A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Chapter 4 ~ Invitations

Post by darkrider »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?
Maybe because she WANTED edward to ask her secretly. But also, Bella isn't the kid of girl to want to go out and party.

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior?
I just figured it was dependsing on how long ago he ....ate.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
prettyrey
Settled in Forks

Post by prettyrey »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?
I think that she just does not like public events. And Bella is very mature for her age so even though all the boys were the same age/grade level, she was not connecting to them.

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior?
this is all new to him and by that point it is obvious that he loves her so he is fighting with himself on whether or not he can trust her or would he be better off with out her.
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?None of them were her type? Maybe she doesn't feel like embarassing in front of the whole entire student body again.

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior?Same thing.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

I think it was just because she would rather do her work than worry about boys. As for the dance, she knows she's a klutz and doesn't want anyone to see her embarrass herself. As for the "Lets just go as friends", the boys all have crushes on her and she didn't want to lead any of them on.

I wasn't really sure at first. I was putting it on the fact that he already saved her from the wreck of Tyler's van. And he was scared that she would "out" him and his family. Even though she gave her word that she wouldn't say anything.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
Nostalgicmiss
Settled in Forks

Post by Nostalgicmiss »

I think she didn't want to go to the dance because she didn't like the spotlight, she was very self conscious from the get go so it didn't surprise me that sh 86ed the dance.
I don't think any of the boys appealed to her because they were just that . . . boys! Bella seemed mature for her years and when you have a mature mind adolescent boys can be tedious, I don't think any of them intellectually stimulated her. She refers to Eric as the Math geek, so that was no surprise, she thought Tyler offered because he almost squished her, and I think his arrogance annoyed her, (and she was preoccupied with Edward at the time!). Mike was a lap dog always too eager, his possessiveness annoyed me so I was sure Bella's reaction was the same, not only that, she was a loyal friend to Jessica. She knew how Jessica felt and she would have never done that to her friend whether she was interested or not.

That made me laugh when she blurted that at him, it was a Bella thing to say. I thought (after Mike asked Bella to the dance in front of Edward) that perhaps the jealousy made him realize how he felt about Bella. Seeing someone else look at her like that and take affirmative action towards getting to know her better, I assumed that it made him realize how much he liked her.
Scandal is gossip made tedious by morality.
- Oscar Wilde
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

Because she can't dance and doesn't want to embarrass herself.

Multiple personalty disorder
RakeyCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by RakeyCullen »

I think she didn't want to go to the dance because she is clumsy sI think she was used to being kind of a loner back in Arizona

I thought that he was nervous or something.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

Bella doesn't see the purpose or the fun in a school dance. She also doesn't want to embarrass herself or be the center of attention. None of the boys appeal to her because she is far too mature for high school boys.

Again, I already knew he was a vampire so I attributed it to the fact that he had to hide so many things from Bella.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
viokagloring
Wandering Through Town

Post by viokagloring »

hahaha no one appealed to her because she noticed that she was in close encounters with the most gorgeous...man ever!!! haha. she just didnt want to go to the dance either. i know i dont like dances and from how Meyer describes Bella, i would not blame her for trying to get out of it any way she could.

i didnt even know! it seemed like he was different everytime she talked to him. i didnt know what to make of it.

...strong emotions can alter us in permanent ways.
X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X
Wandering Through Town

Post by X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X »

She didn't have that much confidence, so maybe she was nervous about not being able to dance. Also she knew she had some feelings for Edward so maybe she was waiting for him to ask and she didn't fully know alot of the people who were asking her.

He was confused. That's all I could think off. xD
It's not faith if you use your eyes.