A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Chapter 1 ~ First Impressions

Post by Sydflower »

1. Did you relate to Bella right away? If so, what part of her did you identify with?
Absolutely not lol. Im more outgoing and I would have tried to find the good in the situation, not cry and be depressed.

2. What were your first impressions of Renee and Charlie?
I didnt really think about them..I just thought, Im glad my dad can cook lol.

3. What were your first impressions of the friends Bella meets?
I could tell Jessica was just begging for attention, but everyone else seemed clingy yet wanting to comfort her.

4. Were you scared or intrigued by Edward?
I was intrigued! Who wouldn't be??

5. What did you think of Edward's odd behavior?
I started the book knowing he was a vampire so I knew what he was but wasn't exactly sure of his problem.

6. Did this chapter hook you on the book or were you still trying to see what the fuss was?
I was hooked on page 18 lol. (long story)
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

1. Did you relate to Bella right away? If so, what part of her did you identify with?
~yes, yes, and YES!! im shy, skinny and definitely not athletic, and very clumsy.

~ I liked Renee alot. I wasn't real sure about Charlie.

~ The only friend I really liked was Angela.

~ I was very intrigued by Edward.

~ I already knew he was a vampire because a year ago, my friends were like "You have to read it! Its about vampires!" lol

6. Did this chapter hook you on the book or were you still trying to see what the fuss was?
~I was hooked from page 1.

As a side note...... I LOVED how Bella says "Nobody's going to bite me." when she walks into the school for her first time!!!!
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Team Edward Girl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Team Edward Girl »

~ Yes I did relate to Bella. That was one of the first draws of the books for me. I'm clumsy, not athletic, a reader, my parents are divorced and they live in different states, one state is sunny and hot the other is wet and rainy, I don't like the rainy place, I live with my dad now, the list goes on.

~ They sort of reminded me of my parents. My mom's a little hair-brained, while my dad is a little more sensible. That's how I saw Renee and Charlie.

~Mike seemed cool but a little annoying, Jessica was just annoying, and as I've always seen her, Angela was awesome.

~I was intregued, like "Why is he looking at her like that?" Even then I still thought he was hot!

~I was curious as to why he was like that. No one spoiled any of it for me so I was left hanging.

~No but I was definatly interested, I wasn't officaly hooked until chapter 3
"I see you lying next to me with words I thought I'd never speak; awake and unafraid asleep or dead" -Famous Last Words" My Chemical Romance
4everklutzy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 4everklutzy »

Yeah, actually, I did. In high school I was quiet, a major reader and a major klutz--I almost always leave any sports related activity with some kind of injury.

I thought that Renee was a bit scattered and Bella was probably more the care giver--another thing that I could relate to. Charlie seemed like a nice guy who wanted to be a good dad, but was a little out of practice.

I thought that everyone seemed pretty nice, Jessica a little too gossipy though. Angela seemed like a very kind girl right away.

I was actually intrigued. I wanted to know more about him and the other Cullens.

I had seen the movie before I read the book, but I wanted to know what was behind his behavior, what was he thinking.
I was hooked from the beginning. I really like Stephenie's writing style too.
zoelynn602
Wandering Through Town

Post by zoelynn602 »

Yes, i related to her kind of clumsy, shy self...i related to her right away

just a typical divorced couple with a kid

i really liked jessica, angela, and eric..mike newton annoyed me right away

a bit of both

i didn't quite understand, i was skimming through it pretty quickly

i was hooked on the book immediatly i wanted to know what edward's problem was
I cannot live in a world where you don't exist...
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

I sort of could relate to her. I had to move across the globe to a different country when I was 14. I can understand why she'd be worried about going to school where everyone already knew everyone. I am also a bit clumsy, I suck at sports.

Renee seemed like a scatterbrain. Charlie was like the typical dad, not in tune with feelings and emotions, but more gruff and showed his love by actions not words.

I was annoyed at Mike right away LOL :lol:
Jessica was a little annoying too. I actually liked Eric and Angela, they seemed like the nicest of the bunch.

Intrigued for sure!!! Who wouldn't be, the way he was described?? His face was absolutely perfect, such a beautiful boy.

I knew that he was a vampire, but I did not know he could read minds until later on in the book. So I knew he was odd because he wanted to kill her, but I did not understand why he was soooo frustrated when they talked.

Hooked right away. The whole Cullen family appealed to me right away.
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

Not really. I got being nervous about starting a new school and I match her in looks basically. White skin, brown hair and eyes. I would learn to relate to her more though. Especially in her relationship w/ her dad.

Basically that their relationship had been "Young love/opposites attract"

Mike was ok at first, but got annoying. Jessica seemed like she drank a lot of coffee. (LOL) I liked Angela for the same reason that Bella did.

Intriqued. How could I not be?

I got the vampire thing, but I didn't know about the mind-reading. So I was a little like, "Dude, what's your deal?"

I still didn't get it, but my friend said I'd have to suffer through the first two or three chapters.
Last edited by readmymind on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
Twilight_Sabii
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilight_Sabii »

Yes I related very quickly to Bella. We're both shy,and we both think we are normal.
I thought Renee was really outgoing and would allow Bella to do almost anything and I thoght Charlie was reserved but protective about Bella. In a way,a good pair
I thought everyone was really welcoming and nice to her [especially the boys]. Personally, I think Angela is a better friend because they are both shy and they dont lyke that much attention.
I wasn't scared at all because I had a feeling that no matter what Edward wasn't going to hurt Bella.
At first I'm just thinking "Why would he do that??" but later on i understood and felt sorry for him [and awed a bit] having to use so much mental energy to prvent his insticts from surfacing.
I loved the book from the begging;I was immediatly hooked. I'm still desperatly trying to find someone to lend me Eclipse.
яєηєєѕмє cuℓℓєη
.:[ℓα тuα сαηтαηтє]:. ‹3
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

kinda in a way. i mean, i knew if i was moving to a new place, i would act exactly the way bella acted. but other than that, the only thing is we both have brown eyes and hair.

i like both of them for some reason. Renee has a childish quality about her, like me (haha) and i just like charlie for some reason

i liked Angela right away, but Mike and Jessica were kind of annoying lol

intrigued!!!! i was like i wanna know more!!!

i wondered why he was acting like that. i wanted to read ahead haha

yes, right after i read about the Cullens i was like, im hooked! :}

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
Hawaii214
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hawaii214 »

Not really, just that i go to school in a small town, my parents are divorced, and i like to keep to myself. :|

I thought Renee was nothing like Bella, I think Bella was more mature then Renee. I think Charlie is nice and stays out of Bellas personal life (at first). :)

I thought Angela was sweet and friendly. I thought Jessica was self-conscious and jealous. I thought it was funny how noticeable it was that Mike was flirting with Bella. 8-)

I was curious what he was thinking. So...intrigued. :roll:

I thought it was rude but i already knew they would get together. ;)

Well, i already saw the movie and people were asking me about it and telling me to go read it, so i was sorta hooked before i even started reading. :)
"Death, that hath Sucked the Honey from thy Breath, hath had no Power yet upon thy Beauty"-Edward Cullen
"Enjoying the Bouquet, while Resisting the Wine"-Edward Cullen