are in high school it seems like a more adult romance to me.

Twifighter4Edward17
Settled in Forks

Post by Twifighter4Edward17 »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood ?

This might be weird but no I can't really. Actually if I see blood i will just end up staring at it and it just amuses me. I know I'm weird.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooed her up? Did you think the facet hat their was blood around might endanger her ?

No I was hoping when he walked over to her and I was glad that he carried her to the nurce's office instead. And I don't think she was in any danger as long as she was near Edward.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment ?

I disagree because she could be a junior or sophmore. But that's just me.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter ? How did it differerent than in the previous chapters ?

I can't really answer because I don't really understand this question. Sorry
Megsimadic
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Megsimadic »

No, blood doesnt bother me

I was more amused at that point that he had just stole her from Mike. I didnt think she was in danger.

I agree with him. She is very mature.

This is where he starts to open, and we see a little more into the way he thinks. You realise that he was trying to avoid Bella for her benefit and you realise that he does care more than he has shown previously
My Youtube - My Livejournal
Private Meg Shinigami of Jasper's Confederate Army

Team Jasper:He is my happy hormone
Team Alice: Because Im short and annoying too!