A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Blood Type

Post by psugar »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?I too can smell blood, I've have had to get blood test since I was 3 or 4 for epilepsy so yeah blood doesn't sicken me(when I volunteered at a camp to counsler one a lot of the kids were losing teeth I was the only one there to help)

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?Nope

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?Agree

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?He seems to care about here like tons more.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?

LOL! No, I have children!

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?

I thought that at first, but then I realized that he really was falling for her and he would do everything in his power to keep her safe, even from himself.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?

I totally agree. She seems more adult like than teenager like.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?

I thought the change was kinda drastic (over the last chapter or so). But I like it! I want an Edward!!!
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
Nostalgicmiss
Settled in Forks

Post by Nostalgicmiss »

Not particularly, I'm a horror movie fan so it would be a little maladroit if I were squeemish. There are thing about real gore that bother me though, you know the stuff they leave out of movies, the stuff that I am not going to put into writing because just thinking about it makes me shudder!!

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?

I never thought Bella was in danger when Edward scooped her up, my main thought was how very gallant of him. I thought he might take her to the nurse. After he had saved her from the van, I assumed he would do pretty much anything to keep her out of harms way.
I was more amused at Mike's reaction to the swooping in LOL

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?

Certainly, she's very mature. The way she looked at things surprised me, her reactions were so calm and she never really lost her head in a situation. Going through the book in her mind made it easy to relate to her, and I could identify with her decisions.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
His sarcasm was still present, but to me I found myself hoping that he was realizing his feelings, that he was finally admitting to himself that he wanted to be with Bella. I wanted that for her too, she was so attached to him, even after the emotional roller coaster he'd subjected her too.
His demeanor seemed to reflect that, the change seemed to amplify that he was truly reconsidering his previous actions and that he was finally admitting to himself that he wanted to get to know her better.
Scandal is gossip made tedious by morality.
- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

No, although once I did get really queasy when I cut my hand and had to lay down.

No, not at all.

I agree. She is a lot more mature than many of the other characters.

He was definitely the protector in this chapter. You could tell he had changed his mind about staying away from Bella and you start to see that he adores her.
ImageImage
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

YES i do. i can smell blood and i get really sick when i am around it, though i don't faint. i just makes me throw up. it doesnt smell like rust and salt to me though. i can't really identify what it smells like to me because normally i am too busy retching to think about it. i don't like the look of blood either - any blood. i can't do any disections in biology because of this.

no i really didn't. it made sense to me that he would look after her, and the blood issue for him did not reall worry me. i had a hunch itw ould be mind over matter

i actually disagree with that. there are a lot of mature young women in high school, and when you are 16/17 you can be very grown up, it depends on your circumcumstances. i realise that edward has "seen it all", but he hasn't looked closly at individual monds like he did for bella (so to speak). a lot of people in high school put on an act for other people so that they can be accepted, but inside they are actually mature and thoughtfull, like Bella

i loved this side of Edward. i thought that it was so different, and i made him more real for me. the laughter and the jokes made me identify with him, and like him more than when he was silent and brooding. the silent brooding was very intruing though, and i kind of missed the challenge that this presented me with - the what is Edward? question. when he is laughing and joking he appears more human. only on the surface though
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

negatory. I've never been nausious around blood- as a kid i ran around with all the boys so i guess you could say i'm used to bruises and scrapes :roll:

Psh! NO! For some reason i had full faith in Edward especially since he was always so calm

Agreed. In my opinion she seemed so mature and the fact that she wasn't into any high school drama strengthened my opinion of he

I liked it- he seemed much more open and caring for Bella. Which i LOVED! I don't know, the fact that Edward was so concerned for her had me swooning none-stop...*sigh* i love Edward :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
krissf
Settled in Forks

Post by krissf »

A little bit.I can smell the blood and it makes me a little queasy but I can usually handle it.

Actually I was elated when he scooped her up.From before this moment you could tell that he had some feelings for her but here to me it was very evident.He wouldnt endanger her to himself if he didnt care to a degree.

I think its more because of her reactions and how she is around everybody.Shes more mature than most.

I think that it was a little odd at times but thats just Edward being Edward aned tormenting himself I'd guess.
raerae267
Settled in Forks

Post by raerae267 »

Yes I do. I feel sick when i see blood.

No not really. I didn't know how dangerous he was then. I wasnt really thinking about that when i was reading the book. I was more thinking about how Edward was helping Bella.

I agree very much with that. she seems like she knows more than she would like to.

He was less Stiff. and had more of an impact on Bella.
jonsgirljen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jonsgirljen »

Well, kinda, I don't like blood. It doesn't make me sick exactly, but I really don't like the sight of blood.

Of course not, Edward wouldn't do anything to harm Bella, and it wasn't like it was her blood that was around, her finger never got pricked. I do have to say that I loved the way that Edward swooped in and took her, literally, away from Mike!

I agree because she's always taking care of someone, whether it's her mom or her dad, it's like she looks to find someone that she can "mother."

Edward was definitely warmer towards Bella. He opened up a lot. I think that he realized that he liked her way more than he let on, so he went with it!
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

Nope, i have no issue with blood, but it depends on the context.

No i thought it was sweet when he scooped her and wished with all my might it were me.

I agree, she's much to mature for her age, in some sense.

I loved the way he finally loosened up and showed what he was really feeling. We finally got to know a little bit of edward.